Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: ‘Assassin’s Creed 4′ Actor Lands Title Role in NBC’s ‘Constantine’  (Read 657 times)
Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« on: February 22, 2014, 03:35:12 PM »

Comic book characters – particularly superheroes – have dominated the box office for the past decade. Now the halftone heroes are poised for a television takeover as well, with hit series Arrow, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and The Walking Dead already on the airwaves, and The Flash, Gotham and Constantine soon to follow. (Not to mention that original programming deal between Marvel and Netflix.)

Developments surrounding these new series have been coming swiftly. Constantine, for instance, has been steadily adding to its creative team since NBC first announced they were developing a show based on the DC Comics character. But most importantly, it was revealed that this version of the character would stick closer to its source material and feature a blond and British John Constantine as opposed to a dark-haired American (a la the 2005 film featuring Keanu Reeves). Now we know who’s been cast in the role.

According to Deadline, it’s little known actor Matt Ryan (Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior). Along with Ryan’s casting, this news has provided us with a more defined character description for NBC’s John Constantine. Read it below:

“[A] working-class Londoner with rakish good looks, scruffy blond hair, deadpan humor, and signature trench coat, who has been studying the dark arts since he was a teenager.”

Ryan wasn’t a name included on our list of actors who could play Constantine, but he’s hardly a case of miscasting. And, okay, so he’s not naturally blond or from London, but it’s already more accurate to the source material than Keanu was. His largest role to date has been on the Criminal Minds spinoff, but to the gaming crowd, Ryan will be more familiar as the voice of protagonist Edward Kenway in Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag.

Combine the detective work of a procedural drama with the intensity and action of a pirate on the high seas, throw in some horror and a touch of the supernatural and you can see where Ryan’s casting could come from. Besides, starting with a less established actor is a good step toward giving Constantine a fresh start – something this series will need if it wants to separate itself from the previous cinematic iteration.

With Ryan finalizing his deal to star, NBC’s Constantine pilot is beginning to take shape. Are you pleased with the direction it’s taking? What do you make of Ryan as their choice for the supernatural sleuth? Let us know in the comments below!

Constantine is currently in development and will air on NBC.

Sauce: http://screenrant.com/constantine-tv-show-actor-matt-ryan/

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

INSANEcyborg
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 03:53:36 PM »

I'm not usually a big fan of comic to tv adaptations, but this looks fairly interesting. I read some of the early issues of hell blazer a few years ago when I was 15 and enjoyed them quite a bit.
Plus I liked Ryan's performance in assassin creed 4, one of the best in the series. Physically he looks fairly similar to Constantine as well.
If it ever finds it's way over to the uk, I'm sure I'll check it out.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 04:51:25 PM »

I am looking forward to this, TV could use a kick in the eggs!

Light side points please Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: