Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: batteries  (Read 12110 times)
BatteryHound
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -16

Dark Side.

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2011, 11:01:45 PM »

Right now I'm still exhausting the Lithium Ultimate batteries I have stocked up, got about ten or twelve more to go through. After that, I'll be switching to the rechargeable Energizer brand I've had for a while and have yet to use on anything.

According to the tiny text on the upper of these batteries:

NH16 1,2V
HR6 2300mAh

^ What's that? Grin
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 11:06:39 PM by BatteryHound » Logged

Liberator V2 - Blazing Red.
Dominix LE V3 - Guardian Blue.
Sentinel V4 - Blazing Red.

One Winged Angel
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 01:47:29 PM »

NH16 1,2V
HR6 2300mAh

1,2V is the voltage (1.2V), 2300mAh is the capacity, I believe HR6 is the form factor of the battery (I know AA's are sometimes referred to as LR6 and AAA's are sometimes referred to as LR3), and if I were to hazard a guess I'd say that NH16 stood for Nickel-Hydride something.

Jedi Knight Spex
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 7

Get it?

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 02:07:50 PM »

I'm noticing the Eneloops are more expensive than the Tenergy... could someone post pros and cons for each of these brands? Trying to decide, my Energizers are driving me nuts lately Tongue

Family Arsenal
Me:
War Glaive - MLS units: VA, SD
Luke ROTJ conversion - Consular Green
Phantom - Green & Red
2 Grab bags!
2 of my own builds. (third in the works)

My wife:
Collector's Edition Prophecy - Consular Green
1 custom build in the works (Double bladed, Pink and Purple)

rezolution
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011, 06:38:51 PM »

People are throwing around a lot of numbers in this thread LOL!

Ultra posted that single color LEDs pull around 1200mA.  Keep in mind that the RBG mix colors (VA, SRD, and AB) pull around 700mA.

Also keep in mind when you're talking about rechargeable batteries...  AA NiMh rechargeable batteries are typically 2300mAh to 2900mAh while AAA NiMh rechargeable batteries are usually 800mAh to 1000mAh, depending on the brand you buy.

I'm not sure what batteries you have in your saber.  Most of mine from UltraSabers have four AAA in them.  The newest Anakin I got from them has three AA.

I don't think anyone can give you a valid difference between Tenergy LSD and Eneloops.  Buy a set of both and see which one last longer for you.  Then stock up on the brand you like better.

jsfetzik
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2011, 04:00:36 PM »

I'm noticing the Eneloops are more expensive than the Tenergy... could someone post pros and cons for each of these brands? Trying to decide, my Energizers are driving me nuts lately Tongue

I have used both over the years and the difference is that the Eneloops will keep their charge long when sitting on the shelf. I use the Eneloops for a lot of stuff around the house and it is nice that you can charge them, set them on the shelf and they still have most of their charge weeks later.

In actual use in circuit they are pretty much the same with respect to how long they last.

Dark Prophecy Battlestaff - Fire Orange

rezolution
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2011, 04:17:41 PM »

jsfetzik,

Are you comparing "Tenergy to Eneloop" or "Tenergy LSD to Eneloop" when you say "last longer on the shelf"?  There are newer Tenergy LSD batteries that are same technology as Eneloop.  Or were you comparing the older Tenergy that are regular NiMh?

jsfetzik
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2011, 05:52:58 PM »

jsfetzik,

Are you comparing "Tenergy to Eneloop" or "Tenergy LSD to Eneloop" when you say "last longer on the shelf"?  There are newer Tenergy LSD batteries that are same technology as Eneloop.  Or were you comparing the older Tenergy that are regular NiMh?

Plain old Tenergy. I have not used the Tenergy LSD.

I believe I have a couple long shelf life batteries of another brand, but I can't remember which off the top of my head.

I have about 20-25 Eneloops in both AA and AAA and have no problems with them in various uses. Although I only just got my first light sabers, so do not have specific experience with them in light sabers.

rezolution
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2011, 06:10:26 PM »

So the Tenergy LSD (aka Tenergy Centura) is 2000mAh and the Eneloop is also 2000mAh.  I'm not sure we can say which brand is better as far as the LSD batteries go because they are very close in specs.

The regular Tenergy is appx 2800mAh which will last longer in the saber (25% to 40% longer)  but not "last as long on the shelf" because it's not a low self discharge battery.

jsfetzik
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2011, 03:29:50 AM »

I have really grown to like the low self discharge batteries.

For me the regular batteries would discharge fast enough that I always had to have a set in the charger or keep some plain old alkaline's around for those times when the batteries in something would die and I needed replacements now.

It is so nice to be able to grab a set of the Eneloop's out of my charge bin and know they will work. They may not last as long as some other, but I like the flexibility they give me.

I also have a few Rayovac I-C3 15 minute recharge AAA's. These can charge very quickly, which is nice if you have your charger and an outlet handy.

rezolution
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2011, 12:16:39 PM »

I always think I have enough batteries.  And then I buy another saber (or my son gets another toy that takes 8 batteries) LoL.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: