Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Grab bag question.  (Read 1932 times)
Aaric90
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 5

« on: February 14, 2020, 12:24:18 PM »

So on Jan3 I ordered my grab bag, haven't gotten it yet; but that isn't the point of this thread. I was sitting here thinking of what saber i could possibly get from it.
I already know it definitely won't be one of the $100+ sabers, but is it possible to get say an Aeon v4  or even Initiate v5 from a grab bag?
Or is it more likely that I'll end up receiving an initiate v2 or something in the 50-60 base range?

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 01:18:06 PM »

The Grabbag has a sabervalue of at least $70.
So it can be anyone of the sabers you mentioned. If the hiltprice is less then $70 they will have some upgrades, like different switch, maybe a bladeplug, etc.
If you do a quick forumsearch you'll find lots of people showcasing their grabbag of mysterybag pulls. You'll see alot of Aeons, Sentinels, Initiates and Apprentices. I haven't seen the v2 initiates as a grabbag.
Personally I've gotten a stunt Aeon v3 from a grabbag and a Sentinel v4 from a mysterybag. I got lucky cause the Sentinel came with sound. But I have seen some higher ranged hilts as a grabbag here on the forum as well.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Aaric90
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 01:30:06 PM »

The Grabbag has a sabervalue of at least $70.
So it can be anyone of the sabers you mentioned. If the hiltprice is less then $70 they will have some upgrades, like different switch, maybe a bladeplug, etc.
If you do a quick forumsearch you'll find lots of people showcasing their grabbag of mysterybag pulls. You'll see alot of Aeons, Sentinels, Initiates and Apprentices. I haven't seen the v2 initiates as a grabbag.
Personally I've gotten a stunt Aeon v3 from a grabbag and a Sentinel v4 from a mysterybag. I got lucky cause the Sentinel came with sound. But I have seen some higher ranged hilts as a grabbag here on the forum as well.

Oh boy, now that's really got me pumped and excited to get it. First saber, and honestly a lot of the 70-100 range look amazing, and will be buying another one in the near future; though I'd be building specifically. I'll have another look around the forum and see some of the recent grab bags!

TR-77477
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -361

Join The Darkside ( We have cookies)

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 01:54:46 PM »

I have ordered a lot of grab bags / mystery boxes in the past. when it comes to the grab bags I have received everything up to a dark standard issue. Mystery boxes "can" include more complex hilts or sound but you will receive a saber with more goodies, a possibility of ( AV switch, non standard color, blade plug).

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Wish list---Consular--Flamberge V2--Omen

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB
Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR -- Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR

Gifted

Dominix V4--- Initiate V4---Graflex SE SD---Dark Apprentice v4 GB
Dark Standard issue CG at Dcon 2018---Six Mystery Boxes at dcon 2019

Aaric90
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 02:09:53 PM »

I have ordered a lot of grab bags / mystery boxes in the past. when it comes to the grab bags I have received everything up to a dark standard issue. Mystery boxes "can" include more complex hilts or sound but you will receive a saber with more goodies, a possibility of ( AV switch, non standard color, blade plug).
Okay, that honestly would be great, though I won't hold my breath on getting an $85+, but that would be rather nice none the less!

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 03:03:43 PM »

Here's an article of someone buying 16 mystery boxes and calculating the actual value:
https://sabersourcing.com/2019/08/06/results-1200-ultrasabers-mystery-box-haul/

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Aaric90
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2020, 05:12:44 PM »

Here's an article of someone buying 16 mystery boxes and calculating the actual value:
https://sabersourcing.com/2019/08/06/results-1200-ultrasabers-mystery-box-haul/
Honestly, after that kind of review, it makes me want to get a mystery box in the near future rather than just the grab bag i ordered this time. Maybe after one of my next sabers. Thanks!

Melbourne0
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2020, 05:55:42 AM »

I recently bought 11 grab bags, here is what I received.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=44065.0

So on Jan3 I ordered my grab bag, haven't gotten it yet; but that isn't the point of this thread. I was sitting here thinking of what saber i could possibly get from it.
I already know it definitely won't be one of the $100+ sabers, but is it possible to get say an Aeon v4  or even Initiate v5 from a grab bag?
Or is it more likely that I'll end up receiving an initiate v2 or something in the 50-60 base range?

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2020, 11:57:09 PM »

Personally I've received a Dominix v3, a DSI, and a Liberator. Admittedly the last two were right when The Force Awakens was released and US was pretty much sold out of every hilt below a DSI, but still. The highest I've ever heard being received was a Bellicose, again right around when TFA was released. Prior to that I think the highest was a Prophecy.

Generally speaking you're going to see a lot of Initiate/Apprentice/Aeon/Dominix/Sentinel v3's and v4's. I don't know about how inclusive the v5's are.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Aaric90
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2020, 10:50:27 PM »

Personally I've received a Dominix v3, a DSI, and a Liberator. Admittedly the last two were right when The Force Awakens was released and US was pretty much sold out of every hilt below a DSI, but still. The highest I've ever heard being received was a Bellicose, again right around when TFA was released. Prior to that I think the highest was a Prophecy.

Generally speaking you're going to see a lot of Initiate/Apprentice/Aeon/Dominix/Sentinel v3's and v4's. I don't know about how inclusive the v5's are.
Honestly I'd be very happy to receive an Aeon, dominix or sentinel v3 or v4. Chances are though I'll get the apprentice in my grab bag. but we shall see. Should ship out today according to Anas email from friday. .

haydendavid380
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 31

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2020, 01:45:15 PM »

My current outstanding order has two grab bags with upgrade colors and a convertec added.

I'm curious to see if they actually install the wheel on a lower end hilt or just send a model that comes with one. It's a little experiment I'm doing, thought it'd be fun.

Lover of the light side

Aaric90
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2020, 05:30:50 PM »

My current outstanding order has two grab bags with upgrade colors and a convertec added.

I'm curious to see if they actually install the wheel on a lower end hilt or just send a model that comes with one. It's a little experiment I'm doing, thought it'd be fun.
When you get it please do update, I'm quite curious of the results. In other news, my saber finally shipped out. Or at least the label was printed. It's supposed to be here by saturday. I will be posting pics in this thread as well as in other thread to show it off. I'm so excited! Though I'd rather not get an initiate, but hey that's the risk I'm taking to get a grab bag for first purchase.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: