Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Bellicose With Obsidian!  (Read 21899 times)
LordToh
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 09:40:11 AM »

That's a great saber man! Congratulations!

It looks huge though! I was thinking of getting a bellicose, but can I ask you one thing? How does it compare grip and handling-wise against your Dominix? My hands are probably much smaller than yours, so I'd love to know which you prefer spinning and if you could give me advice on this.

Enjoy your great saber dude!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 01:01:37 PM »

@NinjaJesus. Glad I could help.

@Toh. The Bellicose really isn't that big in person like I said. Its great to wield and for spinning practice. Nice solid hilt. I will post a video later for you.

And about the sound settings, I kinda like how they are right now. I don't really like the clashes to go off at the same time as you're swinging the saber. So I made it as movie realistic as possible. I didn't go for FOC because I wanted a solid blade anyway. I can always get FOC on my next saber if money allows it. Though if the next few new sabers looks good it'll be for my bro, might get my wife the Monarch, Consulger Green, same blade as me, Obsidian with non illuminated silver av switch, nickle plating, li-ions with resistor set up. I also did the resistor set up to save on money. Plus it works just as good as having the BuckPuck option anyway. I should send my video in for the rewards points. Though would I still have to use money to use the rewards points or since its so much can you just pick anything? If so I might go for a Grab Bag just to see if I get a Bane V1. Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

DarthSolus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -74

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2012, 02:26:10 PM »

Yeah.... there actually IS quite a difference between the Buckpuck and resistor setups. I own sabers with both.

And 300 reward points equates to about $15, so yes you will have to spend some extra money to get a grab bag.
See Ultra's info on the subject here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=180.0

Congrats on your saber though, it's been a long time coming.

Dark side points, please and thank you!

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2012, 02:31:15 PM »

Nice saber and good review.

dark side points please

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2012, 05:21:54 PM »

Here you go Toh. Hope it helps. =]

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHaSYkAEs4g" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHaSYkAEs4g</a>

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2012, 08:05:38 PM »

Just some random pics I wanted to share. I'm the patriotic Jedi. Tongue Lovin my Bellicose. So glad I decided to get the Bellicose. Also my mom said that royal blue and clear gems would look badass on my saber. What do you guys think? I'm getting the stuff tomorrow. =]

Jedi pose:

Trying to be like Anakin Skywalker when he fought Count Dooku in Star Wars Episode II. Bring it on Sith!:

Guardian Xentai Kaarz
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 20

Knights of the Lost Republic

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2012, 08:57:21 PM »

Congradulations, Zren.  I know it's a wonderful feeling finaly getting that saber with sound.  I also ordered the bellicose... im starting to feel like i should have ordered it in blue Cheesy
Have fun,
             Xentai

GB Aeon v3 LE
BH Obsidian Bellicose
LIGHTSIDE POINTS!!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2012, 09:30:32 PM »

Awesome pics man.  I have Artorius's Bellicose this week (we did a temporary swap) so I get to play with it as well.  It's a great hilt!  His is Arctic Blue, which is cool to me because I don't have any sabers in that color.  Guardian Blue is great too though!

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 153

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 02:18:37 AM »

Congratulations again on your dream saber! looks beautiful

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 05:12:20 AM »

The only thing that could be better is the battery holder. I always gotta take like an allen wrench to pry the batteries out. Same with my stunt sabers.

Akos_Amun
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 129

I am the Hidden One, the White Falcon

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2012, 07:44:54 AM »

wrap the middles of the batteries with some tape but make sure there's just enough so that the ends come together and make a tab so you can grab it and then you can pull the batteries out easier.

[‾๐‾‾]▦[ooo]▦ị[]ị /RGB Prophecy CE
[))___(___o)_|:)):]GB Liberator V2
((__((>_o_)>(_(_(_(_|_)_)_)_)<(_o_<))__))BR Phantom LE V3
[=[[[[[[[_(_o_( (o(( (\∟[PO][VA][DVA][SRD][SY] Bellicose*
[_(_(_(_(_[_o_]((([__]GB Aeon LE
( ]>|:|:|<( o )|]:[||GB Monarch CE*
*sound
http://chancesofrain.blogspot.c

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2012, 02:00:18 PM »

No the battery pack slides out of the saber fine. Its just getting the batteries themselves out of the pack is a pain.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2012, 02:10:54 PM »

No the battery pack slides out of the saber fine. Its just getting the batteries themselves out of the pack is a pain.

Yeah that's what he was talking about.  Wrapping the individual Li-ion cells with tape will give you something to pull in order to get them out.

Actually Artorius uses a guitar pick to get them out, just slips it along the side of the cell.  Give that a try!

LordToh
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2012, 02:18:27 PM »

Thank a lot for that video brother! I really appreciate it, and that was indeed very helpful. It is indeed an awesome hilt, I'm still slightly confused on whether I should get this or the Phantasm Initiate staff.

Point for you buddy Smiley
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 02:29:08 PM by LordToh » Logged

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2012, 04:47:55 PM »

Thanks Toh. And just a random training video I just did. =] Most of the sounds are stock Obsidian. Wanted my saber to sound more classic for this video. But other times I will be using more newer age fonts. Would it be weird if I used some Sister Of Shadows fonts? I know they are female based but I really like the power on, off. I can make it sound Jedi sounding if done right.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXT1lWFjAzI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXT1lWFjAzI</a>

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: