Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestions on a replica lightsaber I want to make.  (Read 3421 times)
ACE_WINDU
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: March 19, 2014, 05:38:35 PM »

Hello everyone,

I am a huge Mace Windu fan (hence the username), ever since the book "Shatterbox" I have been stoked on this character. It has always been a dream to obtain a quality replica of Mace Windu's lightsaber, and now it is possible thanks to Ultrasabers. I ask you all suggestions on how I should construct this lightsaber, and why you chose curtain items. All suggestions will be taken into account, also I want to say ahead of time; thank you for replying. I appreciate it, and I will post pictures of the final product once I place the order/ receive the item in the mail.

Best regards!

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 11:46:37 PM »

It would be hard to make a replica of Mace's saber solely with US parts. He has a unique hilt with details that aren't on any of these sabers. You could try to get parts of it close, but making the whole thing may require multiple sources of parts.

The 97th Acolyte
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 93

Member of the Red Jedi Order

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 12:22:45 AM »

It would be hard to make a replica of Mace's saber solely with US parts. He has a unique hilt with details that aren't on any of these sabers. You could try to get parts of it close, but making the whole thing may require multiple sources of parts.

Or even custom parts. I haven't seen some parts of Mace Windu's saber anywhere really (haven't looked THAT hard, but pretty thorough). It will be an awesome thing to do though. I wish you all the best. Smiley

Raven VA - FOC Silver
Shock - FO
Manticore R+B Emerald
Dominix LE v3 - PO
Initiate LE v3 - AS
Liberator v3 Staff - SRD + CG
Dominix v2 Staff - RGB + BR

The Countess - Curved Custom
-
Behind the strangest of pretences can lie the best of things...

Kresnik
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 01:09:22 AM »

The only thing I would say is a Shock LE in VA

That is only close because he has a saber with gold tones to it and a purple blade.

I would say a PVC shroud and some other accents on the pommel would make it close but just an inspired hilt and that would be a lot of time and money

In order of favorite
Bellicose in PO w/ Obsidian
DSI vert grooves 4 ch Emerald  w/ Stunt
Guardian 2 Ch Emerald w/ Obsidian (1st Place Raffle prize)
Aeon V2 in CG Stunt (sort of modified)

jyn-toar
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 01:16:43 AM »

You could always order a hilt with MHS compatible pommel and emitter.  I know for a fact that there is another group that stocks an MHS emitter that looks just like Windu's.  After that it's a lot of sanding, painting, and trips to the local hardware store.  Smiley
Edit:
The emitter isn't an exact match, but it's close.  PM me if you would like to take a look at it.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 02:14:53 AM by jyn-toar » Logged

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 01:58:51 AM »

Please be carefull about using competitors names. You should word if More like this-

You could always order a hilt with MHS compatible pommel and emitter.  I know for a fact that The other guies stocks an MHS emitter that looks just like Windu's.  After that it's a lot of sanding, painting, and trips to the local hardware store.  Smiley
Edit:
The emitter isn't an exact match.  Here's the link
It is best to pm some one with the specific information

Also you cannot link to them at all the forum will not allow it
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 02:04:49 AM by Relan Tarel jedi kinght » Logged

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

jyn-toar
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 02:01:00 AM »

Ah, thank you, Relan!  I'm not the most experienced on these forums by any means; your constructive criticism is much appreciated!

Relan Tarel jedi kinght
Forge Technician
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 02:05:49 AM »

No harm no foul. Just look'n out

<a href="http://www.enjin.com/" alt="swtor guild hosting">[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/bbc902d3fb690dcb.png[/img][/url]
Custom saber-Vigilance

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 05:08:43 AM »

No worries about the link, it happens to many a new member.  One of the very few rules, no advertizing or linking to competitor's products or services.

Looks like the Chosen One SE has some of the elements...touch with gold accents.

Still a bit of a challenge...custom is the way to go fo'sure.

Light side points please Smiley

Darth Sihilious
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -10

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 03:28:35 AM »

I actually thought of doing a saber inspired by windu's, my idea was a shock le body, malice emitter no blades or "neck" and an undecided pommel, just throwing that idea out there Tongue

scraver
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 89

Force is in the application

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 03:41:45 AM »

You could, of course, buy a MR Windu and have it 'converted'.

Guardian with Sound (Emerald) and nickel plated shroud

Wish list:
Bunch of DIY bits. Cheesy

Kal-El
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 97

Demon with the face of an Angel

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2014, 08:47:26 AM »

No worries about the link, it happens to many a new member.  One of the very few rules, no advertizing or linking to competitor's products or services.

Looks like the Chosen One SE has some of the elements...touch with gold accents.

Still a bit of a challenge...custom is the way to go fo'sure.

this is very sexy! I have not seen a Graflex I wanted until the Chosen but this, thus is a must own! I would put this up next the Dooku hilt that is a current want as well.

Lightside points if any are given

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: