Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Ultimate FX Lightsaber  (Read 22581 times)
Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 11:26:42 AM »

i would never buy one of these. if im to get a lightsaber. Ultrasabers is where ill be Smiley
those are just so futile now.

I'll buy one so I can put the soundboard IN my Ultrasaber!  Bwahahahaha!

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 07:48:02 PM »

so true! i wonder if ultra could convert one of these plastic ones to make it ultra cool!

navajas
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -19

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 10:45:10 PM »

Folks, Ultra Sabers are weapons and sporting equipment that happen to be cool enough to be rock on nerd toys. These new Hasbro deals are just fun toys. There's a time and place. For instance, I'll be amazed if I get past next Christmas without at least one of these under the tree. They light up, make whooshy sounds. Fun. My six year old might be past them but the little guy will love them. And then when they fight and his breaks it'll have run its course!

BB guns are still fun even with all that hardware under my bed, eh what?

LE Initiate - Green (for my son)
FreeSaber Archon - Red (for my other son)
Nickel Prophecy - Arctic Blue (for my Mom)
Initiate V3 LE - Destiny (for my wife)
Bane RGB - white FoC (for my brother)
Vermathax - Yellow / Silver / Purple, custom
Archon V2 - Green (amber FoC, *goodies)

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2011, 03:44:56 AM »

I wonder if the econo boards would fit it a liberator??  If it does, this would cause me to get a liberator.

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 154

I will remember you brothers and sisters, Always.

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 07:34:28 PM »

well a clear line is drawn here, this is a toy.  i dont know if they intended it for super rough play, but i think it's good for just looks and show, and obviously doesnt suit jedis and sith like us for the kinda combat we do.  for the price and the material of it, i'd say its just good for showing off, and comparing it to ultrasabers is kinda unfair, as, again, these are toys, and ultrasabers have a more specific use and are works of art.  its good for showing off, and bantha fodder for the kids.

the scrolling effect is nice, but the led's in the blade are very visible up close.  and i dont know if its just me, but in my experience with these blades, does it seem like it's in a demo mode?  i push the button, it powers up, humms, does a couple clashes, then powers down.  then it might power up again.  kinda erratic. is it in demo mode?

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia
Drk Initiate V2 LE AS Redemption
Drk Initiate V3 LE GB Hope
Bellicose DVA AB  Lumineux

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 08:06:52 PM »

well a clear line is drawn here, this is a toy.  i dont know if they intended it for super rough play, but i think it's good for just looks and show, and obviously doesnt suit jedis and sith like us for the kinda combat we do.  for the price and the material of it, i'd say its just good for showing off, and comparing it to ultrasabers is kinda unfair, as, again, these are toys, and ultrasabers have a more specific use and are works of art.  its good for showing off, and bantha fodder for the kids.

the scrolling effect is nice, but the led's in the blade are very visible up close.  and i dont know if its just me, but in my experience with these blades, does it seem like it's in a demo mode?  i push the button, it powers up, humms, does a couple clashes, then powers down.  then it might power up again.  kinda erratic. is it in demo mode?

Yeah in the store they have a demo mode activated, I was wondering the same thing when I bought it.  Artorius and I popped it open and changed it over no problem... right before opening the saber and taking its sound board!  Bwahahaha!

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 154

I will remember you brothers and sisters, Always.

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2011, 08:28:48 PM »

hummm, if only i were more technologically inclined, i would strip mine it's guts too.

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia
Drk Initiate V2 LE AS Redemption
Drk Initiate V3 LE GB Hope
Bellicose DVA AB  Lumineux

Dettam
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 24

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2011, 12:00:51 AM »

Stripping sound boards.

That is all I am interested in. I stripped and pitch the $150 Hasboro junk sabers I got, but those soundboards are precious. I might also add that the speaker seems to have more effect on sound quality than the board. Boards are also easy to protect.

How much are these and are the soundboards good?

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2011, 12:13:26 AM »

Stripping sound boards.

That is all I am interested in. I stripped and pitch the $150 Hasboro junk sabers I got, but those soundboards are precious. I might also add that the speaker seems to have more effect on sound quality than the board. Boards are also easy to protect.

How much are these and are the soundboards good?

They're usually around $35 and the sound is pretty fair.  They're easy to strip too, no dremil work required!  Just a screwdriver.

The sound is pretty much econo sound but a bit better.  Nothing crazy (plus it has the flicker on clash which I'm not a fan of) but it's nice, and pretty easy to hook up.  Give it a try!

Dettam
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 24

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2011, 01:55:41 AM »

Thanks for the info. For $35 I'll give it a try.

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2011, 02:31:11 AM »

I played with one of these briefly in Wally World today. They actually didn't seem bad, for what they are. They were bigger than I thought they'd be.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Bladebrawl
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2011, 03:01:12 AM »

Hm, how much are they? Might be good for spare parts.

navajas
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -19

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2011, 03:19:06 AM »

They're $30. I bought my youngest one because I'm a sucker. He wails on my heavy duty blade all the time and it has yet to blow an LED. I think they represent a strange move for Hasbro: I see no reason to buy a $100+ one at all now. I'd say they're competing against themselves. It's either $30 for this, or if you're in the know and a grown up, a quick internet search and an Ultrasaber.

Regardless they are a fine toy for the price.

LE Initiate - Green (for my son)
FreeSaber Archon - Red (for my other son)
Nickel Prophecy - Arctic Blue (for my Mom)
Initiate V3 LE - Destiny (for my wife)
Bane RGB - white FoC (for my brother)
Vermathax - Yellow / Silver / Purple, custom
Archon V2 - Green (amber FoC, *goodies)

Bladebrawl
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2011, 11:59:41 PM »

They're $30. I bought my youngest one because I'm a sucker. He wails on my heavy duty blade all the time and it has yet to blow an LED. I think they represent a strange move for Hasbro: I see no reason to buy a $100+ one at all now. I'd say they're competing against themselves. It's either $30 for this, or if you're in the know and a grown up, a quick internet search and an Ultrasaber.

Regardless they are a fine toy for the price.
Alright thanks! And if anything I can just get one and use the sound board in my own saber. Tongue

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2011, 03:43:37 AM »

I've been tempted to pick the Anakin one almost every time I see it in the store, but I've yet to do so. I wonder if US would convert one of these?

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: