Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Raffle Prize  (Read 902 times)
MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 603

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« on: May 09, 2023, 09:04:59 PM »

So as I mentioned in my Dorinian review, that got me in the spring raffle. I won a 4th place prize and it turned out to be a Dark Sentinel LE V5 in Artic blue. 
Lets start with the good stuff. I like the grip and the black and silver color combo of the hilt. And the fact that the AV switch is standard is great and I do like Artic blue as a color.
This part is just personal preference so not a complaint per say after all this was a FREE saber. That being said this not a saber or color combo that I would have picked. Because I prefer that a saber with dark in the name to have a dark side color like red or orange and not a Jedi color ( blue, green etc.). Again Personal preference. I also prefer the Sentinel V4 (which I do have) over the V5 because of the windows.
Which is the only real complaint that I have with this saber. The cut out of the saber where the windows are was Sharp! I had to use a file on the edges so not to cut my hand. So that is only the negative.
That said if you grip below the windows, around the switch it is much better than up on the windows. I added a blue thumb screw to it also.
 Over all I'm pleased with the saber. I was hoping for a hilt that I didn't have and that's what I got. So Thank You Ultra Sabers for the FREE saber!
Now the pics, which is what we all want to see!!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/s & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/s an silver foc
 Archon CG w/s an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/s an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite s and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/s an silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Free)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (Raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (free)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Sound in my Guardian, Dark Prophecy BR

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2023, 12:12:54 PM »

Nice looking saber and great review.

I have a couple of those, one I purchased and another from a raffle prize. I also have an Apprentice LE V5, and I have the same complaint on the Sentinel and Apprentice, those window cuts aren't nice on the hands. The V4s are so much smoother. The V5 sabers (the whole line) LOOK great, but they're all so much rougher on the hands than the V4 line.

ANoob
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2023, 08:35:00 PM »

Nice looking saber and great review.

I have a couple of those, one I purchased and another from a raffle prize. I also have an Apprentice LE V5, and I have the same complaint on the Sentinel and Apprentice, those window cuts aren't nice on the hands. The V4s are so much smoother. The V5 sabers (the whole line) LOOK great, but they're all so much rougher on the hands than the V4 line.

Agreed! I have that same problem with mine. Very uncomfortable in the hands. The windows get caught on everything.  Really wish I got a v3 instead. I don’t like windows on my sabers. The ones that do are covered with fins or claws. Find the collection in my signature below on my stats (vitals).

Stats (vitals)
Collection so far

Aeon v5 le in SRD with what used to be lite sound and sentinel v5 stunt pommel aka my night pommel, crashing now since I broke it AkA my old night saber

Azure Fallen diamond my main dancing saber

Initiate v2 stunt in orange cannot tell what one
Now with 40in night blade ultra edge heavy grade main sleep saber

Apprentice v5 stunt hot pink purely a daytime and disaster saber

Crimson Dominicide in BR lite sound
My number 2 sleep  saber

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2023, 04:20:51 PM »

So as I mentioned in my Dorinian review, that got me in the spring raffle. I won a 4th place prize and it turned out to be a Dark Sentinel LE V5 in Artic blue.  
Lets start with the good stuff. I like the grip and the black and silver color combo of the hilt. And the fact that the AV switch is standard is great and I do like Artic blue as a color.
This part is just personal preference so not a complaint per say after all this was a FREE saber. That being said this not a saber or color combo that I would have picked. Because I prefer that a saber with dark in the name to have a dark side color like red or orange and not a Jedi color ( blue, green etc.). Again Personal preference. I also prefer the Sentinel V4 (which I do have) over the V5 because of the windows.
Which is the only real complaint that I have with this saber. The cut out of the saber where the windows are was Sharp! I had to use a file on the edges so not to cut my hand. So that is only the negative.
That said if you grip below the windows, around the switch it is much better than up on the windows. I added a blue thumb screw to it also.
 Over all I'm pleased with the saber. I was hoping for a hilt that I didn't have and that's what I got. So Thank You Ultra Sabers for the FREE saber!
Now the pics, which is what we all want to see!!

Great review, Mav!  And beautiful saber (especially for a "Grab Bag")!

I agree with you: the v5 Sentinel IS a great-looking saber BUT I prefer the v4 myself  Smiley

Just for myself: I always add a covertec wheel (but like I said: merely my own personal preference  Wink)

Thank you for sharing!

Point!

Agreed! I have that same problem with mine. Very uncomfortable in the hands. The windows get caught on everything.  Really wish I got a v3 instead. I don’t like windows on my sabers. The ones that do are covered with fins or claws. Find the collection in my signature below on my stats (vitals).
Heh, whereas I DO like emitter windows  Cheesy  Just goes to show why US offers the many options for us saber enthusiasts^^

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: