Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: First Ultrasaber Video Review - Prophecy V3  (Read 5652 times)
Stone37
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 82

« on: July 12, 2016, 06:27:08 PM »

Hello SaberForum!  I'm excited to share my very first video review of my very first custom lightsaber!  I present to you my beautiful Prophecy V3:

Prophecy V3 - Stunt
Guardian Blue
32" UltraEdge Midgrade blade
Standard Blade Plug
Ordered July 2016

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE9cszsrt3s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE9cszsrt3s</a>

« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 06:52:52 PM by Admiral Snackbar » Logged

Stone37
Knight Officer

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 06:49:40 PM »

Other thoughts:

I have always wanted a custom lightsaber and turned every broom handle and cardboard tube into one as a kid.  When I got older, I got involved in a Japanese sword art (Iado) and competed in Kendo.  I have traveled the world and have had several custom katana forged for me.  When I finally decided to order a custom lightsaber, I chose Ultrasabers.  It was a great decision and I love the saber!

What I wanted more than anything was a lightsaber that felt like a katana but looked like it was a part of Star Wars.  The Prophecy v3 fits that bill.  The grip is a perfect hand and a half in size (same as a katana) and it's center of balance is the same as a well crafted Katana.  This makes it perfect to practice Kendo and Iado with when I feel like being more of a Jedi than a Samurai. 

Showing off the perfect hand and a half grip hilt.

I've already caused a few heads to turn with it and expect some of my students to show up with one in the near future looking to spare!

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 09:03:56 PM »

Thanks for the review! I just learned something new from your beautiful saber. Yours have two windows letting the LED color out. Mine has two windows also but only the top one closer to the emitter shines through. I guess maybe that's because mine has sound (Obsidian v4) so perhaps the sound card needs more space, thus pushing the LED farther up, so leaving only one window for the LED to shine through.

Congratz.

Calculon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 435

We Will Win!

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 09:56:50 PM »

Thanks for the review! I just learned something new from your beautiful saber. Yours have two windows letting the LED color out. Mine has two windows also but only the top one closer to the emitter shines through. I guess maybe that's because mine has sound (Obsidian v4) so perhaps the sound card needs more space, thus pushing the LED farther up, so leaving only one window for the LED to shine through.

Congratz.

I was just about to make the same observation only I thought maybe they had adjusted the build to rest the led near or on the switch. Not a problem unless youre a heavy stabber lol. Thrust attacks aside, worth the risk for that extra accent.

Shelf Queen or dueling blade Stone? Have fun and Congrats! Great choice.

edit: duh... Points for the vid!

The Wolfpack Lives!

Stone37
Knight Officer

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 11:32:02 PM »

I was just about to make the same observation only I thought maybe they had adjusted the build to rest the led near or on the switch. Not a problem unless youre a heavy stabber lol. Thrust attacks aside, worth the risk for that extra accent.

Shelf Queen or dueling blade Stone? Have fun and Congrats! Great choice.

edit: duh... Points for the vid!

I noticed in many of the review videos I watched that one of the windows did not light up as well.  I was delighted to se that both of mine did!  I'm hoping it is an adjustment that US did on the design, as I'm sure people with sound would like both of theirs to light up as well.  It is my favorite part of the design!  Maybe Someone from US can weigh in on this?

This one will be a Shelf Qeen most of the time, but I can't keep myself from taking it down and playing with it.  It's just too much fun to let sit there!  Every Halloween I turn my garage into a haunted house.  My friends loved my Prophecy so much, they are ordering their own sabers!  We're already planing a Luke vs Darth Vader themed haunted house...   Grin

Gamble
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -254

Evil Only Has One Face

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 11:33:15 PM »

You are absolutely 100% right it is an amazing light saber not just saying that because I own one it's the truth a must have for anyones collection I enjoyed watching your review you had a lot of good points great job and good luck

Guardian CE W/Obsidian V4 - Guardian Blue
Prophecy V3 W/Obsidian Lite - Arctic Blue
Consular W/Obsidian V4 - Consular Green
Sentinel V4 W/Windows Stunt - Fire Orange

Dark Helmet
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -55

JOIN THE DARK SIDE

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 12:39:48 AM »

Great choice liked the video good job...

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 02:19:08 AM »

Awesome choice!  I'm a huge fan of that saber, use the Dark version myself a whole lot.  Definitely my favorite US hilt overall.

AWellDoneSteak
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 15

Being fat only makes my strikes heavier!

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 05:42:08 AM »

Great review! You did a good job at bringing out a new found sense of elegance that I didn't have about that hilt prior to watching your review. And you're right no camera can capture the sheer beauty of these sabers!

Sabers so far:
1.) Consular Hilt in Consular green(Obsidian V4)
2.) Manticore Hilt in Blazing Red(Obsidian V4)

StarWarsForce
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -106

Light or Dark Points? You choose!

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 05:58:28 AM »

Nice Review! I like your insights as a wielder of Katanas. Congrats! You're making me want one!

Sabers I own (in order of how I got them):
Dominix LE V4--AS--Stunt
Consular--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Manticore CE--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Crimson Reaper--Tri AS--V4 Sound (Free Premium GB)
Dark War Glaive Body/Crimson Reaper Emitter/Crimson Mantis Pommel Mix--BR--Stunt (Free Premium GB)
Dark Prophecy V3--DVA--V4 Sound
Initiate LE V4--CG--Lite Sound (2nd Summer Raffle Win, 4th Prize, 2016)

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2016, 11:25:21 AM »

Great review Stone!

The Prophecies really are an amazingly comfortable hilt.  I just got mine as well, and can't get over it.

Thanks for doing that katana side-by-side.  That was cool. Smiley

+1

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Stone37
Knight Officer

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2016, 04:44:19 PM »

Thanks for watching my review and the kind words!  For those thinking about getting a Prophecy, I hope I've convinced you.  Even without the blade attached, it screams Star Wars!  I love it so much, I might end up buying a Dark Prophecy as my second saber (with sound this time).

And again, those still shopping for their first saber, don't fret over a smaller budget.  I love this saber even without upgrades or sound. 

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2016, 07:00:57 PM »

Hi Stone37.  Really enjoyed your video, photo, Prophecy review and comparison to a katana.   +1 point   Smiley

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2030

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2016, 04:01:22 PM »

Nice. I noticed that too in 32 inch blades the light travels more throughout. I have a 32 inch blade now on my Overlord and actually prefer it on that saber

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Stone37
Knight Officer

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2016, 01:25:50 PM »

I believe I have solved the mystery of why some of the older emitter windows on the Prophecy V3 do not light!

You will notice that the one on the right has the windows drilled at respective equal distance from the edge of the area they are in.  Mine (and other new ones I've seen pictures of) is not like this.  The second (the window closest to the power button and furthest from the shroud) IS NOT an equal respective distance away from the center section as the window highest up is from the shroud.  It appears that US has just moved that window a little further up the hilt to insure it is a part of the blade cavity.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: