Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1281012 times)
ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6945 on: June 11, 2018, 10:15:38 PM »

True. I'll most likely be foul tempered with a smile on my face. Tongue

See! Progress.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #6946 on: June 11, 2018, 11:05:13 PM »

So, the Big Boss is out of town (comes back tomorrow from a much earned 10 day vacation.)
I think he may be walking into a $h*t storm of near epic proportions.
My fun problem client (that I've vented here about a few times recently) sent a job... I pawned it off on a coworker since I was in the middle of a rather large project and he needed it ASAP and said coworker was not busy at the time.
There was information lacking, my coworker has requested it multiple times.  Problem client starts calling my line directly. 
Problem Client - "Hey, I need this estimate ASAP, but (coworker) keeps asking for X, Y, Z, do you think you can get this worked out and sped up for us?"
Me - "Is X, Y, and Z included in the plan set you sent us?"
Problem Client - "Well... no, but I..."
Me - "Stop right there, you know full well, we cannot give you an estimate for a job without the information.  Remember what happened last time?  You lost your @$$ on the punch list for all the things you all missed in the bid because you didn't send us what we asked for and you went ahead and bid the job without our parts list."
Problem Client - "Yeah, but the GC needs it tomorrow and I told him I'd have..."
Me - "Let me stop you again... you promised results, again, without providing us information we need, to meet said obligation... and now somehow this is our problem?  Do I need to conference (Problem Client's Boss) into this call?" As I'm one digit shy of dialing the number.
Problem Client - "No no... I'll just... I'll call you back later..." *click*
Coworker - who was in my office listening to the whole exchange and is the most even tempered proper, business-like individual I have ever met.  "What a F***ing @$$hole..."

I've known this man for almost 5 years, we got our degrees together, and work right beside each other, I have NEVER heard him curse or swear.  His vocabulary is words like "darn it" "Mercy" and many more safe for work terms...  Now he knows why the angry music (Rammstein, Five Finger Death Punch, Dope, etc) tends to come from my office when I hang up the phone...

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #6947 on: June 11, 2018, 11:49:50 PM »

With me and many others the particular UV wavelength of those blue lights are painful, if I am wearing my UV blocking sunglasses I almost can't see those lights. Also they have been banned in many other countries all over the world for being a hazard, we just haven't caught on yet.

At least it is just stupid clients you must deal with, it is when you are surrounded by stupid on all sides that the barrel of the shotgun starts looking mighty tasty. (I do not condone nor encourage suicide or suicidal thoughts if you are having them then please please seek help as soon as possible!) I have worked several jobs where the laziest SOB got the raises and promotions because while the rest of us were doing our jobs he was schmoozing with the boss all day and neither of them were accomplishing a damn thing.

Frizzenflyer
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 271

Triple Ace

« Reply #6948 on: June 12, 2018, 12:16:23 AM »

I have been informed that, even though I have been with the company for longer and have proven myself multiple times, since the new GM doesn't like me I am going to be transferred to another location that is six miles further from my home. Hooray.

"we did it first, and we did it old school... none of them fancy Incom T-65 X-Wings... we had ARC-170's and Z-95's... we had to work for our kills."~Jestucker

Illyiss
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -491

There are shadows darker still...

« Reply #6949 on: June 12, 2018, 12:32:35 AM »

I have been informed that, even though I have been with the company for longer and have proven myself multiple times, since the new GM doesn't like me I am going to be transferred to another location that is six miles further from my home. Hooray.

Sounds like they need to compensate you for your extra expense and time.

Darth Pandæmis

Peace is a lie...

Jedi Council of Ohio

Dominix LE V4 Tri-Cree FO, Sentinel LE V4 BR, Sentinel V4 BR, Dark Initiate LE V3 CG

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #6950 on: June 12, 2018, 01:17:09 AM »

Sucks.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6951 on: June 12, 2018, 01:47:40 AM »

I'm apparently never allowed to work at Walmart ever again! I got fired from Sam's Club going on three years ago, and what I did wasn't THAT big a deal. It's not like I broke any laws or anything, I was fired for being sarcastic with a member on a bad day. Get over it, I was by no means the only one who did that.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #6952 on: June 12, 2018, 03:53:23 AM »

Your GM sounds like a petty little... so and so. You might be better off not working for them in that location. Could be a blessing in disguise.

I'm apparently never allowed to work at Walmart ever again! I got fired from Sam's Club going on three years ago, and what I did wasn't THAT big a deal. It's not like I broke any laws or anything, I was fired for being sarcastic with a member on a bad day. Get over it, I was by no means the only one who did that.

What a BS reason. Sounds like someone in management had a grudge against you.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6953 on: June 12, 2018, 12:40:37 PM »

See! Progress.
I knew it wouldn't last. Guess who got summoned for jury duty? Guess who received said summons 40 some-odd hours AFTER they were supposed to appear in court for selection and is now facing contempt charges. And guess whose second court appearance is scheduled for the beginning of his vacation to be a counselor at youth camp. God bless the American legal system.

EDIT: Slight correction: I have to appear to give cause ("if any") why I should NOT be held in contempt for failure to appear for jury selection.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #6954 on: June 12, 2018, 12:45:36 PM »

Angry Angry Angry Angry

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6955 on: June 12, 2018, 02:14:08 PM »

More good news:

The case in which I was supposes to appear for selection for......has been canceled. Angry

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #6956 on: June 12, 2018, 02:48:04 PM »

Customer: Do you have any *Energy Drink* in the back.

Me: No Ma'am, we don't carry that flavor.

Customer: Yes you do, I usually get it from here.

Me: Ma'am, we've never carried that.

Customer: No. No. I always get it here, you must be new.

Me: No Ma'am, I've worked here for 4 years.

Customer: This is ridiculous, I just want *Energy Drink* where is your Supervisor

Me:  I am the Supervisor Ma'am (always wanted to do this) and I also make the product orders.  We have never carried *Energy Drink*, if you would like I can recommend *Other Energy Drink* it tastes very similar.

Customer: No.  *Walks off*

I had only clocked in 5 minutes before.  Gonna be a good day.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6957 on: June 12, 2018, 03:34:50 PM »

I'm beginning to think the only thing worse than Friday the 13th is kriffing Tuesday the 12th.

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #6958 on: June 12, 2018, 03:42:48 PM »

I'm beginning to think the only thing worse than Friday the 13th is kriffing Tuesday the 12th.
Something else happen?

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6959 on: June 12, 2018, 03:46:26 PM »

Not yet.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: