Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: The Catalyst  (Read 18398 times)
AerykGunn
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -27

Jetiise Kyramud

« on: June 27, 2011, 12:30:17 AM »

Greetings all, I would first like to say thank you Ultra and those with UltraSabers who work hard to make the works of art we buy from you Cheesy

This is my first saber, The Catalyst, and I have to say it is beautiful. It is made from aircraft aluminum and has a polycarbonate blade. The blade I chose is the UltraEdge blade, and I must say that that thing lights up VERY well. I got a blue LED with it, and it shows up VERY well, it is VERY bright. My two favorite things is the emitter is attached by a choke, which is perfect for holding and makes it easier to spin the blade around in your hand. The second thing is that the emitter has four.. prongs that give the Catalyst a nice distinction. Now, I got my Catalyst with the Obsidian Soundboard, and I must say I am very happy with it. It responds to swings very well, and sounds beautiful. I plan on doing some work on my Catalyst soon, but that will be posted (later) on the Customization forum Smiley And now... Pictures! To be honest I do not think the pictures do the brightness and equality of the blade justice..

First, the entire saber and blade. I hope you can see how bright that thing is. And this is in light too. The only time you can't see the LED's lights is in direct sunlight. Even if I'm in a tree's shadow it shows rather well.

Second is mostly just the hilt, you can see some of the blade and maybe better brightness.

Third is the blade, and hilt separated. The blade is REALLY easy to take out, though I am a bit paranoid about how deep I can put the screw in. Sometimes it seems wobbly and then I'll tighten it and it's fine, but looking at it it seems really... deep? I dunno.

This next picture you can see the "prongs" really well, and part of the choke.

This is the bottom of the saber, opened up so you can see the battery pack (holds 4 AAA batteries btw) with the built in speaker, and unfortunately it won't come out much farther but it's connected to the obsidian soundboard there. The wires always pull it back in, and I don't want to pull it any farther less I risk yanking wires. I just noticed you CAN see the USB port for the obsidian soundboard. So there you go Smiley and the speaker holes in the pommel, and reflector in the emitter.

And the last picture, this is the emitter and pommel removed, the choke unscrewed a bit, still holding the LED, and it all turned on. Now it looks like a really nice flashlight, but.. that's okay because that's what a lightsaber is without a blade. A very nice flashlight. At least what most people think..

And that's it. It's really easy to take off the emitter and pommel, the blade is wonderful and sturdy, and the color is bright and..well.. right Smiley It is blue and it shows. Thanks for reading! Oh and.. I'm a little weary doing a video, but if you guys want me to put one up let me know and maybe.. MAYBE I'll do one.. Smiley

Aeryk Gunn,
K'oyacyi!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 12:40:27 AM by AerykGunn » Logged

Sabers I have:            Sabers I want:
Catalyst-Blue              Dark War Glaive x2
Dark Initiate V2-Red    Raven
                                 Consular
                                 Dark Shock
                                 Prophecy LE
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 12:47:53 AM »

Really beautiful saber!  Enjoy it.  How is the volume from the Obsidian sound board?

AerykGunn
Knight Templar

Jetiise Kyramud

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 12:50:36 AM »

Thanks I will! Me personally I think it sounds very nice, high quality, decently loud. It's loud. But not too loud. My girlfriend thinks hers is a little quiet, but mine sounds great honestly Smiley

Consular
                                 Dark Shock
                                 Prophecy LE
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 02:48:35 AM »

Ahh... the catalyst.  I would own one, but every time I build up my funds Ultra comes out with a new saber that I have to get.  Maybe sometime I'll get one.  Until then I'll just stare at pics...

AerykGunn
Knight Templar

Jetiise Kyramud

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 04:02:58 AM »

Lol well enjoy Kaiden. Enjoy Smiley I enjoy it a lot and love the choke. It's a simple yet beautiful saber. I figured it was fitting for my first Jedi Saber.

Consular
                                 Dark Shock
                                 Prophecy LE
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Sith Lord Marus
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -21

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 04:05:14 AM »

I'd love to get this saber, however I would only wanna get it if it came with Quick Disconnect Tongue

Shock LE Consular Green
Dark Shock LE Blazing Red (Obsidian Soundboard)
Dark Standard Battle Staff Fire Orange

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 11:20:45 AM »

Ahh... the catalyst.  I would own one, but every time I build up my funds Ultra comes out with a new saber that I have to get.  Maybe sometime I'll get one.  Until then I'll just stare at pics...

Same here, I've been itching to get this saber for a while.  The choke point and awesome pronged emitter combined with its overall elegant look just calls to me...

Anyway, cool saber man enjoy it!

AerykGunn
Knight Templar

Jetiise Kyramud

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 05:44:40 PM »

Thanks I am! It is a lot of fun. Very easy to twirl and stuff. You guys should get one if you ever get the chance. And I think you'll be able to get quick disconnect when the custom division gets underway and stuff Smiley so yeah you should be able to get it.

Consular
                                 Dark Shock
                                 Prophecy LE
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Maslac
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -17

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 04:49:57 PM »

How does it balance out ?

All reviews i saw, all say "it's balanced well" but i would like to know, where the balance point is. Is it spot on the Chokepoint ?

Thanks

Anakin 2010 FX - blue (not converted yet)
Phantasm - 2x blazing red ; modified with claws (pics soon)
Consular - Blazing red/guardian blue ; modified with War glaive pommel

AerykGunn
Knight Templar

Jetiise Kyramud

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 08:03:47 PM »

Well well balanced to me is you can do a lot with it easily.. twirls and stuff. Yeah I hold mine at the choke point, if I want to twirl it one way, it doesn't go off balance or anything. I can spin it closer to my body then most other sabers I've used.

Consular
                                 Dark Shock
                                 Prophecy LE
Aliit ori'shya tal'din

Lord Ignasia
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -13

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2011, 03:31:58 PM »

Damn. Nice saber mate. I love the Catalyst. Wish I had Obsidian in mine. Enjoy that saber mate. She's a beauty.

Darth Andronikus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -31

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2011, 03:39:57 PM »

real nice saber man and good review now its got me thinking catalyst or car?

By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2011, 06:06:03 PM »

Very Nice My Brother Wink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you just need a Dark Catalyst to form some very Sexy Duality  Grin

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Lord Ignasia
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -13

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2011, 11:18:44 AM »

I like the way you think Wraith.

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2011, 04:31:15 PM »

I like the way you think Wraith.

Thank You (Bows........ "While Maintaining Eye Contact") Wink

I Like To Think I Have A Good Eye For Stunning Sexy Beautiful Saber Art  Wink

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: