Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark initiate v3 blazing red  (Read 2681 times)
Holt
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -24

« on: January 10, 2012, 11:31:23 AM »

Hello!

Guys, let me first start with my questions yesterday. My first impression was alittle disappointing but I quickly realized that I was too quick on the trigger and I had to charge the batteries. I did not know they came flat. The saber was like ''No batteriz Aziz''  and I was like what!!? lol. I thougth to myself, what was all the fuzz about with these thing? lol. It had a weak sound and a weak brightness. hm?  Undecided

I slapped the batteries in the charger and when they were done I again turned on my saber and to my surprise the sound was maby 5 times louder! I was like yeah!!! the brightness had gone up a few notches as well but to be honest I would like it even brighter and not for showing it of in the evening because then it really is AWESOME!! really! but I would like it little bit brighter during daytime as well. Correct me if I am wrong here but I think I read about the FoC option gives a 10w LED? ( can anyone confirm?) but still without the 10w FoC it is pretty bright but still alittle bit more would be nice Smiley

I tested the brigntess during daytime with it laying on the kitchen floor and have pure daylight shining on it (no sun) and on camera it looks pretty good but I would like it brigther to the eye! but still it is cool!

and another one still during the day but not right under the window.

Sound? 9/10 ( could be louder but still VERY cool!! ) ( then again, I know it is an initiate and the there maby is not enough residence? we'll see on my next)

Sensitivity? 9.5/10 ( Love the sounds and clashes! )

Brightness? 7/10

Craftmanship? 10/10!

Extra parts? Pommel and claws -10/10 ( VERY nice work!!)

Blade? very cool! 8.5/10 ( I say 8.5 cuz IMO the tip stands out too much from the rest and does not blend in with the blade. Would love to see a better made tip one day!

Spinning? 10/10 ( Very easy to handle! )

Customer service 10/10

shipping and handling? 10/10

You will also notice I got the clean Raven pommel and 2 short Raven claws. I am not trying to make it look like a Raven but more like Old republic Sithy saber, if I keep it there will be more custom parts on it. ( the claws are not mounted on the emitter )

So, I AM thinking about sending it back for a refund and get the FoC balde IF it gives a 10w LED and the flashes is just SO cool!!!! But as of now? I am a pretty happy customer!! so we will see  Smiley

Btw, I have to give my opinion on something. The first thing I noticed when first lurking here and seeing all the cool sabers posted was the button on the hilt. It is the same on every saber. IMO it would be cool to have a different ignition button on the unique sabers. Maby not the cheaper ones in price but maby like saber that are of higher quality? Bellicose / Bane / Overlord. etc. THAT would be nice!! but NO biggie at all if it is the same on all, Just thought I could give my opinion on it thats all.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 11:34:29 AM by Holt » Logged

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 12:26:40 PM »

Great review and excellent questions.  I can confirm that FoC enabled sabers come with a 10w LED, however Red is the dimmest color of them all! This may be why you are so disappointed in the daytime color.  Also, Red is in the same part of the spectrum as regular light (both artificial incandescent and sunlight) which makes the red seem even dimmer than dim.  Point of Fact - red is dim.  Sorry!  If you are really interested in exchanging it you should send Deep an email pronto at [email protected].

Cheers.

Holt
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 01:55:08 PM »

That is great! thank you!

So, after green or blue, (which is more of a ''neon color'' and would be brighter then red) would you recommend for a bright color? I have seen 'sith color' sabers from TOR in purple and yellow (?) but are those colors bright bright? And like I said yesterday in the other thread, I see now that the US Blazing red is indeed much much brighter then the MR, but then again to me the MR blue is kinda sharper not brighter but sharper to the eyes and that is what I am after.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 02:00:38 PM by Holt » Logged

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 03:52:00 PM »

"You're gonig to find that many of the truths of life are dependent on your point of view."  Thank you Obi-wan.

In my opinion (and I've seen/held/own every color Ultrasabers offers) Blue (Both Arctic and Guardian) and Green are the two brightest colors.  This probably has to do with where they are in the color spectrum, but then again my eyes see my world, not yours!  Best advice: Get a saber with quick disconnect and try the colors out for yourself!

Things to realize: depending on the resistors on an LED and the power source you can make a saber brighter or dimmer.  THIS IS NOT FOR THE UNINITIATED IN ELECTRONICS.  Ultrasabers makes the LEDs so that they will last for you.  Don't play with them.  Just understand that things can always be "brighter."

Cheers.

Holt
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 04:23:28 PM »

Thank you. I feel your drift, I understand.

maby I went for the wrong color for brightness but I so dig the red. I read up on that 10w is super bright, now this was on another forum and I really was feeling the urge to get a saber that was listed with a 10w LED but I think it was about 1200 bucks for it! yikes!! but a few minutes after this I read up on that US do a 10w too and I was like please someone confirm this. I really hope the US 10w is brighter then the one I have now, dont get me wrong, it IS bright and especially during nighttime, then I feel the wow factor for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but like I said above, alittle brightness during day would be really cool to. the factor I get now at daytime looks like the tube is just a red tube on a hilt and just around the emitter it flashes bright. still very cool look tho and I AM very pleased! but but but...... Tongue

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 04:27:48 PM »

I think you have achieved what you were going for.

It definitely reminds me of Malgus' saber.

Here is point for showing me something I haven't seen. Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Holt
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 04:33:55 PM »

lol. I was inspired by Malgus' two claws yes!  Grin

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 06:06:09 PM »

You can't really compete with the sun, Holt.

I mean, Li-ion cells in the saber - fusion in the sun.  MAV is right, as blue and green fall closest to the center of the visible light spectrum, while violet and red are on the end and start, respectively.

But in seriousness - the saber looks good.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Holt
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 06:38:14 PM »

really? I cant? lol.

nah, I agree, the saber does look good! I totally agree, I just miss alittle sharpness thats al. I guess I will try the blue or green. Grin

Thanks for all the help guys! I appreciate you helping out a saber newbie!

Holt
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 03:10:52 AM »

Guys!

a question to those in the know,

how long does actually the batteries last?

I turned it on and had it on for like about 8 minutes and the sound all of a sudden went slooooooooooooooooooooooow.

How long can one actually duel with these if the batteries don't last that long?

when I charged the batteries yesterday I pulled them out the minute they went green. are they suppose to sit longer after they tunr green?

Jenny
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 56

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 03:55:32 AM »

Warning! Technical stuff follows!

The measure of brightness is the lumen.  For an average day, in summertime, in North America, the perceived sunlight is about 10,000 lumens per square foot. The Engin 10W LED (and I do not know if this is the specific LED used in US' brightest sabres; it is only a means of comparison!) is rated, for the red color, at 445 lumens when wired for maximum brightness.  The green is rated at 600 lumens, and the cool white at 850 lumens.

Purusing the stats for other LEDs gives similar relations between colors.  A red sabre is never going to be as bright as a green one, just by the physics of light.  Even if you got that cool white, and stuck a red filter on it, you'd be cutting back down to about the listed values for the red direct color LED.

If you want a brighter red sabre, you're probably going to have to get involved in hardware hacking, and make yourself a multiple-led mount.

Darth Morsus
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 05:08:30 AM »

Awesome Saber! How did you attach the claws?

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2012, 03:44:58 PM »

Nice saber. Nice and Sith like. =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: