Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Daniel Anterons guide to using Lee filters... every color of the rainbow.  (Read 8815 times)
Daniel Anteron
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 160

No one makes a victim of those I care about.

« on: November 08, 2012, 12:23:14 PM »

Hey there everyone I finally got around to purchasing an Adegan Silver MLS for my Consular. Because of this I have decided to start a thread for those that are curious about using filters. First things first you need to get your filters.

http://www.shop.leefiltersusa.com/Swatch-Book-Designers-Edition-SWB.htm

Now once you get yours its time to decide on what colors to use. I've decided I want to really fine tune my options so I have a very very large selection I will be trying out. Cheesy

As you can see I just cut them out. One of the many wonderful things about Lee Filters is you have lots of colors to choose from. To get the filters to fit I just take my emitter off and trace around the bottom of it on the filter. This ensures the piece will be large enough that it will completely cover the LED. That's pretty much it for now. Once the AS MLS arrives I plan on taking a picture of the saber with every single filter so you all can see the different shades.

One thing to note is that since these are filters they will dim the brightness of your blade. This doesn't bother me since US sabers are already so bright. Stay tuned for the actual update when I test all these colors out for you guys. And if any of the mods wish to move this topic or possibly sticky it so new individuals can learn what these filters are, and what they can do. Please feel free to do so. Grin

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 01:24:55 PM »

I'm excited to see what colors you achieve! I freaking love Lee filters. Definitely one of the best things about AS!

DarthSolus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -74

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 02:05:07 PM »

Really nice idea for a sticky post. Props for attempting to take pics with every single filter, that'll be a lot of work!

I look forward to seeing what you manage to come up with!

Dark side points, please and thank you!

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 02:22:59 PM »

This is going to be amazing!!!!

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Daniel Anteron
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 07:50:04 PM »

Thanks guys! Every now and then we always have a new person that comes around asking about them so I figured I would take the time to explain just what they are and where to get them. Then I decided I would take the time to show the wide range of colors one can achieve with them.

Daniel Anteron
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 10:58:25 AM »

One thing to note is that these filters will work on any color. For example taking my PO MLS and adding a light red filter gives me this.

It's hard to tell but in person it looks very much like this only slightly more red.

Also AB can get some really fantastic colors out of it.

As nice kind of lime green.

However, this is my current favorite color I've come up with.

I would imagine it's very similar to Nero's Emerald green saber. Really that picture doesn't do it justice. It looks more like this.

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 05:47:37 PM »

That is very much an Emerald Green! Smiley

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 05:49:07 PM »

That is very much an Emerald Green! Smiley

It looks just like your Avatar. Cheesy

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 07:39:13 PM »

I cut mine out by tracing around the blade. I will just be using the standard US colors and some special colors for tomorrow. =] Lime green being my main color and favorite.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 09:36:38 PM »

It looks just like your Avatar. Cheesy

Which is what I would imagine the true color to look like! Mine's very cyan in person because I have Li-ions and Silver FoC. I recently put a Dark Green Lee in it though, which made it a perfect Emerald Green! Even more, the FoC is like Consular Green! It's awesome haha. Anyway, I think EG is best in a stunt saber with either Alkaline or NiMH batteries. Hopefully this wasn't too off topic, but I think my mention of a Lee filter justifies it.  Wink

Daniel Anteron
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 10:39:48 PM »

Sounds good Zen post some pics of it.! Smiley

Which is what I would imagine the true color to look like! Mine's very cyan in person because I have Li-ions and Silver FoC. I recently put a Dark Green Lee in it though, which made it a perfect Emerald Green! Even more, the FoC is like Consular Green! It's awesome haha. Anyway, I think EG is best in a stunt saber with either Alkaline or NiMH batteries. Hopefully this wasn't too off topic, but I think my mention of a Lee filter justifies it.  Wink

Glad you were able to fine tune your color. I honestly love this color. It looks amazing, and it's still insanely bright. I'll post a pic tonight of it in a brightly lit room. Unless if I'm holding it directly next to a light bulb its still super bright!

PeDDeR27
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 10

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes.." Light Side Pts

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 11:09:12 PM »

I can't wait to get my LEE Filters in the mail. Ordered them last night.  Grin

Dark Initiate LE v2 - VA (x2 for Staff)
Initiate v2 - GB/AS & LEE Filters
Dark Initiate LE v3 - SRD - UE Blade - Obsidian 2.1 - AS FoC
Dark Initiate LE v3 - CG/EG/Rebel Star Bin 1 Cyan/Rebel Star Bin 2 Cyan
Dark Liberator v3 - SRD
Dark Prophecy v3 - AB
Bellicose - BR

Daniel Anteron
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2012, 11:19:51 PM »

I can't wait to get my LEE Filters in the mail. Ordered them last night.  Grin

Woot! I think you'll really enjoy them. Can't wait to see your pics of them. Smiley

Btw for anyone that's curious these pictures were taken using a standard mid grade blade.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 11:27:56 PM by Daniel Anteron » Logged

Darth Fredoh
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -18

Peace is a lie, there is only passion

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 09:55:35 AM »

Don't know why but i'm dying to see how to black and brown filters will come in :*

BR Prophecy V3 w/obsidian

Darkside points if you willing to

Consular Christovski
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 10:20:45 PM »

Yup I gotta say, as Daniel said the filters do work on colors other than the silver, I used some Gamcolor filters I had around to alter my consular green to be more how I picture green, used a light yellow filter to bring it closer to the middle of the green spectrum, as I felt consular green leaned a bit towards blue.  Just have to be careful to use a color filter that isnt too saturated that it makes your blade dim.

A paragon and true believer in the powers of good...

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: