Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My Spinning and Dueling Sabers  (Read 1318 times)
Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« on: February 18, 2013, 04:58:17 AM »

I got two new sabers during the Sale for dueling and spinning.
I had 2 Grab bags but after I broke one and after seeing how bad a standard battery setup is for blade illumination I wanted better brightness.
Plus I liked the Dominix and Aeon Hilts for spinning better.
So I got one of each in Green and Red. I wanted two colors that would look good together on camera.
I found that blue and red were so opposite that blue overwhelmed the camera.
But Green and Red were closer but still had enough difference for them to be visually different.

So here are my Pics

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

MolecularAuto80
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 06:33:08 PM »

You say that standard setup is bad for blade illumination. I'm not interested in getting sound for my first saber (personal preference and it'd go over my budget) so I was wondering just how bad standard setup is. I'm thinking about getting a Dark Liberator in CG with an UE blade type. Would the UE help the blade look and shine better?

Aeon v2 LE Guardian Blue

Give me light side points so we can make better cookies than the Empire!

haldir
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 32

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 06:50:17 PM »

@molecularAuto80
I have the standard set up in red, gardian blue, consolur green and the li-ion in red, orange, and srd.... there is nothing wrong with the standard set up. I have red in both set up and can NOT tell a difference... my green saber is the brightest saber i have and it is standard set up..... the batteries last a lot longer with the alkaline set up but they do get dull as they wear down

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 07:27:30 PM »

You say that standard setup is bad for blade illumination. I'm not interested in getting sound for my first saber (personal preference and it'd go over my budget) so I was wondering just how bad standard setup is. I'm thinking about getting a Dark Liberator in CG with an UE blade type. Would the UE help the blade look and shine better?

The main difference between Standard and Li-Ion is dimming of the blade.  With the Standard setup, as the batteries lose power, you'll see the blade get dimmer before it dies.  The Li-Ion setup doesn't do this.  It provides full-power until it can't anymore, at which point it dies.

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Obi-Jacob
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 07:52:25 PM »

The main difference between Standard and Li-Ion is dimming of the blade.  With the Standard setup, as the batteries lose power, you'll see the blade get dimmer before it dies.  The Li-Ion setup doesn't do this.  It provides full-power until it can't anymore, at which point it dies.

Isn't this easily remedied by just getting rechargeable AAA's? They shouldn't loose voltage during use as far as I know.

Aeon v2 - CG
Dominix LE v2 - AB
Aeon v3 - SD
Dominix LE v3 - BR
Raven - CG
Archon v2 obsidian - AS/GB FoC

MolecularAuto80
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 07:58:00 PM »

Thanks for all your help! I've been thinking about getting rechargeable AAA batteries for the saber anyways. I can pick 'em up at my local Walmart.

Aeon v2 LE Guardian Blue

Give me light side points so we can make better cookies than the Empire!

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 08:32:26 PM »

Isn't this easily remedied by just getting rechargeable AAA's? They shouldn't loose voltage during use as far as I know.

I have a set of rechargeable NiMH's in my Dominix.  Sadly, they do still lose brightness, though it is less noticeable than just using normal alkalines.

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Sky Dragon c5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1

Grey Jedi Assassin

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2013, 02:45:36 AM »

I have rechargeable NiKad, it is just as bad, stays as bright for the first while, then dies.

The 35$ for lithium plus charger and buck puck in you saber is worth it, trust me, it stays so much brighter and the batteries last over 4 times longer.

Keep me as a Grey Jedi Please

C=Custom, D=Dark

Rd Reaper AS, Archon V2.1 AB, Consular CG, Malice BR, Overlord PO, Shock LE SY, D Shock DVA, D Liberator AS, Raven FO, D War EG, C Manticore BH, C D Shock RGB, C D Arbiter SR, C Archon V2.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: