Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Author Topic: Prophecy Adegan Silver Review + Lee Filters!  (Read 30097 times)
Consular Christovski
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2012, 04:14:21 AM »

Cool thanks, I'll try cutting mine up and see what I can get Grin

A paragon and true believer in the powers of good...

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2012, 06:20:56 AM »

I know this is an old topic of yours but I love the Dark Green Lee Filter. Its currently in my AS Aeon V3 saber. =] It'll be my main color for costuming and such. Try the Dark Green yourself. its a sick color.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2012, 08:16:05 PM »

I know this is an old topic of yours but I love the Dark Green Lee Filter. Its currently in my AS Aeon V3 saber. =] It'll be my main color for costuming and such. Try the Dark Green yourself. its a sick color.

I know what I'm doing after work tonight!  Wink

KARNAG
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2014, 09:22:45 AM »

A little off-topic: tell me please, how long works your liberator with fully charged batteries? Mine near 2 hours.

ichibanjedi
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 9

For knowledge & defense only, never for attack

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2014, 05:35:34 PM »

Cool thanks, I'll try cutting mine up and see what I can get Grin
I found that a die cutter of 3/4" makes an excellent choice for stamping out a perfect circle from the swatch book.  I've been using Rosco, but I'm looking forward to trying the Lee's.  You'll find the die cut makes quick work of cutting your color circle...a couole hits with a hammer & you have your filter.  It also makes it easy to get multiple cuts out of the same swatch.  Good luck!

It's an energy field created by all living things.  It surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together.  And I need those light side points!!!
Sabers I own:
Azure Reaper
Nickle Monarch
Overlord
Crimson Scorpion
Dark Initiate
Prophecy
Dominix
Dark Apprentice LE V4
Dark Mantis

ichibanjedi
Knight Officer

For knowledge & defense only, never for attack

« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2014, 11:01:17 PM »

http://www.shop.leefiltersusa.com/Swatch-Book-Designers-Edition-SWB.htm

For some reason they don't give them our for free anymore.  Undecided

Thank you!  I just ordered a swatchbook at this link for .01 plus shipping with their coupon code.  $5.80 for a swatchbook full of colors for my adegan silver Nickle Monarch is a steal!  Again, thank you for the link!!  I'll let you know how the new filters work out.

It's an energy field created by all living things.  It surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together.  And I need those light side points!!!
Sabers I own:
Azure Reaper
Nickle Monarch
Overlord
Crimson Scorpion
Dark Initiate
Prophecy
Dominix
Dark Apprentice LE V4
Dark Mantis

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2014, 04:25:39 PM »

OK, this has finally helped to settle my mind.  I've been debating emerald driver vs AS+filters for a while.  An agonizing debate, since getting the Emerald driver would almost certainly have meant no Obsidian or lit AV switch due to $$$ constraints.

This settles my mind, that I can get the flexibility I want in color (if not realization) and still get the look and sound I want in my single-hilt saber.

Thank you for the excellent review!  Point.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Gilbert
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -63

Sith! Sith! Yeth?

« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2016, 04:19:49 AM »

Has anyone tried putting a filter in with a solid color saber? Like you have a red LED and you put in a yellow filter for orange?

Edit: Yes, I see they have
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 04:23:18 AM by Gilbert » Logged

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2016, 04:15:30 PM »

Has anyone tried putting a filter in with a solid color saber? Like you have a red LED and you put in a yellow filter for orange?

Edit: Yes, I see they have

Decided to answer for general informational purposes...  I've done a little filtering of colored LEDs, mainly turning SY into oranges or cyans.  The thing to remember with filtering is that you're removing lightwaves with a filter, and only letting through what the filter will pass.  SO if you have a solid basic color like green, blue or red you're not going to do much of anything with a filter ohter than block blue, which will just darken your blade as you'll be blocking most or nearly all of the available light.  On a mixed color you can do more, but be mindful of what your mixed base colors are, as you will have the most success when you block one color to get more of the other.  Turning VA into deep purple, for example, or more of a red color.

Theoretically you should be able to do the most with white light, as it has ALL of the component colors contained within, but with every filter you're blocking light, so the more you block the dimmer the blade.  Taking white to any "deep" color like blue or red or green blocks most of the actual available light and really dims the blade.  Colors like yellow are made up of a lot more of the total "bandwidth" of color and so they don't dim as much.  Filtering blue or green or red is pretty much a lost cause.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2016, 04:22:24 PM »

Its funny how this keeps getting replies. I need me a new Lee book and a new Adegan Silver blade. Have you ever tried 2 filters before? Makes for an even nice richer color =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2016, 04:27:46 PM »

I have doubled-up on a very light purple to make my own version of VA, which turned out ... ok.  I like the VA LEDs and I can't get the same intensity.  :-)

I may try again, I would like to duplicate my SRD blade...

Joshualee9871
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2016, 04:42:08 PM »

I'm following Karmack around. Not really but I was subscribed to this thread. :p

To Tag off of Karmack. Apollo filters offers a free swatchbook. Completely free. You don't even pay shipping. They're pretty good quality and you can get two filters out of each. You can get one free book per email address. It's their way of trying to hook you on their filters. They pay shipping and send it to you (can take a few weeks). Although the Lee filters may be a bit better, those end up being $7 of shipping for me with the $.01 for the book itself. I find the Apollo filters to be decent quality (though I don't have Lee filters to compare it to, and don't yet have a saber. [getting there in a few days]). You can't go wrong with completely free. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2016, 07:42:31 PM »

Hmm.    Looks like I need to get an Apollo filter book.  Time for some more comparisons!  :-)  Thanks!  And free is definitely good!

DarthDradeus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -64

With a title like Darth....dark side points please

« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2016, 10:58:26 PM »

Very nice review. The Prophecy v3 is a beautiful hilt and I think it looks stunning in Adegan Silver. AS is such an awesome color and I look forward to getting a saber with it. I also appreciate all the effort you put into showing the different filters and the color combos!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: