Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
Author Topic: Can we have some LOVE for Ultrasabers xXx  (Read 17101 times)
Robyn_Goodfellow
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 155

« on: February 07, 2020, 10:03:05 AM »

OK firstly I want to acknowledge that people are frustrated and disappointed with the current situation with processing times and communication.
I myself am in the same situation BUT all the negative talk about US is really getting me down. And TBH it’s making the wait a hell of a lot harder.

At the end of the day US want you to be happy as they want you repeat custom,  I am sure they are trying their best to fulfill you order. They are just overwhelmed

SO can we share some US love?
Let’s remember why we ordered such an awesome product - ITS A FRIKKEN LIGHTSABER!!!
How amazing is that. Just think a little bit of a delay for all the hours of duelling spinning or just running round your house dressed as a Jedi/sith (whatever floats your boat!)

So please share your proud photos and heroic stories of you and your US lightsaber.. let’s spread some joy and excitement.

I can tell you as a 46 year old woman who discovered Ultrasabers late November 2019. The shear joy of welding an US lightsaber took me back to when I was a very small child coming out of the cinema after seeing Star Wars for the very first time.

At the beginning of December I purchased a load of US mystery boxes for our vow renewal. Everyone who attended (don’t get too excited there were only 15 of us) had a saber and everyone had an epic time, we literally spent all weekend duelling in a Tudor Manor House.

I’m waiting on - a diamond Flamberge CE, a diamond Manticore a stunt Flamberge (so I can practice spinning without trashing the one with the diamond driver) and two mystery boxes... IM SO FRIKKEN EXCITED. I’ve never owned a saber with a diamond driver before and I can’t wait. I’m going to make myself a Kylo Ren inspired costume and am planning to go to my first ever convention. I feel like a kid again xXx

Tazflyr
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 142

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 12:25:08 PM »

My backyard slopes too much and has too many flower beds in it so we muck about with our sabers in the front driveway.  (Yall don't hate on the flower beds...more of those=less grass to cut!) Anyway, the 4th or so night we were out there dueling, we noticed there was an audience! Even the folks from the shops across the street had come out to watch. lol   Cars were slowing down to check things out; we had a few smart ass comments but overall, everyone was quite curious & friendly.  It was nice to have people in the neighborhood hang out together for awhile and of course we let them try their hand with the sabers. Even got to give out 2 of those coupons US sends to you when you place an order. It was a fun evening and just goes to show ya...doesn't matter the age, just about everyone out there can enjoying swinging a saber around! (Especially if it has cool colors and sound!)

Anyone else have a story to share?

Aeon LE v4, Guardian Blue (Mystery Box)
Dark Sentinel v5 (Emerald)
The Fallen, Bane's Heart
Grandmaster, Diamond
SI Battle saber, SRD
Dark Apprentice LEv4, Red

Wish List
Emperor's Hand
Azure Savior & Butcher
Dominix v3

When I die, don't let my wife sell my sabers & guitars for what I told her I paid for them, please.

Drumheller
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 12:38:47 PM »

I just got three sabers with two more on the way. The part that is killing me is I have to hide them until my son's birthday on the 25th. I did check them out and they sure do beat the broom sticks we used as kids.

Remember pillage first, then burn!

Light side points please.

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2020, 12:51:04 PM »

I have been active in saber collecting for over 5 years now and in other discussions I always hear "Ultrasabers is a good starter but once you try them you like xxxxx better."  I have several xxxxx sabers, mostly just one from any given brand and Ultrasabers  is the only ones i go back to again and again. I have over 20. I am an "open carry" person and have one on my belt whenever I leave home. So many outside here go on about the size of Ultrasabers  when that's part of what makes them great. Who buys sabers to be discrete. Ultrasabers are big. They're flashy and noticeable.  I have had people start conversations asking me about them at traffic lights when i wore my Mantis while riding my motorcycle. I have had cops sit down and pull out their phones to take a video when i started duels in the street. I have even used Ultrasabers to hold up as a beacon calling my group back together when driving for and chaperoning my daughters grade school field trips. The teachers loved that one, especially at the Museum of Science and Nature. They are by far the funnest big kid , and small kid, toys I have ever owned.

And when people who don't  get it compare them to Flashlights that makes it even better. My first ever Lightsaber was for halloween in 1977, an industrial grade plastic flashlight with a specially cut threaded ring and a sanded acrylic rod made for me by my father so I could dress as Darth Vader while my sister was Leia. So yes when I pick up my great big  Crimson Scorpion I feel like a 4 year old galactic overlord all over again.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Robyn_Goodfellow
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2020, 05:54:00 PM »

I agree- I can’t imagine anyone NOT enjoying playing with a lightsaber
My backyard slopes too much and has too many flower beds in it so we muck about with our sabers in the front driveway.  (Yall don't hate on the flower beds...more of those=less grass to cut!) Anyway, the 4th or so night we were out there dueling, we noticed there was an audience! Even the folks from the shops across the street had come out to watch. lol   Cars were slowing down to check things out; we had a few smart ass comments but overall, everyone was quite curious & friendly.  It was nice to have people in the neighborhood hang out together for awhile and of course we let them try their hand with the sabers. Even got to give out 2 of those coupons US sends to you when you place an order. It was a fun evening and just goes to show ya...doesn't matter the age, just about everyone out there can enjoying swinging a saber around! (Especially if it has cool colors and sound!)

I agree! No one can resist the joy a lightsaber brings!!

Robyn_Goodfellow
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 05:56:37 PM »

And when people who don't  get it compare them to Flashlights that makes it even better. My first ever Lightsaber was for halloween in 1977, an industrial grade plastic flashlight with a specially cut threaded ring and a sanded acrylic rod made for me by my father so I could dress as Darth Vader while my sister was Leia. So yes when I pick up my great big  Crimson Scorpion I feel like a 4 year old galactic overlord all over again.

Me too! Wielding a lightsaber makes me feel young and epically awesome!

haydendavid380
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 31

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 06:40:58 PM »

Back in the early-mid 90's I can distinctly remember being hot stuff at school with my red Mag light and bath robe for costume days in 3rd or 4th grade. The most powerful jedi in my class.

I wish I still had that flash light. I just recently found out they make kits now to turn them into stunt sabers.

Lover of the light side

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 09:29:38 PM »

Me too! Wielding a lightsaber makes me feel young and epically awesome!
I don't even need to wield. I just like clipping one to my belt and walking around doing regular everyday stuff. Going shopping, walking the dog. When riding the train, the kids get a particular charge. I like using sabers to divine where the nerds in the community are.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -40

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2020, 09:45:08 PM »

I agree with you, Robyn... let's get things back to 'waiting excitedly'.

I've been a Vader fan before it was popular, but never had the $ (or inkling) to get a saber.  Even when the fancier Official Lucas ones started coming out.  Last December, I got my first SW-related costume, a knock-off of the Dark Ani (since it was the last Skywalker movie)   Sadly, no one else at the theater my buddies and I went to for opening night were dressed up.   Nonetheless, I thought I was missing something... and started combing the net for custom sabers.

Came here in Dec, priced out a bunch of sabers, but missed the 15% off deal because I hemmed and hawed.  Went the gamut from "just start with a cheap $75" deal from Amazon to "Yeah, I need... no, really, NEED, this Dominicide" to "oh, and I might as well go for broke and get that Diamond board"

No photos yet, probably not for a few weeks... but yeah, US definitely bit off more than they could chew with back-to-back-to-back promotions when fandom hit an all-time high in popularity.

Dark Side here, Grey in RPGs
(Order#1 - Ordered 1/27/20 - Arrived 3/12/20)
* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)
* Diamond Dark Apprentice LE v5 for the 10yo Padawan
* Stunt Aeon LE v3 - Blazing Red (FreeMysteryBox) for the missus
* Stunt Initiate v2 - Guardian Blue (FreeInitiate) for the 7yo Youngling
(Order #2 - Ordered 5/17/20 - Arrived 9/13/20)
* Stunt Dark Overlord - Consular Green ($75 Mystery Box)
* Yari (Pike) Extension with 16" UEHG
* Silver Vented QR Coupler

Robyn_Goodfellow
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2020, 10:03:39 PM »

I agree with you, Robyn... let's get things back to 'waiting excitedly'.

Definitely. All the stress and worry takes the shine off the purchase of such a magical item!

Lol - I think my husband is dreading me getting the Flamberge. I’ve already given myself a black eye trying to spin my dark sentinel v4... I’m not known for my grace and dexterity. But I am famous for my skill at falling over from standing still and walking into door frames (open and closed).

I can’t wait to terrorise the husband and cats with the Flamberge  Grin

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2020, 10:08:05 PM »

Go big. Get the Renegade.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -40

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2020, 10:13:44 PM »

Definitely. All the stress and worry takes the shine off the purchase of such a magical item!
Lol - I think my husband is dreading me getting the Flamberge. I’ve already given myself a black eye trying to spin my dark sentinel v4... I’m not known for my grace and dexterity. But I am famous for my skill at falling over from standing still and walking into door frames (open and closed).

I've been watching Michelle Christa Smith, Darth Cephalus, and other spinners on YT... going to make my own wooden dowel props based on MCS's video to learn to spin without risking gouging my eyes out with those claws on my soon-to-be dominicide.  Oh, and also Shadiversity for fun fight breakdowns.  Lots to learn.  now, to find a private place to practice

Dark Side here, Grey in RPGs
(Order#1 - Ordered 1/27/20 - Arrived 3/12/20)
* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)
* Diamond Dark Apprentice LE v5 for the 10yo Padawan
* Stunt Aeon LE v3 - Blazing Red (FreeMysteryBox) for the missus
* Stunt Initiate v2 - Guardian Blue (FreeInitiate) for the 7yo Youngling
(Order #2 - Ordered 5/17/20 - Arrived 9/13/20)
* Stunt Dark Overlord - Consular Green ($75 Mystery Box)
* Yari (Pike) Extension with 16" UEHG
* Silver Vented QR Coupler

Wamp Rat
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2020, 04:31:38 AM »

Robyn, I couldn't agree with you more. They're obviously swamped from not only the holidays, but also the interest caused by Rise Of Skywalker and then the purchases for the entries of the Winter Raffle. Folks really need to just give them a break. It's not like they're intentionally dodging calls and trying to hold onto someone's merchandise. They're just completely swamped. Folks should also realize that making a custom saber takes longer than just a seventy five dollar stunt saber. Personally. I decided to order my mystery boxes separate from my custom saber. I figured that this way I could have my mystery boxes delivered sooner and didn't have to wait for the custom saber to be finished. As such, I ordered on the Thursday right before the Winter Raffle and they arrived on the following Monday. I mean, how awesome is that? So hang in there folks!

BTW: Awesome collection Robyn. You folks must have had a total blast at your vow renewal.

DarthRoussel
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2020, 05:39:52 AM »

I’m not seeing hate.   Just a lot of fear. These sabers are not cheap and with no communication ppl are scared they won’t get what they paid for.  This is the only place they can come for info. 

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2020, 08:33:27 AM »

Fear lead to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. Much fear I see in them.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff