Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: battery questions  (Read 976 times)
princessjt
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: October 22, 2015, 07:34:01 AM »

hi i'm new and this is going to be my first purchase and i was wondering how the battery system works and what is the best option for something that is going to be mostly on display? thanks

dasweallycool
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 84

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 07:55:21 AM »

ok, so for a display saber, you could really go cheap as chips with the set up.. I'm guessing you won't really be touching it that often so getting sound wouldn't really be needed.

if sound isn't required then you can go "standard set up", which is just 4 AAA batteries, which can be removed when being displayed. This would also save on any charging problems you may have with the li-on set up, also regarding where to keep batteries, leakage etc..

It all depends on what you want to do while it's on display.. is it just gonna sit there? are you even gonna want to turn it on? etc.. hope this helps even a little Smiley

all the best!
Adz

I HAVE:
Aeon V3 - AS/Obsidian
Initiate V4 LE BR/ObsLITE
Standard Issue AS/Stunt
Force FX - Yoda
M/R - Anakin EP2
M/R - BYO
M/R - Luke EP4

Wish List:
Prophecy V3 AB/Stunt

princessjt
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 08:47:45 AM »

It's not gonna be completely on display I'm pretty sure it'll be used a couple or times but not to duel or anything just to play around with it, it's mostly display though.

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 09:05:25 AM »

And just checking, do you want it lit up on display?

If so, you'd need to go for Li-Ion and a re-charge port + 1.2A Fast Charger.... check this link for more info http://www.ultrasabers.com/help_answer.asp?ID=21#314

The other question is, do you want sound?

If you get the Obsidian v4 you can quickly set the saber to silent when on display and then back to sound if you want to play with it, lol  Smiley

I have a few setup on display permanently lit up with the sound off, the fast charger keeps the batteries charged, so all I do is un-plug the charger cable, take it off the display (mine are on wall clips) and good to go  Grin

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

princessjt
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 04:05:27 PM »

I don't think it'll be lit up on display just kind of sitting there lol maybe the first day because of excitement but other than that I think it'll only be turned on whenever it's gonna be used for fun so which one do you think is best ?

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2015, 06:07:03 PM »

I would recommend the standard setup then. Normal AAA batteries or rechargeable NiMH's, nothing special, and they will have a quite long runtime regarding your purpose Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

princessjt
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2015, 03:35:44 AM »

alright thank you soo much !! Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: