Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Own made Lightsaber v.2  (Read 8556 times)
thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 22

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2011, 07:51:12 PM »

I would say PM Ultra or Deep about that or email them. Something like that I think could be talked about just between yall, you know?

Star Wars Society of San Antonio
Sith Shadow Council of Texas
San Antonio Lightsaber Academy

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -129

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2011, 09:54:48 PM »

yes i was. ultra didn't really answer my question so i asked a dumb one on purpose. All in all, i just want this saber finished.

1. Post some pics so we can see what you have to work with.
2. If it is possible to install light and sound (and something that I would be interested in doing) I can do the install for you.

Darth Rifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -200

Darth Rifter and Jedi Keldor...Darn it I forgot.

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2011, 10:13:08 PM »

cool i will have them tomorrow and I just want light really.

Darth Rifter
Knight Commander

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2011, 06:06:56 PM »

My homemade hilt is 12 inches from  pommel tip to the hole for the blade in the emitter. There is no blade securing method. What I think would happen for it is to get a metal pipe with a inner diameter of 1inch and an overall diameter of less that 1.5 inches. Then secure or glue the led and lens and heatsink in the bottom of the pipe. then find someway to secure the pipe in the lightsaber(which is 1.5 inches from top without emitter, which is only .75 inches more without emiiter, to just below, about 1/4 inch, the holes for the switch.) then cut the pipe off at the top. Then just drill and tap a hole and the blade can be secured. Also there is a hole in the back at the bottom I plan to put a covertec clip there. also i am pretty sure the hole are too small for switches. Lastly after everything is install and secured, I think the emitter needs to be permanently attached. Well that's all that I think I need, though I really know nothing. I hope you like my sink tube saber.
well there you guys go. also tell me how I did.
(sorry for the bad pics.)

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2011, 07:08:43 PM »

That's a nice hilt.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Rifter
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2011, 07:10:45 PM »

thanks

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2011, 10:16:47 PM »

<after eyes adjust from blurry pics> yeah, that would be a pretty straightforward install.you would just need a sinktube adapter..but I would have to see it personally to know for sure. Let me know if you want me to do it. I will expect your PM with a Yay or Nay  Wink

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2011, 10:44:17 PM »

This is a Big Yellow Box saber, and if it's build like one, some pretty important modifications will have to be made if it has this in it:

Darth Rifter
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2011, 10:49:39 PM »

you see I have you beat there ultra. Because that is what I had originally, but I took that out. I replaced it with a pvc pipe with an inner diameter of an inch and total diameter of 1.25 inches. It took some clever thinking, but i got it in there and it is in fact a completely hollow lightsaber hilt.

Darth Rifter
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2011, 11:17:21 PM »

Also I looked at tcss and they only had parts to go with there mhs parts. My emitter is just a shower head and slides on the top. Where can I get something that can I insert snugly into the top of the saber and put the led in the bottom of this part and then insert it and secure it to the saber. Would I use a pipe of some sort? Like could I use a pvc pipe? would the heat from the led melt the plastic or not?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 05:52:57 PM by sanddeath » Logged

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2011, 04:17:29 AM »

Sanddeath, please modify your last post and refrain from double posting. Thank you.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: