Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Scary Sounds that my Battery Re-charger is making  (Read 1188 times)
goldraven12
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 12

Light Side Points Requested!

« on: November 28, 2014, 11:50:27 PM »

So, I LOVE my sound saber, and I'm fine with having to recharge the batteries every once and a while. I have one little issue though: I'm afraid of blowing up. Whenever I start to recharge my batteries, (li-on setup, of course), I put them in the rehcarger, and for some time afterwards, it makes a rather loud and scary buzzing sound. It seems to go away after a while, but I'm still afraid that the batteries will suddenly explode or start a fire or something. It's a tad irrational, but I just wanna make sure that the quiet buzzing is normal, and not going to blow me up. Thanks!

"The Jedi fell because they mistook love for obsession, passion for hatred, and concern for fear. We cannot continue to deny how we feel, or we will fall like them."
( ((( o (( (  Initiate V3 LE
( ((( o (( ( Stunt Initiate V3 LE

Darth Calico
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -51

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 12:25:48 AM »

So, I LOVE my sound saber, and I'm fine with having to recharge the batteries every once and a while. I have one little issue though: I'm afraid of blowing up. Whenever I start to recharge my batteries, (li-on setup, of course), I put them in the rehcarger, and for some time afterwards, it makes a rather loud and scary buzzing sound. It seems to go away after a while, but I'm still afraid that the batteries will suddenly explode or start a fire or something. It's a tad irrational, but I just wanna make sure that the quiet buzzing is normal, and not going to blow me up. Thanks!

I've got a few US chargers and none of them make any noise. I would suggest emailing US and seeing if this is an issue. Good luck!

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 03:59:27 AM »

When the charge in the batteries is low, they will make the whining sound.  All of my chargers do this no matter what generation of Trustfire batteries I put into them.  It is not an issue.  I have had sabers for nearly 4 years now and only one battery explode in my pocket.  I think it made contact with a dime I did not know was there.  I now put a pouch on my belt to prevent this. 

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 11:39:18 PM »

Interesting, Master Blue.  I have about 12 L-Ion batteries and 3 different chargers for them and I've never experienced this.  I could see how it would be...disconcerting.

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/b44df17a0009fcd0.png[/img]

UltraSabers : 7
Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

Want: Archon, Bellicose, Graflex, Chosen One, new V4s

goldraven12
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 12

Light Side Points Requested!

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 06:14:08 PM »

Okay. thanks. It stops after a bit, so I think it's not a huge deal. Thanks for reassuring me.

"The Jedi fell because they mistook love for obsession, passion for hatred, and concern for fear. We cannot continue to deny how we feel, or we will fall like them."
( ((( o (( (  Initiate V3 LE
( ((( o (( ( Stunt Initiate V3 LE

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: