Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Isola815's Random Hilt Challenge  (Read 27426 times)
Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2017, 05:40:30 AM »

AND. . . . that's all I wanted.  Smiley

I get not everyone digs Thundercats . . . but if you ever got one of these as a 1st or 2nd place Raffle Prize, you would have a gorgeous MHS & MLS saber Body with Sound to work with.

So, point made, everyone take the Omen off your list!!!

(Kidding, of course.)

Glad you nudged me on that one, Lord Canterbury, because it definitely has caught my interest. I shall watch for the return of this one with great interest  Grin

Now - here's how we take this entire idea of Isola's to the NEXT LEVEL:

Figure out what you are willing to spend, I'll throw $350 out there.

Tell US "Send me a requisition charge for $350, I'll pay it, here's a list of 10 hilts, pick one and do a Build with that Budget and send it to me without letting me know anything about it."

Boom.  Instant "Isola Grab Bag".

That could be quite the matzo ball out there if someone doesn't like the outcome. I think it should stay with the individual, that way they made the choice to go random and Ultra Sabers wasn't involved, because they probably don't want the liability, albeit I'm sure it'd be something they'd like to participate in, in a perfect world.

So..........................

I followed SFD's nudging and decided to make a list that included hilts I was least likely to order next, and thus...

I have officially done the ISOLA RANDOM HILT CHALLENGE! I am ONE with the FORCE, and the FORCE is with me, and all is as the FORCE wills it.   Roll Eyes

Pretty good rush, committing fully to the process and willing to accept whatever the outcome may be.  Cool

The ten sabers on my list were:

1. Archon v3.1
2. Aeon V4
3. Monarch
4. Dark Standard Issue
5. Dark Monarch
6. Overlord
7. Flamberge SE
8. Flamberge CE
9. Azure Menace
10. Bane

...and here's video part 1:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQCgVAqeF98" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQCgVAqeF98</a>

...and here's video part 2 (SPOILER ALERT):

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCmTp0cwVoM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCmTp0cwVoM</a>

Did I feel the will of the Force? I so did, and it was an awesome experience. Thank you, Isola, for taking the first plunge! My name is Lord Bladewraith, and I survived the Isola Random Hilt Challenge! You can, too, everyone!

**SPOILER ALERT**
Click here to see the will of the Force for LB: LB's Isola Random Hilt Challenge

I'll post pictures and a review as soon after I get it as possible.  Cool

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -151

All your sabers are belong to us...

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2017, 06:18:06 AM »

Congrats to you, Bladewraith, and kudos on the cojones it took to pull the trigger on the challenge.  Point to you!

I'm still on the fence about it - I really love the idea, LOVE the randomness of it, and have actually rolled a few up out of pure curiosity just to see what could wash up at my feet.  Either way I have a few months to think on it - I won't be throwing cash at another saber of any sort until at least the Summer Raffle, if not later.

Dark Side Points Please Smiley

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2017, 06:30:44 AM »

Congrats to you, Bladewraith, and kudos on the cojones it took to pull the trigger on the challenge.  Point to you!

I'm still on the fence about it - I really love the idea, LOVE the randomness of it, and have actually rolled a few up out of pure curiosity just to see what could wash up at my feet.  Either way I have a few months to think on it - I won't be throwing cash at another saber of any sort until at least the Summer Raffle, if not later.
"Cojones"  Grin  Cheesy 

Thanks, Mask. In fact, I was really caught me off guard. I was anticipating that I would draw one of my least favorite hilts like the Overlord or Aeon V4, so well, it's pretty surprising which one I ended up with, alright. I feel like that's what will happen to most, that the one they least expect might emerge in the drawing. It shall be interesting to see if others have the cojones to follow suit.  Cool

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2017, 07:00:14 AM »

Interesting that you managed to get the exact color that hilt screams for.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2017, 07:37:28 AM »

Glad you nudged me on that one, Lord Canterbury, because it definitely has caught my interest. I shall watch for the return of this one with great interest  Grin

That could be quite the matzo ball out there if someone doesn't like the outcome. I think it should stay with the individual, that way they made the choice to go random and Ultra Sabers wasn't involved, because they probably don't want the liability, albeit I'm sure it'd be something they'd like to participate in, in a perfect world.

So..........................

I followed SFD's nudging and decided to make a list that included hilts I was least likely to order next, and thus...

I have officially done the ISOLA RANDOM HILT CHALLENGE! I am ONE with the FORCE, and the FORCE is with me, and all is as the FORCE wills it.   Roll Eyes

Pretty good rush, committing fully to the process and willing to accept whatever the outcome may be.  Cool

The ten sabers on my list were:

1. Archon v3.1
2. Aeon V4
3. Monarch
4. Dark Standard Issue
5. Dark Monarch
6. Overlord
7. Flamberge SE
8. Flamberge CE
9. Azure Menace
10. Bane

...and here's video part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQCgVAqeF98

...and here's video part 2 (SPOILER ALERT):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCmTp0cwVoM

Did I feel the will of the Force? I so did, and it was an awesome experience. Thank you, Isola, for taking the first plunge! My name is Lord Bladewraith, and I survived the Isola Random Hilt Challenge! You can, too, everyone!

**SPOILER ALERT**
Click here to see the will of the Force for LB: LB's Isola Random Hilt Challenge

I'll post pictures and a review as soon after I get it as possible.  Cool

WOOOOOOO! That was really awesome to come back to after a long day of electrical theory!

But am I missing something? Because it looked like you rolled a three... but you opened the first piece of paper out of the bowl. There were still 9 others in there by the look?

Either way you still did a random hilt  Grin But I think you may have drawn  a 1 and then a 15. Or is my brain just fried from being stuck in a classroom all day?

Congrats on your new saber, and thank you for taking my challenge Smiley Point to you!

WHO IS NEXT?!

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2017, 08:24:49 AM »

Interesting that you managed to get the exact color that hilt screams for.

Right?! Out of 20 colors I drew and discarded 14 before opening the 15th one as determined by the dice roll and ended up with that particular color. It's so funky to think how many other colors I could've ended up with. It could've been Bane's Heart or Fire Orange, just to name a couple. No one could be more shocked than me holding that little piece of paper in my hands with the words "Consular Green" on it! 😅

WOOOOOOO! That was really awesome to come back to after a long day of electrical theory!

But am I missing something? Because it looked like you rolled a three... but you opened the first piece of paper out of the bowl. There were still 9 others in there by the look?

Either way you still did a random hilt  Grin But I think you may have drawn  a 1 and then a 15. Or is my brain just fried from being stuck in a classroom all day?

Congrats on your new saber, and thank you for taking my challenge Smiley Point to you!

WHO IS NEXT?!

Nice.  Grin Glad you saw this now, but you are so right. I drew a 3 and then a 15. I messed up. Dang it. I rewatched the video and saw the same thing you did, I opened the first one instead of the third one.  I think I'm the one who had a fried brain, Isola. At least it's still random and that I then correctly drew the 15 out of the blade color bowl. Did you notice, though, that I then added another random element of not getting to choose my flash on clash color and accepting the outcome of a dice roll on that, too. I had six colors to choose from, rolled a 3 and DID draw three from the bowl and read the third one, so maybe that can make up for the goof-up on the first drawing, eh.  Wink

Thanks, man. 👊

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2017, 08:33:17 AM »

Right?! Out of 20 colors I drew and discarded 14 before opening the 15th one as determined by the dice roll and ended up with that particular color. It's so funky to think how many other colors I could've ended up with. It could've been Bane's Heart or Fire Orange, just to name a couple. No one could be more shocked than me holding that little piece of paper in my hands with the words "Consular Green" on it! 😅

Nice.  Grin Glad you saw this now, but you are so right. I drew a 3 and then a 15. I messed up. Dang it. I rewatched the video and saw the same thing you did, I opened the first one instead of the third one.  I think I'm the one who had a fried brain, Isola. At least it's still random and that I then correctly drew the 15 out of the blade color bowl. Did you notice, though, that I then added another random element of not getting to choose my flash on clash color and accepting the outcome of a dice roll on that, too. I had six colors to choose from, rolled a 3 and DID draw three from the bowl and read the third one, so maybe that can make up for the goof-up on the first drawing, eh.  Wink

Thanks, man. 👊

Yeah I saw both the videos Smiley

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2017, 08:37:54 AM »

I dont have the money right now but I have a few I could put in but no dice Tongue I'll see if my phone has a dice app or something. I know of a few I'd never consider getting myself. Too bad because this sounds like a lot of fun Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2017, 09:38:32 AM »

I think Lord B needs to do a new video, same 10 hilts, just pick the third one so we can see what he would have ended up with - no need to order, I'm just curious as to what the Force would have chosen for you Wink

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2017, 09:39:26 AM »

I think Lord B needs to do a new video, same 10 hilts, just pick the third one so we can see what he would have ended up with - no need to order, I'm just curious as to what the Force would have chosen for you Wink

Won't be the same third one now though :p

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2017, 09:55:44 AM »

Yeah I'm gonna do a video later uh, my time just to see what I would've ended up with as well Tongue Got ten hilts down I honestly don't really care to have so

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2017, 10:07:24 AM »

Won't be the same third one now though :p

Might be the Archon again, in which case it's clearly meant to be Smiley

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2017, 10:38:03 AM »

Yeah I'm gonna do a video later uh, my time just to see what I would've ended up with as well Tongue Got ten hilts down I honestly don't really care to have so

Anyone can just "do a video" but this thread is for following through with the challenge. Can I please request you keep this thread with videos of actual challenge entries and post it somewhere else? I don't want to sound like a complete d-bag, but the whole point of this thread is to actually DO this challenge from start to finish.

It just feels like a bit of an off topic hijack to post non entry videos in here when you don't actually NEED to make a video to satiate your curiosity.

Might be the Archon again, in which case it's clearly meant to be Smiley

Hahaha wouldn't that be GREAT!  Grin twice in a row

TR-77477
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -361

Join The Darkside ( We have cookies)

« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2017, 12:55:51 PM »

Here is my list of Ten.

Bellicose

Overlord

Bane

Catalyst

Dark Arbiter

Arbiter

Dark Catalyst

Monarch

Dark Monarch

Malice

I will make the video and post the results. I will use it for the next raffle I enter.

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Wish list---Consular--Flamberge V2--Omen

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB
Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR -- Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR

Gifted

Dominix V4--- Initiate V4---Graflex SE SD---Dark Apprentice v4 GB
Dark Standard issue CG at Dcon 2018---Six Mystery Boxes at dcon 2019

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2017, 01:01:39 PM »

Here is my list of Ten.

Bellicose

Overlord

Bane

Catalyst

Dark Arbiter

Arbiter

Dark Catalyst

Monarch

Dark Monarch

Malice

I will make the video and post the results. I will use it for the next raffle I enter.

Now THAT is an interesting list  Smiley

Do the video just before you place the order so that you don't allow yourself time to either back out, or get used to the idea of it before you get it. You gotta jump on the order immediately! Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: