Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Which suits your personality more?  (Read 3553 times)
Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« on: August 24, 2013, 05:26:12 PM »

The idea here is to take the personality quiz beyond the cryptic and veiled questions.

We will pick a setting, say Post Apoc Earth, and provide a series of this or that until the topic gets stale then change it.

But rather than explore just the archetypes let us also consider the setting, the technology, the threats, the environments, etc.

I will start it off with a a pair of three choices...answer which of these suits you more and then potentially offer another comparative thought in the same vein  Smiley

Post Apoc Earth...(pic one from each grouping)

The Settings

or

or

Badguys

or

or

« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 05:31:18 PM by Jedi Relmeob » Logged

Light side points please Smiley

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 06:48:37 PM »

Post Apoc Earth...(pic one from each grouping)

The Settings

Badguys

The Water World setting...more water than is realistic...has always appealed to me...I like the idea of something like the portals opening up to the past as per the Primeval TV series, letting in more water directly from the past along with the flora and fauna that gets pulled through the drain.

So primitive sharks and plated fish, large weird armored squids, etc.

Most land has been drowned and is represented by millions of islands and rocky outcroppings.

Massive patches of thick floating seaweed creating layered mats of living land mass.

The beastmen...always had a soft spot for these guys...zombies are way too depressing...the idea of roving cannibalistic gangs of humans is sad...rather a Moreauvian situation with a portion of the population genetically modified into bestial hybrids.

With the mermen...more seal then fish...being the real threat to sailors.

If hot air ballooning was an option then I would take it...avoid the majority of the monsters.

Smiley

Well that would be what I take away from the options above.  Want to join me or would you go a different direction?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 06:53:07 PM by Jedi Relmeob » Logged

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 07:23:22 PM »

I'd have to disagree and go my own route. For the setting, I would go with the run down city. Plenty of supplies to be raided, lots of hiding places, and potentially a safe spot to hole up.

As for my enemy, I'd rather the tribal folks over the zombies or beast hybrids. I know how to fight people, and that's all they are.

As for my offering to the basis. Weapons in which to defend yourself. There's always that need in these Post Apoc areas. Guns, I'd assume are frowned upon due to the ease one could use them so for the sake of that, let's assume they are all damaged beyond repair/recognition.

I offer you these three choices.

Ranged weapon and quiet, so you can take apart your rivals at a distance silently. The only thing is... Just how many arrows do you think a person can carry?

A sword offers, where the bow and arrow does not, the lack of needing ammunition to use. As long as you have the stamina to fight, you can use the sword constantly.

The disadvantage here is obvious. In order to effectively use the sword, one must allow their attacker, or in the case of our choice in enemy, attackers get close which gives you a much higher chance of being surrounded.

Finally, choice number three

The booby trap allows one to be a lot more creative depending on the location they choose. Using anything you find, and the limits of only your abilities and imagination, the booby trap allows one to lead their unsuspecting victim enemy into a horrible trap without having to expose themselves to possible injury or worse.

The big disadvantage here is well... You have to hope that your enemy walks in just the right place or you have the perfect timing to ensnare them with your traps.

Given the choices I made, I'll go with the traps as my weapon of choice.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 07:51:19 PM »

Thanks for playing along!

The idea of the options is more of a broad stroke sort of thing...my fault for not making that more clear.

So taking your thoughts...

Post Apoc Common Weapons

Makeshift Melee Weapons...the found items and materials that are modified or used as is for weapons of opportunity

or

Tribal Themed Weapons...made of wood, stone, bone, antler, etc.

or

Modern Weapons...blades, knives, etc. of a manufactured variety

As for the choices of the settings and bad guys...I would most likely avoid the cities because of the potential for diseases and latent illnesses, the bodies, the sanitation related filth, and because that is where most would try to hold out...making it a warzone in the short term and a nightmare in the long run...now a dried up ruin, allowed to sit and get dusty, that would be worth looking through.

The bad guys...I am tired of zombies and the idea that everyone would be a zombie upon the bite or non-head death is depressing.

The random human cannibals...another depressing thought...lord of the flies...men behaving like animals...I would rather face the animals than other people...easier on the soul in the long run.

But that is why we have options...I like the stories that could develop from combining choices.

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 08:30:21 PM »

I see where you're going with this now. In that case, I'll take the makeshift option. Like my booby trap idea, you're only limited to your ability and imagination.

I can't think of options to contribute at the moment, but I'm sure I'll hit gold on something soon.

I really like where you're going with this.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

GrumpyBadger
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 34

if I earn any, lightside points if you please

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 10:13:32 PM »

I'll play along.

Desert for the location:
I know how to survive there

Enemy:
tribal humans. 
One, the girls in that pic are HAWT!  Grin Roll Eyes
Two, as an anthropologist, I may be able to learn from them - and correlate and help one another out... or the other side of me, correlate, learn their movements, actions and driven ambitions all the more easier to take them out when I'm able and how to hide from them when I'm not.

weapons:
tribal definitely
everything used in those weapons has been given to us on this Earth or wherever we are and they work.  Plain and simple.  that and I'll probably be able to figure out how to make them from the "tribal humans" I'm fighting against.  usually escalation happens when one side has too much of an offensive advantage too, by both of us having the same weapons.  I just have to worry about me.

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 11:13:04 PM »

Good times!

I prefer the Tribal Weapons also...seems more, logical being tool building folk  Smiley

And that hawt girl is an insane sadistic cannibal...so good luck with that lol.

***** (new topic) *****

Superhero City!

Basic comicbook setting with some superpowered types in the world...remember broad strokes...not that you want to be superman...wide sweeping thoughts!

I will offer the first set of three.

The Reason...the reason that powers exist!

Super-Science...serums, cybernetics, omicron rays, etc.  lots of super agents and organizations

or

Magic, Mystery, and Mayhem...supernatural, spiritualists, beyond the veil, perhaps a touch of Lovecraft, etc.  working to keep the outer forces from creeping in

or

It's all in the DNA...aliens, mutants, hybrids, etc. powers by the bucket load but anyone can see the difference (not so much the pretty boys and girls of the pic), humanity and them

« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 11:19:16 PM by Jedi Relmeob » Logged

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 11:18:13 PM »

I tend to favor anything that goes down a Lovecraftian road...so this one would be for me.

GrumpyBadger
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 34

if I earn any, lightside points if you please

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 07:41:23 AM »

dude,
right up my alley Cheesy

crime noir, investigations, and the supernatural!?

count me in that one all the way!  Cool

wait... maybe that's why Kiyo is a Jedi Investigator/Shadow lol  Shocked

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: