Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Initiate V2 Review  (Read 1516 times)
sirane_willts
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: August 04, 2012, 02:59:07 AM »

This is me reviewing my very first saber from Ultrasabers.

My Specs:
Hilt Model: Dark Initiate V2
Blade: Standard 32" MidGrade (Round tip)
Color: Fire Orange
Battery Config: Standard
Pommel: Standard (Non-Vented)

Not going to type much, because I am terrible at re-iterating myself. I get caught in loops often when I'm explaining something or talking about it. This saber blew my expectations to a galaxy far far away. Having worked retail I've gotten bitter when it comes to pricing, even more especially since I'm on a strict budget. So when I ordered this saber for right around 65 bucks plus shipping, I was honestly expecting the saber to make me go "Mehh..." when I opened the box. But I opened the box and was blown away at the quality. The cheapest Force FX saber I've seen at any retail store I've worked at was almost perfectly twice the price of my ultrasaber. But I got a saber that has twice the quality and twice the wow factor when shown to friends.

Hoping to use my reward points from this purchase, the points from the saber I just ordered for the GF, and the points for making a review video to go towards the beautiful Dark War Glaive RGB with Obsidian. So glad I ordered this Dark Initiate first to dip my toes in the water. Duel wielding orange and green always looks so badass.

Without further adieu,  here is my video:

(Please excuse the shakiness and the messy room. But it is made up for with an adorable kitten.)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0DKvh2MrYo" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0DKvh2MrYo</a>
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 03:03:36 AM by sirane_willts » Logged

Dark Initiate V2 FO-MG

Killic
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 03:18:20 AM »

Nice review Sirane, Fire Orange is an awesome saber colour, that is the colour of my Dominix.  Grin

Sabers: FO  Dominix V2 aka Torch
              FO Dominix V3 aka Flame Brand

sirane_willts
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 03:26:40 AM »

Thanks much. I do enjoy the FO color. Simply amazing.

Just wondering though, does your LED do the same thing I mentioned mine doing in my video?

Dark Initiate V2 FO-MG

1972sith
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -1

dark side points, please :)

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 11:23:23 AM »

Nice review- really like the orange blade

Sandtracker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 12:30:58 PM »

Just wondering though, does your LED do the same thing I mentioned mine doing in my video?
On my Dominix, the LED does the same thing you mentioned in your review. I wouldn't worry about it. By the way, good review.

Killic
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 01:03:43 PM »

It does and I think they all do it, but won't know forsure until I buy another saber.  Grin

Sabers: FO  Dominix V2 aka Torch
              FO Dominix V3 aka Flame Brand

sirane_willts
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2012, 08:24:11 PM »

Thanks guys.

The LED switch thing doesn't bother me at all. It actually gave me and my friends tons of ideas to use in our WEG Starwars D6 campaign. Plus tons of inside jokes. I was just curious to see if it was just a fault in mine or if it wasn't a fault and that's just how the wiring in all the sabers are.

Dark Initiate V2 FO-MG

Sandtracker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2012, 08:49:58 PM »

Your welcome

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 03:52:52 AM »

Nice saber. The Dark Initiate looks good in Fire Orange.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: