Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: Ultrasabers Mantis  (Read 344530 times)
toxicninja78
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -9

« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2014, 07:38:17 AM »

No pics yet? Guess the Sith have to do EVERYTHING...lazy Jedi...lol XD
Anyway, here's my Dark Mantis, just got it tod...er...yesterday? Man, it's 2 AM already.

Here's a pic of it lit up.

With the blade in.

Me holding it.

And that same pic, run through Instagram because I thought it would look cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sabers wanted: Archon w/ sound in Agedan Silver/Sentinel Yellow FoC with silver illuminated AV switch, Chosen One w/ sound in Blazing Red/Fire Orange FoC, Consular w/ Emerald and sound with yellow illuminated AV switch
Parts wanted: Raven SS pommel, Dark War Glaive emitter (w/o claws)

Markus
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 38

« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2014, 08:06:06 AM »

This thing is one beast of a saber along with the Scorpion. Cheesy
How's the weight balance?
I suppose it "can" be wielded with one hand, or?

Catalyst w/sound, RGBA Emerald, silver AV (Always On), w/Kill-Key

T-Killaz
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2014, 03:57:13 PM »

I have 1 on order, might have to get another one tho.

Reaper With Sound - BR - Red AV Switch.
Phantom LE Initiate With Sound - VA - Silver AV Switch.
Scorpion With Sound - BR - Red AV Switch.
Initiate V2 LE - GB.
Initiate V3 - GB.
Mantis With Sound - BR - Red AV Switch.
Crimson Mantis - Emerald - Red AV Switch
Manticore CE - 2 Channel Emerald(July 2014 1st Place Raffle Winner)

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2014, 04:40:44 PM »

This thing is one beast of a saber along with the Scorpion. Cheesy
How's the weight balance?
I suppose it "can" be wielded with one hand, or?

It is kind of awkward to wield two-handed.  I can handle it one-handed and I think the best hand position at least for me, is right below the activation switch on the bare part if the main hilt.  The balance with a 32" regular UE blade was ight where the emitter meets the neck piece.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

toxicninja78
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2014, 05:35:50 PM »

It is kind of awkward to wield two-handed.  I can handle it one-handed and I think the best hand position at least for me, is right below the activation switch on the bare part if the main hilt.  The balance with a 32" regular UE blade was ight where the emitter meets the neck piece.

Yeah, that's what I'd advise. Two-handed can be done, it's not that awkward, but the design seems to be meant for weilding one-handed.

Sabers wanted: Archon w/ sound in Agedan Silver/Sentinel Yellow FoC with silver illuminated AV switch, Chosen One w/ sound in Blazing Red/Fire Orange FoC, Consular w/ Emerald and sound with yellow illuminated AV switch

UnfairBanana
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 26

I am a Jedi, like my father before me.

« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2014, 08:05:51 PM »

Let's see that thing disassembled!

Walk always towards the Light.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2014, 08:42:43 PM »

Let's see that thing disassembled!

Agreed! I want to see what's under the shroud, if it's easy to take off. Something tells me you might be buying two 'sabres in one...

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

toxicninja78
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2014, 08:55:59 PM »

Agreed! I want to see what's under the shroud, if it's easy to take off. Something tells me you might be buying two 'sabres in one...

The neck shroud covers a couple of holes. What their purpose it, I'm not sure. Too low for a blade retention screw, plus there's four of them. Easy enough to take off though, just unscrew the emitter and it comes right off.
As for the body shroud, I don't have the proper hex key to take off the covertec knob. Believe me, I would've taken it off if I could, I'm just as curious.

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #113 on: July 27, 2014, 10:17:25 PM »

I took of my covertech wheel and started twisting the shroud trying to take it off.  I noticed the battery pack was rotating along with it so I stopped and put it back the way it was.  I don't know if it supposed to come off or not, but I expect I will be leaving mine on. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2014, 10:45:52 PM »

Hey for curiosity sake could someone use a mantis and another normal saber and connect them and post a pic? I'm curious to see how it would look as a staff with one curved and one straight blade.

I know Darth Vaders' really got you annoyed, but remember if you kill him then you'll be unemployed.
Sabers I own:
Stunt- Standard issue - SRD
Obsidian- Dark prophecy - FO
Obsidian A+G Emerald- Consular w/ mantis clawed emitter (1st place)
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR
Obsidian- Dark Liberator CG (3rd place)
Obsidian RGBW Emerald- Spectre
Kids'- Initiate v3 - CG / Dark initiate v3 - AB / Initiate LEv4 GB

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2014, 01:18:29 AM »

Hey for curiosity sake could someone use a mantis and another normal saber and connect them and post a pic? I'm curious to see how it would look as a staff with one curved and one straight blade.

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #116 on: July 28, 2014, 01:31:25 AM »

Now that looks interesting. How does that setup feel to weild?

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2014, 01:37:57 AM »

Now that looks interesting. How does that setup feel to weild?

It's not too bad, it is heavy though.  Unless you have strong arms I would not recommend it with heavy grade blades.  And the pommel end of the Mantis is thicker than the Aeon so the flush coupler isn't flush, you need to watch you grip or your hand might catch on the end of the Mantis.  It isn't really something I would want to wield.    

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2014, 02:03:34 AM »

Awesome. Thanks for doing that. My next two sabers I want are a guardian and mantis but a staff could be fun and I wasn't sure how it would work out to mix the mantis with a straight blade.  It looks neat though. It also seems like one of those designs that if you were to master something like that it would be difficult for someone to combat against, similar in thought to going up against most staff users or light whips etc.

I know Darth Vaders' really got you annoyed, but remember if you kill him then you'll be unemployed.
Sabers I own:
Stunt- Standard issue - SRD
Obsidian- Dark prophecy - FO
Obsidian A+G Emerald- Consular w/ mantis clawed emitter (1st place)
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR
Obsidian- Dark Liberator CG (3rd place)
Obsidian RGBW Emerald- Spectre
Kids'- Initiate v3 - CG / Dark initiate v3 - AB / Initiate LEv4 GB

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #119 on: July 28, 2014, 03:11:49 AM »

With Adjustable Coupler

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com