Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Concerns with Batteries and Budgets  (Read 698 times)
SkylarBagel
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: March 25, 2024, 06:07:17 PM »

Hi, pretty new around here, and making my first saber for order. (I'm getting one for my upcoming wedding for photoshoots and maybe some shenanigans, but likely not much dueling)

I knew I wanted Fire Orange color, and likely the Tri Fire Orange version after doing some reading up, and was hoping to find a saber hilt with gold detail to match. Was thinking the Aeon LE V3 and V4. The problem I keep running into is that these models only seem to have the Li-Ion battery options. I was alright with that but as I continued to build them I noticed that they also include the option for including a charger and charging port that would have jumped the build out of my budget.

I assume getting a charger directly from the brand would be better, cheaper, and easier, but are the ports necessary? How much of a hassle would it be to charge without them? And what would the battery life be like? I don't know my way around the sabers yet, so I'm hesitant with much taking apart and putting back together. If any of you more experienced shoppers could help me figure this out, I'd be very grateful.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2024, 07:21:30 PM »

So, if I read your requirements right, I put together the saber for the minimum cost: $105.60

Choose Your Configuration: NO SOUND (Stunt Saber)
Choose the color of your blade!: TRI Fire Orange
Battery Configuration: Li-Ion Setup(18650 Battery & Charger Included)
Recharge Port: No Recharge Port
Blade Length: 36" Standard Size
Blade Option: UltraEdge Midgrade
Windows: Windowed Emitter
Pommel: Regular Solid Pommel (No Sound) [Recommended]
Switch Type: Guarded Switch
Choose Blade Tip Type: Round Tip
Blade Retention Screw Wrench: Sure!
Include Blade Plug: No Thanks
Include Day Blade: No Thanks
Include Saber Stand: No Thanks
Include Belt Clip: No Thanks
Install Belt Clip Wheel: No Thanks

Let me know if this isn't right.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

SkylarBagel
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2024, 08:14:07 PM »

It looks great, I was mostly just concerned with the logistics of the battery and charging without the ports. I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on the process.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2024, 03:47:54 PM »

It looks great, I was mostly just concerned with the logistics of the battery and charging without the ports. I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on the process.
I have never ordered a charge port. 1) I thought they looked ugly, 2) I thought they looked uncomfortable (then I held one with a port, and confirmed my suspicions) 3) with buying experience I discovered that I never needed it, & 4) they're really only good for display purposes, and they're usually in a horrible location. A saber without sound takes a loooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggg time to deplete the batts; especially with Li-ion batts. With sound, LIs last about 30min of continuous operation. Without sound, I've had them last all day (8hr) turning on/off for photos.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 602

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2024, 08:53:27 PM »

Charging the batteries is a simple process. You simply unscrew the pommel on the bottom of your saber and pop the batteries out and put them in the charger and put them back in your saber when their done and screw the pommel back on. Hope this helps. MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/s & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/s an silver foc
 Archon CG w/s an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/s an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite s and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/s an silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Free)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (Raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (free)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Sound in my Guardian, Dark Prophecy BR

SkylarBagel
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2024, 09:51:53 PM »

Perfect! Thank you both for helping me figure this out!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2024, 07:27:11 PM »

Happy shopping. Also, be warned: Your woman will steal your saber. Mine did.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: