Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Custom saber: Inheritor  (Read 2715 times)
JediGuardian18
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 22

« on: May 28, 2012, 05:29:15 PM »

Hey guys. So for the past few weeks I have been working my butt off and selling some of my old sabers that I don't use anymore in order to create my very own lightsaber. I feel as if you are not a true master of our little hobby until you build your own. TCSS is my main destination for all parts so all everything regarding the hilt, wiring, electronics, etc are coming from there. Everything should finally be done by Thursday evening if all goes well and my remaining parts arrive on time. If anyone is interested in seeing the finished product, please feel free to check back and keep up with this thread. I love opinions and comments so until Thursday when my first custom build will be complete! Cheesy
Tech Specs: Inheritor
Royal Blue Luxeon Rebel Star.
Petit Crouton Soundboard 2.0 + LED Driver
Powered by 2 14500 Lithium Ion cells.

JediGuardian18
Sabers:
Aeon LE v3: Guardian Blue, AV switch, Obsidian
Dark Liberator v3: Dark Violet Amethyst: Obsidian
Dark Initiate v2: Adegan Silver
Inheritor: Amber, Deep Red, Royal Blue: Petit Crouton 2.0

Please give force points! It doesn't matter whether they are light or dark Smiley

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 153

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2012, 11:20:54 PM »

Sounds like a beauty! can't wait to see it Cheesy

JediGuardian18
Knight Ensign

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 03:38:10 AM »

The hilt parts are done being machined. I should have them on time. Unfortunately, the soundboard didn't ship so I wont be done until Friday or Saturday. However, I can get some pictures of the completed hilt in a day or two.

JediGuardian18
Sabers:

Please give force points! It doesn't matter whether they are light or dark Smiley

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 06:46:30 AM »

More pictures makes everyone happy.  I love Saber forum!!!!!

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 09:18:09 AM »

More pictures makes everyone happy.  I love Saber forum!!!!!

What he said lol

JediGuardian18
Knight Ensign

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2012, 04:23:22 PM »

I jumped right into building yesterday, however I quickly found that there was a problem regarding the LED placement and the emitter. Looks like a measurement is slightly off on the LED or the LED got damaged so it doesn't fit where it is supposed to be. I shipped back the emitter and the LED for fixing so I have no idea when I can actually get started and work until completion! Sad

JediGuardian18
Sabers:

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2012, 05:27:08 PM »

Welcome to what my life has been like for the past month!! frustrating as all hell

Ive been getting things together for some re - builds and have had many issues, I know your pain.

JediGuardian18
Knight Ensign

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 02:08:01 AM »

Unfortunately for me I am still waiting on the blade holder and heat sink! I had problems with the blade too. I really hope to have my parts by the end of the week! Please have the parts by the end of the week! This has been a saber that has been waiting a month and a week now! Come on parts!

JediGuardian18
Sabers:

JediGuardian18
Knight Ensign

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 02:24:09 AM »

I actually just got the whole speaker and wires to finally fit in the hilt so awesome! Cheesy Just waiting on the parts that were damaged and then it will officially be a lightsaber and then pics!

JediGuardian18
Sabers:

jmPlagueis
Knight Commander

Saber Tinkerer

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 09:27:37 AM »

SCORE!

I can sympathize with you though because the AV switch thats going in my GF's saber broke on me lastnight when I was working on it and Ive blown several accent LEDS Tongue so I had to order new parts as well.

JediGuardian18
Knight Ensign

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 02:36:44 AM »

Saber parts got here today! I build the rest of the saber! I turn it on! Sound, but no light. I check the LED. Wires were damaged somehow. Sad I am full of bad luck with this saber.

JediGuardian18
Sabers:

DarthCooper88
11th Disciple of Masamune
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -248

Old-world crafstman, Sabersmith

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2012, 02:56:56 AM »

You have to be real careful with the heat sink LED setup from TCSS, if you can hold the module in place while screwing in the blade holder, your good. Other wise the wires twist & break very easily (yes guys I've destroyed a few expensive parts myself) I found the easiest way to deal with the LED is to have the wires & unit together with the blade holder & then wire it to your board last with quick disconnects (if you have very limited room, these Dean's micro connectors Rock!  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Deans-1222-Micro-2R-Plugs-Connectors-Red-Polarized-Mini-Monster-Baja-New-/290719301011?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43b0387d93

"You have been forged in fire, tempered in blood & come out steel" Brave Rifles! 3rd Armored Cavalr

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: