Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 95   Go Down
Author Topic: **Mystery Box** What did you get???  (Read 382164 times)
Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #480 on: September 24, 2017, 05:08:38 AM »

Bought my 17 year old son a $75 mystery box saber here at Salt Lake Comic Con. He had to leave early and head back to the hotel room because all the noise and crowds had worn him out (he has Central Auditory Processing Disorder), so kind of similar to autism but without being autistic. It was awesome watching him open it up in the hotel room where none of us knew what it would be and lo and behold it was a SENTINEL with a windowed emitter, V3 Obsidian Premium Sound, midgrade ultraedge blade, silver non-illuminated AV switch, blade retention screw wrench, regular vented pommel with a Blazing Red LED. That's a $231 saber for $75! Heckuva deal! Got to tell Emory thank you in person and wished him well on their journey back to Texas.  Smiley

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Bluelightsaber
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 51

« Reply #481 on: September 24, 2017, 10:34:12 AM »

Cheesy

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #482 on: September 24, 2017, 01:03:40 PM »

Lovely pair of sabers Bluelightsaber

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #483 on: September 24, 2017, 05:59:10 PM »

Bought my 17 year old son a $75 mystery box saber here at Salt Lake Comic Con. He had to leave early and head back to the hotel room because all the noise and crowds had worn him out (he has Central Auditory Processing Disorder), so kind of similar to autism but without being autistic. It was awesome watching him open it up in the hotel room where none of us knew what it would be and lo and behold it was a SENTINEL with a windowed emitter, V3 Obsidian Premium Sound, midgrade ultraedge blade, silver non-illuminated AV switch, blade retention screw wrench, regular vented pommel with a Blazing Red LED. That's a $231 saber for $75! Heckuva deal! Got to tell Emory thank you in person and wished him well on their journey back to Texas.  Smiley
The Force served your son VERY well with that saber.
Sorry to hear that he had to leave early, but I fully understand

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #484 on: September 25, 2017, 07:37:48 PM »

That's awesome LB. Great score.

Cheesy

Some nice sabers there.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #485 on: September 25, 2017, 09:09:09 PM »

Great pic of your sabers blue!

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Darth Kanbis
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -14

...THE FORCE shall free me

« Reply #486 on: September 25, 2017, 09:27:07 PM »

Cheesy

That right there is actually an Apprentice LE V4. The Sentinel is a bit longer of a hilt. Still a great pull!

Initiate LE V4 Obsidian Lite Violet Amethyst Silver FoC
Consular Obsidian Lite Consular Green

Bluelightsaber
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 51

« Reply #487 on: September 25, 2017, 10:42:10 PM »

That right there is actually an Apprentice LE V4. The Sentinel is a bit longer of a hilt. Still a great pull!

Yep they came with my order for a Sentinel. I actually like the Apprentice much better.

How do I tell the difference between Tri arctic blue and Tri guardian blue?

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #488 on: September 25, 2017, 10:44:32 PM »

Tri-arctic blue will have 2 blue leds and one green,  Tri-guardian blue has 3 blue leds.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Darth Kanbis
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -14

...THE FORCE shall free me

« Reply #489 on: September 25, 2017, 11:56:31 PM »

Yep they came with my order for a Sentinel. I actually like the Apprentice much better.

How do I tell the difference between Tri arctic blue and Tri guardian blue?

Oh my bad for some reason I thought your post and Lord's post above yours was all one post Roll Eyes Durrr

Initiate LE V4 Obsidian Lite Violet Amethyst Silver FoC
Consular Obsidian Lite Consular Green

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #490 on: September 26, 2017, 02:42:57 PM »

Two more $75 sabers arrived today. A CG Apprentice with windows and AV, and a BR Apprentice LE with windows and AV.

That brings me to 4 Apprentices from Mystery boxes now, one with sound from a $200 box and three stunts from $75 boxes. Add that to the two Dark Apprentice LEs I bought specifically for a staff for someone, and my own personal Apprentice LE and you have one hell of a collection of fine hilts Cool

I've been building up these Mystery Box hilts for presents and now:

Grin Grin Grin Grin

I do have to say though, the LE in either Dark or Light has a much nicer grip. I don't like the "standard" version as much as the LE. Just in case no one has ever noticed the difference or doesn't have both to compare

You can see the standard version ridges are rounded, and then the machining to take back the anodizing for the LE version gives them a flat grip area instead.

Isola's top tip: Pay the extra couple buck to get the LE. They look better and feel better!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #491 on: September 26, 2017, 03:11:56 PM »

Two more $75 sabers arrived today. A CG Apprentice with windows and AV, and a BR Apprentice LE with windows and AV.

That brings me to 4 Apprentices from Mystery boxes now, one with sound from a $200 box and three stunts from $75 boxes. Add that to the two Dark Apprentice LEs I bought specifically for a staff for someone, and my own personal Apprentice LE and you have one hell of a collection of fine hilts Cool

I've been building up these Mystery Box hilts for presents and now:

Grin Grin Grin Grin

I do have to say though, the LE in either Dark or Light has a much nicer grip. I don't like the "standard" version as much as the LE. Just in case no one has ever noticed the difference or doesn't have both to compare

You can see the standard version ridges are rounded, and then the machining to take back the anodizing for the LE version gives them a flat grip area instead.

Isola's top tip: Pay the extra couple buck to get the LE. They look better and feel better!

Stop it!  You're making me want to buy a $75 Mystery Box in hopes that I'll get an Apprentice, when I know the logical course would be to just buy one.  Tongue  (knowing my luck, I'd get another Sentinel or Aeon in the box and wish I'd just bought the Apprentice)

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #492 on: September 26, 2017, 03:25:11 PM »

well, buy a box and if you get an Aeon or sentinel.....just send it my way.
I got a crew that could use one. lol

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #493 on: September 26, 2017, 03:36:23 PM »

well, buy a box and if you get an Aeon or sentinel.....just send it my way.
I got a crew that could use one. lol

Ha!  Nicely played, that sounds like something I'd say.  Cheesy  I'm probably just going to order an empty Apprentice LE one of these days, so that I know I'm getting what I want.  It's just the sheer number I've seen pulled from Mystery Boxes gets me thinking.  Wink

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #494 on: September 26, 2017, 08:07:03 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Point.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 95   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: