Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Does boot sound But only does Power off sound on button press?  (Read 1702 times)
Shriker1
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

Light Side Points Please :)

« on: March 08, 2018, 04:37:43 PM »

Help? is an rgbw emerald with v4 obsidian had to rewire, have not put lights on yet, don't think i need them for testing, is that the problem?

Who am I?
 I am the light of the moon that shines to guide others through the perilous dark.
 I am the warmth of the sun to give hope to those who have none.
 I am the giver of wisdom to the ones who ask for it.
 I am the loyalty of the wolf who will never leave your side.
 Who am I?
 I am Shriker

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 04:45:26 PM »

Hmmm - that sounds messed up - just going by the title...

Have you checked your batteries Shriker1?  That might sound like a dumb question, but you'd be surprised how often that's all it is.

Even if they are fully charged, sometimes it helps to pop them right out, and let the board fully reboot.

If you've done all of that, and still have a big issue, I'd go right to the source, and email US directly at: [email protected]

Include your order number (found on you account page on the US site), and explain exactly what's happening.

Hope this helps...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Shriker1
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 04:51:45 PM »

i've had these electronics for over a few years from an old saber i had from here i think when v4 was pretty new. so i dont think its still valid plus i dont have the order number anymore. also the batteries were fully charged since they are newer and recently charged before plugging them in. i pop them out and put them in again but its the same thing.

Who am I?
 I am the light of the moon that shines to guide others through the perilous dark.
 Who am I?
 I am Shriker

Shriker1
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 07:57:56 PM »

is there anything else i could be doing wrong? Huh

Who am I?
 Who am I?
 I am Shriker

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 10:51:17 PM »

So you rewired the parts into a new saber? Your first post was kind of confusing.

If that is the case you need to show us a diagram of what you did or even pictures so we know what you are taking about. Otherwise this thread will just be a mess with a lot of guessing going back and forth.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 10:51:51 PM »

Have you emailed the actual saber smiths at US?   They'd be best prepared to give you the proper answer Shriker1.

Understand that this is just the forum, and while we obviously care that you get your saber working, we can basically just suggest quick fixes.  For your issue, I just simply don't know.  There are a lot of variables, so an actual saber smith would be best suited for that.  

I'm just an average 46yr old dude...lol

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 09:49:28 AM »

So, an Emerald set-up is pretty involved Shriker1.

I truly hope that you have the experience and materials needed to do it properly, and are prepared to do a lot of research. 

I have an Emerald pulled out myself, but will only be reclaiming the white channel.  Like 4 solder joins.

It's a rat's nest though, so unless I was fully confident with what I was about to do, there's just no way.

Here's a wiring diagram for reference:

Again, I hope this helps. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: