Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1287812 times)
ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1560 on: December 01, 2015, 07:23:35 PM »

WTF?!?!?

What is so difficult about realizing that if you can't see the sun in the sky, or at least a fair about of "sky blue" in the air, you should probably have your kriffing headlights on? And this should just be a universal law: if shell is falling out of the cloudy sky, you should have your headlights on. Just sayin'.

All manner of unpleasantness runs through my mind when I have to share the road with the breed of idiot that can't understand this.

There actually is a state law in PA, that if your windshield wipers are on, your headlights must be as well. It pisses me off to no end every time I see an out of stater(9 times out of 10 with the black and orange disgustingness of a NY license plate) driving in a torrential downpour (or worse a snow storm) with no headlights.  

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1561 on: December 01, 2015, 08:38:24 PM »

There actually is a state law in PA, that if your windshield wipers are on, your headlights must be as well. It pisses me off to no end every time I see an out of stater(9 times out of 10 with the black and orange disgustingness of a NY license plate) driving in a torrential downpour (or worse a snow storm) with no headlights.  

I would have hoped that by this point in our evolution that stupidity was no longer a lifestyle choice.

RRRRRRRRRRRR I HATE stupid people.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #1562 on: December 03, 2015, 06:12:41 AM »

It's illegal here, too.  If your wipers are on, your lights have to be on.  It's a pretty hefty fine, too.

Common sense is not so common.  Roll Eyes

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #1563 on: December 03, 2015, 12:45:05 PM »

I'm pretty sure it's one of those state laws that went national... I thought it was national, according to AAA it's a law in about 40 out of the 50 states...

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #1564 on: December 03, 2015, 05:36:14 PM »

It's illegal here, too.  If your wipers are on, your lights have to be on.  It's a pretty hefty fine, too.

Common sense is not so common.  Roll Eyes

You WOULD think that common sense wouldn't have to be legislated into practice....but alas, America is now land of the ignorantly stupid.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1565 on: December 03, 2015, 07:41:40 PM »

You WOULD think that common sense wouldn't have to be legislated into practice....but alas, America is now land of the ignorantly stupid.

And the politically corrupt. But then you have to admit, idiots are far easier to govern and pacify with bullshell.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

RDWilson
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -22

I am the perfect embodiment of the Dark Side!

« Reply #1566 on: December 03, 2015, 09:53:23 PM »

It all just comes back to that saying - every time you make something idiot-proof, the world just makes a better idiot.

Onward! Onward! Onward to victory!

Dominix LE V4, RGBA, Obsidian V4

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1567 on: December 03, 2015, 09:54:39 PM »

It all just comes back to that saying - every time you make something idiot-proof, the world just makes a better idiot.

Then the Americans make him president.  Roll Eyes

Sig by For Tyeth

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #1568 on: December 03, 2015, 10:39:05 PM »

Ok - I'm not one to do a ton of Venting . . . but . . .

After an extremely stressful week at work (which is now over - hooray 9/80 schedule), I was very much looking forward to my new Menace CE showing up today (got the FedEx e-mail saying it was scheduled for delivery today) - which was for my Birthday, which is this weekend.

Well - it never showed up - and the Tracking Info makes no sense and has no scheduled Delivery Date.  It was shipped Saturday and right now - I don't even know where it is.

I am now waiting for FedEx to call me back and tell me what's going on and where it is.

Angry

I know in the grand scheme of things - that's a total "rich people problem" - but you all know what it's like waiting for your Saber and this was the one I've been excited for the most.

To not even know where it is right now - stinks.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #1569 on: December 04, 2015, 03:39:12 AM »

Ok - I'm not one to do a ton of Venting . . . but . . .

After an extremely stressful week at work (which is now over - hooray 9/80 schedule), I was very much looking forward to my new Menace CE showing up today (got the FedEx e-mail saying it was scheduled for delivery today) - which was for my Birthday, which is this weekend.

Well - it never showed up - and the Tracking Info makes no sense and has no scheduled Delivery Date.  It was shipped Saturday and right now - I don't even know where it is.

I am now waiting for FedEx to call me back and tell me what's going on and where it is.

Angry

I know in the grand scheme of things - that's a total "rich people problem" - but you all know what it's like waiting for your Saber and this was the one I've been excited for the most.

To not even know where it is right now - stinks.

Know the feels. I should have received a parcel tuesday or wednesday at the latest and it still hasnt arrived, and I'm impatiently waiting for another very large package to turn up which should've been here by now. Australia Post sadly has shoddy tracking. It consists of 'sent', 'in transit'- but they give no indication of where or how, just that it is supposedly in transit, and 'delivered'. well yes thank you, I know it is delivered when I am holding it. Their customer service hotline is utterly ridiculous too, been stuck trying to sort out another parcel's delivery in the past.

I would have hoped that by this point in our evolution that stupidity was no longer a lifestyle choice.

RRRRRRRRRRRR I HATE stupid people.

Working in auto retail I see a lot of them  Roll Eyes I once got into a discussion with a customer who INSISTED we should NEVER drive with our headlights on because it is a danger to other drivers, and instead ALL roads, at the very least in any kind of build up area, should be completely lit. Yes, because lighting up all the streets bright as day is totally something we could do. In a state that is absolutely massive and is mostly empty country with huge distances of nothingness between most town/ city centres. *facepalm* not to mention the energy, infrastructure and maintenance costs..... Then again a lot of Perth people seem to have it in their head that Perth is Western Australia and forget about everywhere else.

It's amazing just how many people don't turn on their lights, with the excuse they can see just fine. Well that's great that you can see fine, but when you have just about any coloured car other than bright yellow or orange or red or blue, it's gonna blend into the road at dawn, dusk and anytime it is particularly overcast. Your lights are as much about letting others see you fool.

I think we need that law about wipers and headlights here....

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #1570 on: December 04, 2015, 06:56:16 AM »

I just sent a parcel to Australia and now hope that it will arrive safely.  The last time I was there, we rented a car.  There seemed to be a lot of cameras on the highway, regular streets and at traffic lights.  The driver was freaking out the whole trip about being recorded doing something wrong like speeding.  She is British but lived in Hong Kong where I guess driving is a free for all and at your own risk.  Canada is catching up with reduced speeds and more cameras.  I can't keep up with all the driving rules.  Still far too many texting or talking on phone while driving.  The latest YouTube gone viral is of a BC female driver with no hands on the wheel using a curling iron to do her hair.  Unfortunately the car license not filmed.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1571 on: December 04, 2015, 03:13:43 PM »

More on stupid people...

As an engineer, I sometimes get calls asking if we sell this that or the other thing. Not being a salesman, I chuckle when they expect me to know 1 part, of a specific length, from the other 17000 extrusion dies that we have. But the best ones are the calls where someone, in the manufacturing industry, has to ask how close .250 is to 1/4".

I laugh to keep from reaching through the phone to smack them. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #1572 on: December 05, 2015, 02:53:39 AM »

I just sent a parcel to Australia and now hope that it will arrive safely.  The last time I was there, we rented a car.  There seemed to be a lot of cameras on the highway, regular streets and at traffic lights.  The driver was freaking out the whole trip about being recorded doing something wrong like speeding.  She is British but lived in Hong Kong where I guess driving is a free for all and at your own risk.  Canada is catching up with reduced speeds and more cameras.  I can't keep up with all the driving rules.  Still far too many texting or talking on phone while driving.  The latest YouTube gone viral is of a BC female driver with no hands on the wheel using a curling iron to do her hair.  Unfortunately the car license not filmed.

It should arrive safely, so long as the delivery driver doesn't lazily dump it on the front door step in the rain. Ive heard some horror stories. *rolls eyes* we had an xbox delivered once- they didnt leave us a note and take it to the post office like they should have, nope they dumped it on the front porch in clear view of the road and coz i wasnt expecting it yet and we didnt use the front door in our old place I didnt see it there for a day or so! Course the other problem is it might just take a while to get here... My parcel was sent monday and should have been here Tues, Wed at latest! I want my Bandai millennium falcon dammit! And were are my two Legos?! *sad impatient crippled Jedi*

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #1573 on: December 06, 2015, 04:19:58 AM »

Unrelated to shipping, I hate people who think that because they know one thing, they know everything.  I'm taking a break from the forum for a week or so before I say something that breaks the rules and I get in trouble for it.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Prowl 1701
Mentor of the Prophecy Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 830

We're all just dreams in the end...

« Reply #1574 on: December 06, 2015, 06:22:18 AM »

The mail lately seems to have hit an updating snag.  I have taken a break from sabers since no raffle seems coming for a bit and gotten back to working on my Transformers collection.  I have a couple things coming that haven't had any update on their tacking in a couple days, could just be the holiday season though.

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: