Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Perhaps beyond help  (Read 4263 times)
Abraxus
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -32

« on: July 29, 2012, 03:16:39 PM »

This probably belongs in CandianKnight's addition thread, but I wanted to address an aspect of saber addition that had not yet been touched on there.

I know that, sometime before the end of the year, I WILL be getting one more saber.  It is just a matter of which one.  My problem of late revolves around the fact that, every time I think I have made my decision about which one (complete with darn good reasons for choosing this model, vs. the other ones), I see a video review, or posted pictures, or even a written review of a saber other than the one I had my heart set on, and my steadfast commitment to the model of choice begins to waver, until I am going in a totally different direction.  So many wonderful sabers to choose from, and I want them all!

Don't pity me my indecisiveness, but instead applaud the richness of choices that cause my affliction.  Grin

My Collection
------------
Dark Prophecy (Consular Green)
Archon V2 (Blazing Red/Arctic Blue)
Raven (Violet Amethyst)
Initiate V3 (Guardian Blue)

LordBane10
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 3

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 03:28:20 PM »

I feel you. Tongue I have the same problem but I decided finally to go with the Bane since there is a new av switch option. Pics and a reveal video will be posted probably next week sometime is when I expect to get it. I'm getting the saber on Wednesday. =]

I love Ultra Sabers!
Sabers: Blazing Red Dominix V2 LE -Main saber-, Guadian Blue blue Liberator, Guardian Blue red Liberator, silver Consular Green Liberator. Orader- GB Bellicose Gold Button Obsidian!

Lord Cooler
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -80

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 03:31:32 PM »

Oh, I hear you there bro. Same thing happens to me, but with a slightly different twist.

I have a list of all the hilts I plan to buy, complete with colors and everything. The thing is, WHICH ONE IS NEXT. Do I want this one now? Or that one? Wait, what if that other one goes out of stock? What if a better hilt gets released? OH GOD SO MANY QUESTIONS.

And even then, I end up wavering on the hilt's specifics as well. Do I really want this color? Should I order a different FoC? Is this switch really right? ARGH MAKE IT STOP

The way I'm headed, I'll probably end up having all of them... And go bankrupt in the process Tongue

RGB Raven "Stalker"
BR Overlord "Doombringer"
GB Prophecy "Salvation"
BR Malice "Reaver"
SRD Bellicose "Protector"
DVA Dominix v3 LE "Corruption"
GB Raven "Azure"

Ravenseye8
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 03:44:07 PM »

I have the majority of their models as you can see in my sig, and I've had my hands on some of the rest as well.  Any questions you have, I'd be happy to try to answer.

Aeon v2 RGB
Archon v2 AB w/AS FoC*
Bane RGB*
Bellicose RGB*
Consular CG w/FO FoC*
Graflex SE GB w/AS FoC*
Guardian GB*
Overlord BR w/AS FoC*
Malice BR w/FO FoC*
Raven BR
Shock LE AB w/ AS FoC*
SI v2 GB
SI v2 blue anodized w/BR (grab bag)
SI v3 AS*
War Glaive Emitter (Dark)
*Obsidian

spn_phoenix_92
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 40

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 06:00:44 PM »

I've been the same way lately, I've got like 5 on my mind that I can't decide on. x)

I have the majority of their models as you can see in my sig, and I've had my hands on some of the rest as well.  Any questions you have, I'd be happy to try to answer.

This may be a little off topic, but I've noticed that you have the archon v2 and the malice, any way you could post a pic of the archon with the malice emitter and pommel? I've been asking around the forums for a week but no dice. It would be greatly appreciated  Grin

Customized Shock LE - FO + Obsidian/Old Republic Font
Manticore - FO + Ultimate FX Qui-Gon Soundboard
Customized Dark Initiate V3 - DVA/SRD FOC + Obsidian/Black Star Font

Ravenseye8
Knight Ensign

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 06:04:01 PM »

I've been the same way lately, I've got like 5 on my mind that I can't decide on. x)

This may be a little off topic, but I've noticed that you have the archon v2 and the malice, any way you could post a pic of the archon with the malice emitter and pommel? I've been asking around the forums for a week but no dice. It would be greatly appreciated  Grin

Sure, no problem.  It will be just a few days, as my Archon is with my friend for the week.  His kids are in town from the opposite coast, he's separated from the mother, and he wanted to show his kids, so I lent him the Aeon RGB and the Archon v2.  I will post the pics later in the week.  If I forget, just shoot me a pm. 

Aeon v2 RGB
Archon v2 AB w/AS FoC*
Bane RGB*
Bellicose RGB*
Consular CG w/FO FoC*
Graflex SE GB w/AS FoC*
Guardian GB*
Overlord BR w/AS FoC*
Malice BR w/FO FoC*
Raven BR
Shock LE AB w/ AS FoC*
SI v2 GB
SI v3 AS*
*Obsidian

haldir
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 32

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 01:20:07 AM »

^^are any of the sabers comparable in weight to the guardian? how about the bane, bellicose, and war glaive? are those all similar in weight and feel?

Ravenseye8
Knight Ensign

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 01:25:40 AM »

^^are any of the sabers comparable in weight to the guardian? how about the bane, bellicose, and war glaive? are those all similar in weight and feel?

Bane is as long, but doesn't feel as big as the Guardian.  They feel completely different in my opinion.  Bellicose is smaller than both and feels lighter and smaller.  I only have a War Glaive emitter, not the whole hilt, so I can't really answer that one.  When I have it on my Consular, which is my go to for the War Glaive, it feels a little top heavy, and very long, but insanely bad ass.  Hope that helps.

Aeon v2 RGB
Archon v2 AB w/AS FoC*
Bane RGB*
Bellicose RGB*
Consular CG w/FO FoC*
Graflex SE GB w/AS FoC*
Guardian GB*
Overlord BR w/AS FoC*
Malice BR w/FO FoC*
Raven BR
Shock LE AB w/ AS FoC*
SI v2 GB
SI v3 AS*
*Obsidian

Solinus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -209

Black Star Sabers

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 08:07:44 PM »

I have the same problems. I initially planned to get a Dark Shock, then at the last minute, changed my mind to an Overlord. I got that, then started planning for my next sabers. I know that I want a FO LED, but which hilt?!?! For a while, the Dark Shock went out of stock, so I was looking at others. My mind changed from the Guardian to the Shock LE, then went to several other sabers. Then the Dark Shock came back and I was ZOMG!

Now I have seen a picture of a Bellicose side by side with a Guardian and I am all messed up again. Sad

Control your fear. Give in to your hate. Let it guide you along the path and soon you shall find yourself... home.

**Dark Side points appreciated.**

spn_phoenix_92
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 40

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 09:04:47 PM »

I have the same problems. I initially planned to get a Dark Shock, then at the last minute, changed my mind to an Overlord. I got that, then started planning for my next sabers. I know that I want a FO LED, but which hilt?!?! For a while, the Dark Shock went out of stock, so I was looking at others. My mind changed from the Guardian to the Shock LE, then went to several other sabers. Then the Dark Shock came back and I was ZOMG!

Now I have seen a picture of a Bellicose side by side with a Guardian and I am all messed up again. Sad

I think the Shock LE is best for FO, I got mine and it's amazing. Here's my review for it.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=4537.0

Customized Shock LE - FO + Obsidian/Old Republic Font
Manticore - FO + Ultimate FX Qui-Gon Soundboard
Customized Dark Initiate V3 - DVA/SRD FOC + Obsidian/Black Star Font

Darth Dau Kho
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -43

Darkside points please

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 10:56:52 PM »

What is your favorite hilt?

BR SI, GB Dark Initiate v3, CG Dark Initiate v3, GB Archon v2 Obsidian, AS Custom Aeon v2, AB Dark Initiate v3, VA Dark Initiate v3, VA Initiate v2

Ravenseye8
Knight Ensign

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 11:39:03 PM »

What is your favorite hilt?

Ooh, the tough question, I like it. I'm going to say it is between these three:

Consular, Bellicose, Archon v2

and stop there.  Every time I try to narrow it further, I end up arguing with myself, haha.  Even now I'm fighting the urge to add the Bane and Graflex and give you a whole handful.  They're all great, though, really.

Aeon v2 RGB
Archon v2 AB w/AS FoC*
Bane RGB*
Bellicose RGB*
Consular CG w/FO FoC*
Graflex SE GB w/AS FoC*
Guardian GB*
Overlord BR w/AS FoC*
Malice BR w/FO FoC*
Raven BR
Shock LE AB w/ AS FoC*
SI v2 GB
SI v3 AS*
*Obsidian

Darth Dau Kho
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -43

Darkside points please

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 11:57:08 PM »

Ooh, the tough question, I like it. I'm going to say it is between these three:

Consular, Bellicose, Archon v2

and stop there.  Every time I try to narrow it further, I end up arguing with myself, haha.  Even now I'm fighting the urge to add the Bane and Graflex and give you a whole handful.  They're all great, though, really.

What can you tell me about the archon and belli?

BR SI, GB Dark Initiate v3, CG Dark Initiate v3, GB Archon v2 Obsidian, AS Custom Aeon v2, AB Dark Initiate v3, VA Dark Initiate v3, VA Initiate v2

Killic
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2012, 12:06:51 AM »

, I end up arguing with myself, haha. 

Arguing with yourself is healthy(as long as it is not out loud).  Shocked

Sabers: FO  Dominix V2 aka Torch
              FO Dominix V3 aka Flame Brand

Ravenseye8
Knight Ensign

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 01:37:33 AM »

Sure, no problem.  It will be just a few days, as my Archon is with my friend for the week.  His kids are in town from the opposite coast, he's separated from the mother, and he wanted to show his kids, so I lent him the Aeon RGB and the Archon v2.  I will post the pics later in the week.  If I forget, just shoot me a pm.  

Hey, I totally forgot about this, sorry Pheonix.  On the off chance you're still looking for this, here are the pics:

Aeon v2 RGB
Archon v2 AB w/AS FoC*
Bane RGB*
Bellicose RGB*
Consular CG w/FO FoC*
Graflex SE GB w/AS FoC*
Guardian GB*
Overlord BR w/AS FoC*
Malice BR w/FO FoC*
Raven BR
Shock LE AB w/ AS FoC*
SI v2 GB