Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: 1st Saber - Grab Bag Dark Initiate LE v4  (Read 5373 times)
RocketBear
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 5

« on: June 25, 2015, 11:20:06 PM »

I just got my first US, I decided to let the force pick it out for me and I ordered a Grab Bag. I don't think I could be any happier with the hilt. I did specify a Guardian Blue led and I love the contrast between the hilt and the saber blade. I chose to install the covertec wheel myself and I think I did okay. My only complaint I could have is I ordered the ultra edge heavy blade thinking I would get a 32" blade and what I got was a monster of a 36" blade, so no spinning in the house and I think its time to start doing some weight training. I hope to actually do a video review of this saber later on and actually show it off a little.

My Sabers: Dark Initiate LE V4 GB, Dominix V2 AB

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 12:43:17 AM »

Congrats!  I love the v4s.  Did it come with or without windows on the emitter?  (Looks great either way though.)

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

RocketBear
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 01:51:55 AM »

It came windowless. Windows would have been super cool, but all I was really hoping for was something LE and not just a plain initiate/Aeon/Dominix (well and that unreasonable maybe I'll be that super awesome random guy that will get sound even though we all know its not gonna happen). So I did get that.

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 04:08:17 AM »

It came windowless. Windows would have been super cool, but all I was really hoping for was something LE and not just a plain initiate/Aeon/Dominix (well and that unreasonable maybe I'll be that super awesome random guy that will get sound even though we all know its not gonna happen). So I did get that.

Brother, next time send a quick email to Emory with a gentle "nudge" towards what you're hoping for.  Especially if you tell him you're thinking of "upgrading", pending on what they choose for you.  Emory is a business man and adding to the order is desirable for him.  I wouldn't steer you the wrong way! Grin

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

RocketBear
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 01:13:11 PM »

Brother, next time send a quick email to Emory with a gentle "nudge" towards what you're hoping for.  Especially if you tell him you're thinking of "upgrading", pending on what they choose for you.  Emory is a business man and adding to the order is desirable for him.  I wouldn't steer you the wrong way! Grin
When I placed the order, I truly had no idea what I wanted. Like a crazy person I stared at the website every day since the order and started guessing what it could be. I'm really happy with what I received, this morning I placed an order for a midgrade grab bag blade and I request a 32" in the order comments. So I'm ready and I'm pumped.

wargame_insomniac
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 48

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 10:52:41 PM »

Yeah. I ordered a Grab Bag for my first saber. Before they despatched it I emailed Emory and asked if I could add sound. Paid a touch more for it as they had to dissemble it, add Obsidian  v4Soundfont, and then reassemble. But well worth it.

Groovidad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Darth Groove

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 11:03:05 PM »

Yeah. I ordered a Grab Bag for my first saber. Before they despatched it I emailed Emory and asked if I could add sound. Paid a touch more for it as they had to dissemble it, add Obsidian  v4Soundfont, and then reassemble. But well worth it.

Okay, I'll share my recent story.  I took advantage of Summer Deals and ordered a saber (I'ts a secret!)  I qualified for the Free Initiate.  In the "Remarks Section" of the order I asked if they could let me know what they picked for me, as I may be interested in upgrading. Emory got right back to me, let me know which hilt and I began to customize it from there.  (It's a secret, too!)  So, I'm getting the Free Initiate with the goodies I want.  No need for upgrading it in the future as it has the functionality requested.  Emory is a great dude!

Failure is NOT an option!
ARSENAL
Dark Initiate LE v3; BR w/VA FoC; OBS v4
Chosen One CE; BR w/AS FoC; AV red; OBS v4
Dominix LE v3; VA W/AB FoC, AV red, OBS v4
Dark Liberator v3; FO, OBS v3
Guardian CE; Emerald, Black AV yellow, OBS v4
Sentinel v4, Windows, SRD w/AB FoC, Silver AV blue, OBS v4
Graflex SE, Emerald, silver AV, Brass buttons, OBS v3
Prophecy, GB blade, OBS v3, Silver AV
Standard Issue BS, GB w/VA FoC, Silver AV Green, OBS v3
Crimson Reaper, Emerald, Silver AV Blue, OBS v3, recharge port
Crimson Liberator, Stunt
Archon v2.1; CG w/AS FoC, AV Blue, OBS v4

wargame_insomniac
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 48

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 09:17:42 AM »

Exactly.  Likewise for my free Initiate I asked if I could pay for couple of upgrades including Li-ion batteries.  Emory was so helpful both times I have ordered.

RocketBear
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 06:18:02 PM »

I ordered a mid grade grab bag blade, requested that it would be 32" and it just came in today. What a difference! The length is better and I have to say I prefer the weight on the midgrade. The problem now is I want to order another grab bag hilt, Its like gambling!

RocketBear
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2015, 09:26:30 PM »

Just had to brag that I have swapped the button to a lit momentary switch and installed an econoboard in my saber

https://youtu.be/V4sOm1xyYCk

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 11:01:22 PM »

Hmm. Not a bad set up. Wondering if the Qui-gon would work the same way. I have one so and wanting to add sound to one of my sabers myself as well

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

RocketBear
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2015, 11:17:58 PM »

I know the Ultimate FX boards are supposed to be pretty darn good for just being a retail product. I'm cheap myself and the board I used came from a $20 Rebels yoda electronic lightsaber which is pretty similar to the 2010 clone wars boards but I think its significantly smaller

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2015, 12:54:01 AM »

Just had to brag that I have swapped the button to a lit momentary switch and installed an econoboard in my saber

https://youtu.be/V4sOm1xyYCk

Great job, well done..... +1 point for you  Smiley

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: