Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: US Dark Prototype  (Read 3531 times)
hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« on: September 28, 2014, 08:29:09 AM »

I received this beauty as a raffle prize in US 2nd Summer Raffle.  Why Dark Prototype?  Well it's dark and a prototype saber, what more can I say?  I know others are calling it a V4 but this is the way I like to go for now.  I checked the Announcement page on Saberforum and looked over the sabers offered at Ultrasabers website, and as of now this saber is not available.  So I wanted to do a bit of a review, put this thing on camera and have another look at it.

Review:
http://youtu.be/JYBEoc7thQE?list=PLDHzMBFHWNJ0ItUeloyTxagd_5AE25BnI

Here are a few pics of the prototype with a few of my pommels for comparison sake:

Bellicose pommel:

Manticore pommel:

Dark Initiate V3 vented pommel:

War Glaive pommel: (no thanks Smiley)

Prophecy V3 vented pommel:

MHS Guardian pommel:

There is another excellent and comprehensive review of the silver prototype version done by saberforum member julmax here:  http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=21174.0
I encourage you to check it out.

Thanks for watching guys Smiley

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

jedi Kai-gon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 33

Knight of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 09:00:11 AM »

Great review, I have to say I am really liking this prototype saber. I can't wait until it is released.

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 12:01:07 PM »

Very nice, hazard! Thanks for posting a video review of this mystery saber. Congrats again on being so lucky  Tongue

Tobytheterrible
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 12:44:23 PM »

That guardian pommel looks good on the prototype. Thank you for posting these.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 03:13:21 PM »

Very nice. And cool to see one in action finally. I might get the Dark Prototype in the same color now as well. Hope they get out soon. *Major hint at the US team*. Lol.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

julmax
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 75

A Sith... Hear? Bad Sishy, Bad Sithy! ...WOOSH!

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 06:38:37 AM »

Hey Hazard...  Great review! 

I'm really camera shy, so I'm glad someone who's not afraid to get in front of the camera got one of these prototypes.  As of now, and to the best of my knowledge, yours represents the third "V4" prototype to be received by a forum member and the first in a dark finish.  I have also heard talk it being available at comic cons, but I cannot confirm this.

I have to admit to using the V4 title when referring to this prototype.  However, I still hold firm to my belief that it will ultimately be released under its own name.  Got no proof of that, but it's a feeling I get.  Regardless, as I said before, you are so going to love that saber.

Thanks for promoting my own review...  a point to you...  and congratulations!

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 04:03:00 PM »

We have photos and confirmation on the release of the new Initiate V4.  US is only selling the new Initiate at cons right now but I was told that it will be released for sale on the web site soon.  I have not heard anything else about these new hilts that the two of you (and a couple others) have received.

Have you heard that people have bought one of these at the cons?  US is going to be here in Austin this coming weekend but I won't be able to attend the con.

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/b44df17a0009fcd0.png[/img]

UltraSabers : 7
Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

Want: Archon, Bellicose, Graflex, Chosen One, new V4s

magik0012
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 107

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 04:05:50 PM »

We have photos and confirmation on the release of the new Initiate V4.  US is only selling the new Initiate at cons right now but I was told that it will be released for sale on the web site soon.  I have not heard anything else about these new hilts that the two of you (and a couple others) have received.

Have you heard that people have bought one of these at the cons?  US is going to be here in Austin this coming weekend but I won't be able to attend the con.

Dang it! I thought the con was later in the month.. I'm going to be out of town Thurs - Sun! Booooooo!!

Never give up! Never surrender!

Archon v3 (Emerald RGBA + v4 sound), Graflex SE (GB + v3 sound), Chosen One SE (BR + v3 sound), Manticore (VA + v3 sound), Flamberge v2 (FO + v4 sound, dis-assembled and lightly kitbashed), 

Aeon LE v4 (stunt CG), Dark Prophecy x2 (being re-customized) (stunt BR & DVA or VA),

Dark Arbiter (Disassembled), Overlord (Disassembled)
Dark Liberator (BR w v3 sound - gifted away), Dark Sentinel LE v4 (AB w v3 sound - gifted away)

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 04:20:46 PM »

Naw, it's this weekend homie.

http://www.wizardworld.com/home-tx.html

I placed an order last Thursday night and didn't expect that it would be out on Friday, since the San Antonio con started on Friday afternoon.  But I wonder whether the US guys are working this week?  They'll have to be in Austin at least by Friday morning and it's only a couple hour drive from their HQ so I'm hoping that my order will ship this week...and that it has a Dark Liberator in it...in any color other than Guardian Blue...(hint hint, if you're reading this).

Seriously...

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/b44df17a0009fcd0.png[/img]

UltraSabers : 7
Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

Want: Archon, Bellicose, Graflex, Chosen One, new V4s

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 02:32:49 AM »

Thank you for the comments guys.  I realized in the video I said the hilt was "comfortable" too many times Smiley  But honestly it fits perfect in hand, it feels fluid when swinging it around and it kinda begs to be be used and used hard!  It seems like it has that kind of nature to it, which is indicative of a good dueller I guess. 

The black anodized finish is pretty clean and on this one the blade felt secure in the emitter, no wobble that I could detect.  I've swung it around pretty hard and it seems stable.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: