Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Computer problems with recognization  (Read 4430 times)
NovaSitori
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

« on: December 30, 2013, 05:20:58 PM »

So I just installed the newest version of Obsidian Launcher v2.2.2 and I don't know if it takes a long time for users or what, but my doesn't say anything like, "Your device is installed and ready to use" or if it's a problem with my laptop. I'm using Windows 8. Should I get a new micro USB cord or what? I don't know. What I do is that I'm starting to get very frustrated. I could really use some help. I guess my question is how long does it take for time users for the computer to recognize the saber? 

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 05:37:42 PM »

You need to install the v3.1.4 of the Obsidian Launcher software for your saber. I suppose you ordered one after Feb 2013? These are equipped with the new Obsidian 3.0 soundboard which does only work with the 3.x.x versions of the Launcher. You can read about the software and download it from here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11988.0
Hope that helps you Smiley
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 05:43:54 PM by Racona Nova » Logged

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

eerockk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 08:19:16 PM »

So I just installed the newest version of Obsidian Launcher v2.2.2 and I don't know if it takes a long time for users or what, but my doesn't say anything like, "Your device is installed and ready to use" or if it's a problem with my laptop. I'm using Windows 8. Should I get a new micro USB cord or what? I don't know. What I do is that I'm starting to get very frustrated. I could really use some help. I guess my question is how long does it take for time users for the computer to recognize the saber? 

The 3.1.4 launcher installed as Administrator will probably make this work. Are you using a 'blue' USB port? I'm not sure USB 3.0 is as backwards-compatible as Microsoft wants us to believe it is.

Try the newer launcher, and just a normal USB port if you weren't using one. We'll be here! Smiley

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

NovaSitori
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 10:48:41 PM »

I deleted v2.2.2 then installed v3.1.4 and ran as an administrator. Now I can't find any of the fonts that I downloaded in the Desktop folder when I open the Launcher. HELP!!!!  Sad

eerockk
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 01:39:25 PM »

I deleted v2.2.2 then installed v3.1.4 and ran as an administrator. Now I can't find any of the fonts that I downloaded in the Desktop folder when I open the Launcher. HELP!!!!  Sad

The uninstall may have removed the folder. You might have to redownload some fonts, so here's a link to the page. http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=36.0

Not to worry, it happens occasionally. Sounds like you have a green light once you have a font or two downloaded!

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

boost779
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 01:36:31 AM »

hey I tried to download starkiller sound font on my saber but when I save the file to my computer I can't find it I the ultra saber program. where should I save it on my windows 8 computer and how do I download it if anybody can help send that would be great!

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 10:03:40 AM »

Did you unzip the package to a regular folder? You have to do this after downloading because the Launcher can't handle zipped files. When you unzipped it, browse to the folder containing your unzipped sound files (there's a tree diagram in the launcher's left part - use that for browsing).
If you don't have the Launcher itself yet - look here to get it. Install and run it as admin, then use it to navigate to your sound files. Download them onto your saber and you should be fine.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

NovaSitori
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 09:16:38 PM »

Thanks, I got everything squared away.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: