Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Replacements needed? If so, recommendations?  (Read 489 times)
apindy
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: October 31, 2023, 06:15:44 PM »

Good day everyone,

I have an Electrum Wind Diamond Saber circa 2017.   Have always loved it.  Good stuff all around.  I noticed recently though that the blade brightness has dimmed in the last year.   I would defer to those with greater knowledge than me, and ask opinions on whether I need to replace a blade, the LED, or something else.   And if replacements are recommended, what parts would be recommended?   For comparison, two images:

First image, saber looks bright throughout.   Second image, same saber (one on the left) is good at the base, dull in the middle, and somehow bright at the tip.

Thoughts?  Any feedback would be appreciated.

Saber Surfer
Administrator
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2023, 09:49:55 PM »

I  am sorry that this has happened to your saber. What does the VC2 charger read when you charge your batteries? It looks like it is not getting to proper power from the batteries.

apindy
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2023, 10:37:09 PM »

No need to be sorry, certainly.   I appreciate the reply.   I will check as soon as I am able by removing the batteries and setting them in the charger.   Mind, however, that both images you see here (about a year apart) both followed charging to full using the charger port (green light on the brick).

apindy
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2023, 05:42:33 AM »

Good evening,

I checked the batteries in the VC2.   They both read as full.

Thoughts?

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2023, 11:38:42 AM »

Your batteries might be going bad. There are a limited number of times you can charge a Lithium Ion battery to 100%. Eventually, they stop holding as much of a charge. You've had the saber for 6 years, so I'm assuming they've been charged a lot. Personally, I'd suggest a new set of batteries. Get them, charge them up, then see if the brightness is back. At the very least, it's the easiest and cheapest possible solution.

apindy
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2023, 11:08:10 PM »

I will give that a shot.   I suppose what confounded me is that the tip of the blade still shone well (have a look the second picture, left blade), so power did not instantly come to mind.   Still, it definitely could not hurt to get a fresh set of batteries.   And I might get a new blade at the same time to refresh that.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2023, 03:34:31 AM »

The tip of the blade is probably akin to the light hitting a wall. The light "stops" there, right on the translucent tip, so there's a bright spot where it hits.

Honestly, for the way it seems like you've used and enjoyed this saber, 6 years isn't a bad run on the Li-Ion batteries. If you'd had a phone for 6 years and charged it regularly, it's doubtful the battery would hold a charge at all by this point. But then, Ultrasabers does supply us with good quality batteries.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: