Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: UltraEdge Heavy, or Mid-Grade!?!?  (Read 6631 times)
Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2012, 02:30:50 PM »

I have all grades of the blades, I prefer the Midgrade . Light weight, durable, and bright!

dark side points please

Ricktur
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 30

the world is hollow and ive touched the sky

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 02:22:50 AM »

i just thought of something when going back through this thread. . . lets say you do plan on dueling with your saber.  you got a friend and duel on the regular. 

ok so im going to need some help with this question, but lets say you have a mid grade and your friend has a heavy grade, does the heavy grade give you the advantage?  advantage as in, you can hit harder/gain more momentum/ cause more shock to the opponent's hands?

i was just thinking, Form V users would love heavy grades if it offered those slight advantages. . .

[‾๐‾‾]▦[⊚]▦ị█ị‾╱██████████████████████████████████████████████)
CE Prophecy - Guardian Blue Ultraedge Midgrade

Lightside Points Appreciated!

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 03:56:53 AM »

i just thought of something when going back through this thread. . . lets say you do plan on dueling with your saber.  you got a friend and duel on the regular. 

ok so im going to need some help with this question, but lets say you have a mid grade and your friend has a heavy grade, does the heavy grade give you the advantage?  advantage as in, you can hit harder/gain more momentum/ cause more shock to the opponent's hands?

i was just thinking, Form V users would love heavy grades if it offered those slight advantages. . .

Yes you can, and being an occasional user of Form V that's why I prefer NOT to use them in real duels... lol.

Two reasons:

1.  Don't wanna damage the person's blade.
2.  Don't wanna damage the person's body.

It's one of the reasons I caution people about using the heavy grade blades - they really do have a nice heft to them and all, but they're literally double the weight of a midgrade blade.  That gives you twice the momentum, which can be dangerous in unskilled hands against an unarmored foe...

Darth Cestual
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -50

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 12:41:54 PM »

I opted for the heavy grade blades because back when I was taking karate, we would practice with real weapons, but in competition, we could switch to the really lightweight show weapons, which would allow us to do the moves nearly twice as fast and looked pretty cool, but those weapons could never hold up in a real fight. So in my mind if I train with a heavier weapon it will build up the muscles I need to be really effective in an actuall combat situation. I'll probably order some mid grade blades at a later date if we ever get to where we want to perform in public.

Darth Ravenloft
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 06:43:26 PM »

I opted for the heavy grade blades because back when I was taking karate, we would practice with real weapons, but in competition, we could switch to the really lightweight show weapons, which would allow us to do the moves nearly twice as fast and looked pretty cool, but those weapons could never hold up in a real fight. So in my mind if I train with a heavier weapon it will build up the muscles I need to be really effective in an actuall combat situation. I'll probably order some mid grade blades at a later date if we ever get to where we want to perform in public.

I know what you mean, I never personally did competitions due to my personal view on them. However, I have switched between real and "show" weapons and that is so true the weight and durability difference. I have used a black oak bokkan and that thing was like wielding a tree trunk...not a branch...a friggin trunk. A lot of power I must admit and once you got used to the weight it was a very efficient weapon. As for dueling blades, I personally like what I've seen with the mid-grade blades, but I will probably pick up a heavy grade later so I do have the option to switch. That is one thing I really liked about the research I did into US before investing, the versatility and personal customization you have even post purchase. Smiley

CZ3RO
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -178

"There were lessons the Jedi couldn't teach me."

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 04:10:40 PM »

I posted this elsewhere, but check this out:

I noticed the weight difference immediately with my first HG, I was accustomed to the MG.

The MG would give you a combat advantage of being faster at least.

.ZERO.

"The Jedi and their 'Order' betrayed the Chancellor and the Republic - hunting them down isn't about revenge; this is justice."
- Fane Cinden, Imperial Inquisitioner

Ricktur
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 30

the world is hollow and ive touched the sky

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2012, 09:20:14 PM »

Zero. . . the clarity of your photos is impressive. . . what kind of camera are you using lol?

[‾๐‾‾]▦[⊚]▦ị█ị‾╱██████████████████████████████████████████████)
CE Prophecy - Guardian Blue Ultraedge Midgrade

Lightside Points Appreciated!

CZ3RO
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -178

"There were lessons the Jedi couldn't teach me."

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2012, 09:27:09 PM »

Zero. . . the clarity of your photos is impressive. . . what kind of camera are you using lol?

Thanks!

Just a Samsung point-and-shoot, 12mp.  I think it's this guy here.  I dunno, I won it in a raffle at work.  Tongue

I put it on the macro (close up) setting.  The trick is aiming a desk lamp at the target and taking lots of shots (you don't want to see that ones that didn't turn out).

.ZERO.

"The Jedi and their 'Order' betrayed the Chancellor and the Republic - hunting them down isn't about revenge; this is justice."
- Fane Cinden, Imperial Inquisitioner

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: