Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Black Friday Sale  (Read 1015 times)
CapPoptart
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 13

« on: November 03, 2023, 03:09:26 PM »

Hi All,

The Black Friday sale is up, and it is a really good deal!  75% off Obsiden Sound is great; but do people think this is because US is trying to unload their stock of Obsiden sound boards  so that they can transition to the Ultra Proffie versions exclusively?  The Ultra Proffies are great; the video explaination was very helpful re: understanding what is offered.  The thing is that, even the Ultra Proffie Zero adds $85 to the cost of the saber.  I am wondering that, if the Obsiden is going away, the base prices may all go up as a consaquence.  If so, it may be a time to stock up now, etc.

What do you all think?

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2023, 05:35:53 PM »

Your reasoning is sound^^

That certainly is a distinct possibility (especially given the differences in hardware). 

As for myself: I have almost exclusively purchased Obsidian Lite and have NEVER once had a problem; in fact, for my purposes (mostly: cosplay) these sabers have gone above and beyond  Smiley

That said: I'll probably try out one of the Ultra Profile Zero sabers in the near future  Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

CapPoptart
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2023, 05:58:41 PM »

As for myself: I have almost exclusively purchased Obsidian Lite and have NEVER once had a problem; in fact, for my purposes (mostly: cosplay) these sabers have gone above and beyond  Smiley

Same; I think all of mine are Obsidian Lite (possible exception of mystery saber with sound).  I have been very pleased with this option.  One color/sound profile generally does me just fine; it is also an excuse to buy more hilts and color combos Wink  I am kind of a low tech guy (he said as he contemplated buying another laser sword). I skip the flash on clash, neo pixel, etc.

If Ultra Proffie is the only option at some point, I will probably end up checking them out (likley the Zero).  Addicts gonna addict Smiley

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2023, 07:07:12 PM »

I had the same thought about them unloading stock of Obsidian boards and going to the Ultraproffie exclusively. It make sense.

I only wish I had money to help them unload some Obsidian stock. I had an Archon V2 configured in the cart with Obsidian Lite and the price was fantastic. I just can't afford anything right now.

CapPoptart
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2023, 07:26:58 PM »

I only wish I had money to help them unload some Obsidian stock. I had an Archon V2 configured in the cart with Obsidian Lite and the price was fantastic. I just can't afford anything right now.

It is a big window (until Nov. 26), so I'm not feeling like I need to move ASAP.  I generally keep things I'm considering in the cart too;  I've been budgeting for a Dark Archon for a bit.  Was not expecting to buy more than one in the next order.  Hopefully the next few weeks are full of holiday discounts and early gifts on other fronts!

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2023, 07:37:17 PM »

Yeah, Ultrasabers always gives you a generous window on the sales. The problem is, there's the logical part of my brain that's like "you just bought a house and a new furnace, you know you can't afford this." Then there's the other part that's like "Dude, get an Aeon! They're cheaper!"  Grin

CapPoptart
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2023, 07:49:14 PM »

Yeah, Ultrasabers always gives you a generous window on the sales. The problem is, there's the logical part of my brain that's like "you just bought a house and a new furnace, you know you can't afford this." Then there's the other part that's like "Dude, get an Aeon! They're cheaper!"  Grin

Mmm fiscally responsible adult v "Haha! Glow sword go vrrrr!"

The struggle is real!

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2023, 07:54:26 PM »

Yeah, I mean I'm financing the house and the furnace/AC, so it's not like I won't be paying on those for a while anyway. (30 years for the house) I might as well have a new glow stick to go with them.  Cheesy

I'll probably just do the American thing and put an order in on my Capitol One card. Wink

CapPoptart
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2023, 08:01:03 PM »

I'll probably just do the American thing and put an order in on my Capitol One card. Wink

Well, Samuel L. Jackson does Capital One commercials... I think that means, if you get it in purple, it counts as fiscially responcible...

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2023, 08:05:46 PM »

Well, Samuel L. Jackson does Capital One commercials... I think that means, if you get it in purple, it counts as fiscially responcible...
OK, I am SO using this to "convince" my wife for my next UltraSabers purchase  Grin

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2023, 08:10:44 PM »

Actually, that's exactly the color I was looking at. Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: