Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: VS battles  (Read 4405 times)
Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2013, 06:38:54 PM »

There's a few more advantages that the Federation has, should they choose to use them.

1) Warp Strafing. Federation ships can canonically fire at warp, giving them a huge tactical advantage.

You got me there.  That's a solid tactic.  The only downside is, it can only be used once and the Imp ships would have to be relatively stationary.

2) Transporters. The transporter is a potentially nasty weapon. Imagine beaming out the entire bridge crew of an Imperial ship... or beaming an armed quantum torpedo near the engines...

Another potentially devastating tactic, but it requires the Imp shields to be down.  Assuming equally powered weapons/shields, it's one tactic that guarantees a Fed victory.  If we go with reality (insofar as it is, lol) though, the Feds will never punch through the Imp shields before being torn apart.

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2013, 06:49:27 PM »

Feds can rotate shield harmonics, try to match the frequency. Shields would cancel each other out and the ships could go straight blow for blow in a bid for Fed victory. Just sayin'. Wink Also... it seems we have yet to take the Defiant's Cloak into account. I mean, this isn't exactly a battle that would take place in the Alpha Quadrant, right? So Treaty of Algeron exceptions would apply and the Romulans would have no problem with using the blasted thing. That could be oodles of fun right there.  Grin

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Oramac
Knight Commander

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2013, 07:01:46 PM »

it seems we have yet to take the Defiant's Cloak into account. I mean, this isn't exactly a battle that would take place in the Alpha Quadrant, right? So Treaty of Algeron exceptions would apply and the Romulans would have no problem with using the blasted thing. That could be oodles of fun right there.  Grin

Three words: Crystal Gravfield Trap.

Initiate v3 - Consular

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2013, 07:05:23 PM »

Feds can rotate shield harmonics, try to match the frequency. Shields would cancel each other out and the ships could go straight blow for blow in a bid for Fed victory. Just sayin'. Wink Also... it seems we have yet to take the Defiant's Cloak into account. I mean, this isn't exactly a battle that would take place in the Alpha Quadrant, right? So Treaty of Algeron exceptions would apply and the Romulans would have no problem with using the blasted thing. That could be oodles of fun right there.  Grin

It depends on the Defiant... The first USS Defiant (the NX designation brought out by Sisko to recon in the Gamma Quadrant) was the only one with a cloak. It was destroyed by the Dominion when the Breen joined them. The second USS Defiant didn't have a cloak, and no other Defiant-class had them either. Essentially, the cloaked Defiant is a one off, and is still hampered by the lack of shields and weapons while cloaked. If they had the Chang/Shinzon cloak or the Pegasus phase cloak, the Defiant could solo the entire Imperial fleet.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2013, 07:49:32 PM »

Well, then it depends if we're counting respective EU materials or not. Cause USS Monitor would pretty much own the Empire all around. Not familiar with her? Then go get The Return and start from there. I'll put it into two sentences for you all. Kirk is back. And he's here to kick Borg Circuitboard.  Cool

At this point we should also question what other officers of note might be in the respective fleets. Cause if, oh, say one Captain Scott was involved with one of the Sovereigns... Imps might have a little more trouble on their hands. (according to books, Scotty came out of retirement and helped design and revamp the engines on that class)

I am not a color...

Oramac
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2013, 08:31:02 PM »

Seriously guys.  Take a few minutes and peruse this site.  Start with the linked page, then go to Technology, then Tactics.  The guy analyzes everything from energy output to ship design to maneuverability.

Sorry, Federation, you're utterly and completely outclassed by the Empire. 

Initiate v3 - Consular

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2013, 08:49:35 PM »

Seriously guys.  Take a few minutes and peruse this site.  Start with the linked page, then go to Technology, then Tactics.  The guy analyzes everything from energy output to ship design to maneuverability.

Sorry, Federation, you're utterly and completely outclassed by the Empire.  

What part of "technological parity" did you not get?

I specifically said it to avoid the "300GT per shot turbolasers lulz hurr hurr" speculation.

Plus, that site was created by an admitted Star Wars fan, so his arguments are biased at best.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 08:54:14 PM by Jev Moldara » Logged

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Oramac
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2013, 09:04:04 PM »

What part of "technological parity" did you not get?

I specifically said it to avoid the "300GT per shot turbolasers lulz hurr hurr" speculation.

Plus, that site was created by an admitted Star Wars fan, so his arguments are biased at best.

First, I really didn't intend to sound snippy at all.  If I did, I'm sorry for that.

And yes I got the "technological parity" thing.  But that's exactly my point.  If you force technological parity on a battle that would clearly not otherwise have it, it ceases to be a valid comparison of the battle.

As for being biased or not, check out his database, from which all of his arguments stem.  There's as much quoted from canonical Trek work to support the claims as there is from SW canon.  

Initiate v3 - Consular

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2013, 09:12:57 PM »

Well, I suppose noting that the two continuities cannot really be accurately compared in an ultimate showdown style due to the different galaxies having some differing laws of physics (apparently light moves way faster in Star Wars, because if you look at the numbers based on the speed of light, travel time with hyperdrive as shown in the movies is just way too fast) really doesn't help here, so..... *Kirk's chicago mob accent* GO WIT DA FEDS!

I am not a color...

Oramac
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2013, 10:09:30 PM »

In any case, we can move along with the Versus Battles.

How about Jaina Solo vs Satele Shan

Initiate v3 - Consular

kagemusha shin
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -169

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2013, 01:37:14 AM »

Starkiller vs the sith starkiller. Very tough choice I'm not sure

Darth_Phobius47
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -176

Hawkbat 5

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2013, 04:47:56 AM »

In any case, we can move along with the Versus Battles.

How about Jaina Solo vs Satele Shan

Well do we really know as much about Satele as we do Jaina? Honestly this duel would result in a nice cup of tea and laughing at adventures past. If reality is not considered, I would give this one to Jaina Solo. There's a reason they call her the Sword of the Jedi afterall.

My Arsenal

Dark Arbiter w/sound custom~EG/AS
Dark Standard v3~FO
Dark Liberator v3 (bro)~CG
Initiate v3 (sis)~VA
Grab Bag: Dark SI v3 vert grooves~BR
Consular w/sound~BR/FO
Menace SE w/sound~CG/FO
Raffle prizes: Graflex w/sound~GB/AS
                    Malice w/sound~BR/VA

Aerthias Kodoun
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 11

Nova 'leven, ready to vape 'em TIEs!

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2013, 04:56:38 AM »

Here's one...

Imperial Fleet (1 SSD, 10 ISDs, 20 Carrack cruisers, and their TIE fighter compliments)

VS

Federation Fleet (5 Sovereigns, 15 Akiras, 25 Defiants, 10 Galaxies, 20 Danubes, and 50 Peregrines)

This is assuming firepower and shield parity. Boarding actions are allowed.

Who wins?

EDIT: To make it interesting, Sisko is commanding the Fed Fleet from the Defiant and Natasi Daala is commanding the Imperials from the SSD.

Hmm... I've been reading the technological advances of the Empire, and I'm afraid the only advantage the Federation has over the Empire are  Teleporters, other then that. The Empire would DESTROY the Federation, mainly because in the Star Wars universe they've been capable of space travel for the last 30,000 years... The Federation on the other hand, has only been in space for a few centuries.

Oramac
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2013, 05:42:52 PM »

Starkiller vs the sith starkiller. Very tough choice I'm not sure

Too close to call, I think.  It'd probably come down to whoever made a mistake first being the loser.

Initiate v3 - Consular

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: