Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Got my first ultra saber.  (Read 3066 times)
Apex_Lynx
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -3

Danger Zone!

« on: May 27, 2015, 11:44:58 AM »

I got my first. A dark sentinel LE with a FO blade (love the fact I could get my favorite color) and obsidian board. It's one of the coolest things I've ever bought. My only other saber is a Vader Force FX, one of the old ones that doesn't even make a different sound on clash. My ultra saber is much more bright and the sound versatility has made me fall in love. I can already tell this will be one of many more sabers I get. I'm definetly hooked.

- Dark Sentinal V4 obsidian sound FO color
- coming soon....

Sir Gadabout
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 25

Humility is the best teacher & the hardest lesson

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 11:54:17 AM »

Welcome Apex
Sounds a cool blade and a great first choice. You'll be back I'm sure Smiley

- Initiate , GB, stunt
 - Aeon LE, purple, stunt
 - Dark Initiate, SY, stunt
 - Apprentice, GB, stunt
 - Dominix v3, CG, stunt

- Standard Issue, GB, sound
 - Bellicose, BR, sound
 - Prophecy v3, AB, sound

- Graflex CE, GB, pulsing to orange and purple, sound
 - Guardian, CG, v4 soundboard
 - Archon 2.1,CG, sound

RandyZ
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 06:49:31 PM »

Thanks for the opinion, I am on the verge of a purchase but was recently discouraged by many haters and people commenting on poor construction and service, but there are so many long term happy customers and people like you who are very happy with your purchases so I think I am convinced, and as soon as I get the money (I need about 60-70 more dollars) and I will be getting the phantasm double blade saber in violet with the LE hilts and initiate blades because ive heard of a certain master who used a staff with short blades which she used in a very close to the body style and actually made good use of it in tight spaces which was not normally a characteristic of saberstaffs. Not that im going to be dueling in any hallways or small rooms, but perhaps practicing in my room might be more feasible with it, and I will probably pick up two full size blades later on too, in case I want to split them and go duel-wield. Anyways thanks for the input man!

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 08:38:12 PM »

Hi.  Are you considering a stunt staff and in what version v2, 3 or 4 ?  With the coupler unless it is a flush one, the total length can be fairly long to quite long even with the Initiate length blades.  Suggest consider getting the Initiate version especially if you want to wield in closer quarters like the Master that you described.  Even two v2 Initiates combined is a versatile staff.  The v2's have a smaller coupler and cannot be swapped out.  If getting sound staff you need a vented coupler and the adjustable design is the best if wanting the power buttons in alignment.  Will add on a couple more inches.  Purple blades are awesome.  Smiley

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 02:02:32 AM »

Hi Apex.  Seems like you made a great first US choice.  An orange blade is sometimes overlooked and under appreciated.  I have an orange flash on one of my sabers.  It sure doesn't take long to get hooked and you will get lots of encouragement here.  We do draw the line with placing oneself in financial hot water.  Here's a point for your enthusiasm and for my replying to RandyZ  in your subject space.  Smiley

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 02:14:34 AM »

Lynx, nice saber choice and color. My son has a staff in FO and it looks cool, i like it. MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/sd and silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebie)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (freebie)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd and

RandyZ
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 05:42:12 PM »

Hi.  Are you considering a stunt staff and in what version v2, 3 or 4 ?  With the coupler unless it is a flush one, the total length can be fairly long to quite long even with the Initiate length blades.  Suggest consider getting the Initiate version especially if you want to wield in closer quarters like the Master that you described.  Even two v2 Initiates combined is a versatile staff.  The v2's have a smaller coupler and cannot be swapped out.  If getting sound staff you need a vented coupler and the adjustable design is the best if wanting the power buttons in alignment.  Will add on a couple more inches.  Purple blades are awesome.  Smiley
I'm on a somewhat tight budget atm so I will definitely be sticking to no sound for my first saber. Also I think I'll get a single blade to save a bit of money as well as learn the basics first, and add a staff later. Thanks for the tips on the length, I will definitely keep that in mind. I'm going for an ad in le v4 for now, with the violet amethyst blade again. Another thought
I had was simply purchasing an identical saber later and a coupler and using that. But for now I will just go with one blade to keep it simple.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 12:23:31 AM »

Hi RandyZ.  That sounds like a good plan and you will definitely really like your chosen saber.  When you are ready to make a staff, you may want to check out some of the gallery photos.  While the identical sabers and blades looks the best, many members choose to go the dark/light combo and with different colored blades.  Can look so interesting when spinning and then have the benefit of two different sabers for single use.

Would you please have a look at the Forum Rules and post an acknowledgement.  An entry in the Introductions would be nice.  Finally, how about starting your own subject thread so that more members will read it and reply.  Apex has been most kind to share his space.

Here's a light side appreciation point to get you started.  Let us know if you prefer dark side. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 12:28:45 AM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

RandyZ
Force Sensitive

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 05:54:46 PM »

Hi RandyZ.  That sounds like a good plan and you will definitely really like your chosen saber.  When you are ready to make a staff, you may want to check out some of the gallery photos.  While the identical sabers and blades looks the best, many members choose to go the dark/light combo and with different colored blades.  Can look so interesting when spinning and then have the benefit of two different sabers for single use.

Would you please have a look at the Forum Rules and post an acknowledgement.  An entry in the Introductions would be nice.  Finally, how about starting your own subject thread so that more members will read it and reply.  Apex has been most kind to share his space.

Here's a light side appreciation point to get you started.  Let us know if you prefer dark side. Smiley
Yeah sorry for hogging up this thread. I will check those rules ASAP, and yeah, the multicolor thing sounds cool. I like to think I'm on the light side of the force Grin (PS. when I wrote about the saber I chose, autocorrect on my tablet changed Aeon to ad XD)

Apex_Lynx
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -3

Danger Zone!

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2015, 11:19:53 AM »

I don't mind sharing this space, but you generally get a larger response with your own thread. I didn't really expect this thread to get as big as it did tbh. Kinda funny really.

- Dark Sentinal V4 obsidian sound FO color
- coming soon....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: