Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: hello from australia  (Read 6824 times)
B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« on: March 22, 2013, 02:03:15 PM »

hello! my name is Sharon, im from Perth Western Australia in aussie land. i often go by the name b1ondeange1 in forums/ games. looking at buying my first lightsaber sometime in the relatively near future (the funds are a little down at the moment), found ultra sabers on google, really liked the look of them and some of their sabers and thought i would do some research and join here first Smiley

always liked starwars, but its only in the last few years ive become more of a fan. couldnt go past a starwars lego millenium falcon a few years ago, and thats kinda started my starwars collecting. last year was a very starwarsie christmas for me, and my sister finds it funny to be buying lego for me as an adult Tongue
comiccon oz came to Perth for the first time this year, and ive never been to a convention like that before so for fun we went dressed up and i went as a jedi- and after seeing jedi getting around with real lightsabers, im now itching to own one (a kids toy one just isnt quite the same)! im also itching to make myself a better jedi costume. Supernova is only a few months away after all!
other than that i enjoy KOTOR, couldnt go past the starwars Xbox 360, and since i love crafty stuff ive made myself a paper mache millenium falcon, a pepakura r2d2 (hes about 20cm tall, one day ill resin and paint him), and ive been working on a paper mache lightsaber hilt (just for decoration).

i look forward to meeting you all online, and very much hope you can help me when it comes to choosing my first lightsaber! (though i pretty sure it wont be the last!)

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 04:24:55 PM »

Welcome to the forums.  Let us know if anyone can be of help in your lightsaber purchase.  We are certainly great at expressing opinions and providing pics/vids to help make the decision easier.

Blue

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Master Rel
Game Master
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1884

Martial artist, fabricator, chef, resident Ortolan

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 12:50:41 PM »

Welcome to the forum!

Of recent time, the Land of Oz has been standing up to be recognized...the numbers are growing  Smiley

http://www.communitywalk.com/map/index/1531286

Light side points please Smiley

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 06:32:18 PM »

yep, looks like theres a couple dozen of us, and amazingly im not the only west aussie!

ive already decided what colour i want- arctic blue. blue has always been my favourite colour, but i rather like the silver and kinda fell in love with a silver light saber in kotor2. and arctic blue looks like its a silvery blue, it looks like itll be stunning imo. im thinking with silver FOC, definitely going with sound.
ill also get the lighter blade as i wont be needing the extra durability, itll mainly be a collectors piece and after some reading it looks like the MG is tough enough for light dueling, and i figure i can always order a heavier blade later if i want to start dueling. or order another saber Tongue though still not sure whether to go UE or MG, any thoughts?.
but when it comes to the hilt, theres just too many awesome designs to choose from! i know i want a slightly flashier design, and i dont just want plain silver. that still leaves a lot of options though! Tongue i must admit, i am rather partial to the guardian, but it looks like a rather long hilt and i dont have particularly big hands. any opinions on that?

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 10:20:33 PM »

Being the Blue addict around here, I will say that Arctic Blue look phenomenal in MG.  It gets a little pastel in the Ultraedge.  The best three colors to get in Ultraedge are Guardian Blue, Consular Green, and Adegan Silver.

Blue

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

jonesy360
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 67

Addicted to ULTRASABERS

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 12:12:28 AM »

G'day fellow Aussie,I'm in Sydney but home town is in wa,
You definitely can't go past ultra sabers there products are second to none,
I have only just started 6 weeks and have 4 awesome US sabers,
The hardest part is deciding what to buy,
Welcome to the addiction Grin

Bellicose,fo,sfoc,os,rav
Scorpion,br,sfoc,os,rav
Graflex ce,br,sfoc,obsoundrav
Reaper,cg,sfoc,obsoundbav
Aeon v3,gbstunt
Shock le,RGBsfoc,obsoundyav
Guardian,dva,bhfoc,obsoundgav
RavenSSRGBsfoc,obsoundsav
ArchonV2.1gb,bhfoc,obsoundsav jedi
ArchonV2.1as,sfoc,obsoundsav sith

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 02:01:29 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forums! Smiley

This place really is addicting once you get started with it. When I first joined, it was mainly to get ideas of what blades to get in what colors and such, and I was trying to save money for a car. After not being able to stand it any longer, I finally gave in and bought my first saber a few weeks ago. Now I'm waiting for my second one to get here and already working on being able to afford my third and fourth lol. Once you buy and hold one for yourself, there really isn't any turning back. Don't worry too much about getting the right saber from the start, because more than likely you will inevitably be buying more once you've owned one for a week or two.

I also agree that the Arctic Blue looks pretty amazing. So far my only saber has been a Dark Standard Issue V3 staff in Blazing Red with UEHG blades, so I can only tell you what that one looks like in person, but once my other staff gets here, I'll be able to see what Guardian Blue looks like in Ultraedge mid grade blades. I've never seen Arctic Blue in person, but it looks damn good on camera. As for whether to get ultraedge or standard, that really comes down to personal opinion. I've only used ultraedge so far, but I intend to get a standard mid grade later on in order to see the difference. There are MANY topics discussing the differences between blades and many more people in this community who are willing to offer their advice and experiences, so feel free to ask around if you're having questions/doubts about anything.

As for the Guardian saber, I reeeeaaally want one of those at some point because it's one of my favorite hilts. Whatever you end up getting though you'll love. The sabers from US are just so well-made and feel so nice to hold, one can't help but fall in love with their products. Let us know what you end up getting and be sure to put up some pics and maybe a video of it whenever you get it. Once again, welcome and enjoy your stay.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2013, 02:52:55 AM »

Thanks guys, I was leaning towards MG, from the sounds that might be better. That's the blade sorted, now to work out which hilt I want!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 03:27:22 AM »

Yeah, if you don't plan on doing a lot of heavy dueling, the MG blades are perfectly fine. I've also read that a lot of people consider the standard MG blades (silver tubing) to be good for any of the blade colors, whereas the ultraedge is better for some over others. I think Arctic Blue is one of those colors that would look great in either one, but perhaps a little better in the standard version (non-ultraedge). Do bear in mind though that the standard MG blades do give a slight "light in a tube" effect and look more like the sabers in the original trilogy, whereas the ultraedge blades give a fuller blade look, but at the cost of a slightly different blade color (more pastel) and resemble the blades more from the prequels.

As for the hilt, do you have a certain amount you're willing to spend or are you on more of a budget? If you want a saber with sound, that is going to be at least $100 extra, so if you're looking toward something like the Guardian, you'll probably be paying a good amount for it. Keep in mind you can always buy the hilt first and then have it sent in later to have sound added at any time. All of my sabers will be without sound, but they are sound capable, so anytime I want sound I can just have them sent back to US for the update to them. Whatever you choose, we'll be looking forward to the pics of it. Tongue

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 04:48:11 AM »

i figure that for my first one, i want all the fun bits. at the moment im figuring out roughly how much itll cost, then saving up for it. it isnt exactly a "money isnt a problem" situation, after all we are saving to get married, but at the same time id like to get the hilt i want, and not just settle for a cheaper option. i am thinking of going for one of the cheaper hilts, the guardian really does look a little bit too big for me, and it does make it a fair bit more exxy.
my birthday is coming up in a few months, so im thinking ill ask for moneys from the family instead of presents to buy myself a lightsaber *does a little dance at the thought*

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 02:59:58 PM »

Well, I'm getting an ultrasaber for my birthday which is a month away! *does a little dance*. Thankfully my mum is happy to put money towards it. Now to decide upon a hilt! Atm I'm leaning towards a consular, I'm rather taken with the whole remove the shroud, it looks like a different saber thing! And since I have plans for both Jedi and sith costumes, I want a saber than can easily go both ways (much as id love to have multiple sabers, for the time being that won't be the case). I'm not a huge fan of its pommel, but I can always buy another and switch it out!
any opinions? also deciding if i do get the consular, whether to go the nickel plating or not. Do people think its worth it?
I will have some questions before buying, but I'll do some more reading first so my questions are a bit more informed Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 07:29:26 PM »

Hmm, well the Consular is a nice option and the ability to remove the shroud is definitely a nice feature. There are of course other hilts that can give both the Jedi and Sith appearance. In my opinion, the Dark Liberator, Bellicose, Dark Prophecy V3, Overlord, Archon V2.1, Dark Arbiter, and the Manticore all can be used as either a Jedi or a Sith hilt. If you are looking heavily at the Consular though, I've not seen the Nickel plated shroud in person, but here is a link to a thread someone posted showing what it looks like:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=13104.0

If you are looking for a saber that can be used either as a Jedi or Sith hilt, another thing to consider is the color of the saber. I think the only colors that could work both ways would be Sentinel Yellow and Dark Violet Amethyst. Firestone Orange or Prestone Orange might also work as well for both. If you can afford it, you might even want to go the RGB or Quick Disconnect route to allow you to change the color of the saber at will. Another option would be to get the saber in Adegan Silver with the color disks. Of all these options though, I would have to say that the Quick Disconnect is the best way to go if you only want two colors to work with. It gives the brightest color of all three methods and is great if you only want to swap between two or three colors.

Those are just my thoughts on it. In the end it will come down to your preferences, but hopefully you'll get lots of info to help make the decisions easier. It is best to get a hilt that speaks to you (the saber chooses the Jedi Tongue) and get the options you think you'll be happy with. It does help to browse the forum threads for pictures and even video of certain hilts and/or colors you're looking at getting, but you might even find something better you like in the process. I know I've changed my mind at the last minute before because I found something better that I wanted instead, so keep an open mind when looking. Hopefully all that helps and I look forward to seeing what you end up with. Cheers! Cheesy

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 02:24:30 AM »

Thank you venturous, point for a good reply! (I'm guessing you want light side points?)
 I'm thinking ill get quick disconnect, as I really love the look of the arctic blue and want it for my first saber. My other half's favorite color is orange, so I'm thinking of getting a firestone orange MLS a bit later when I've saved more money- and orange can go either dark or light. And if I make sure any future sabers have quick disconnect, then I can swap hilt and colour as I feel.
one thing I like the look of the consular for is the grip, some of the others like the archon don't look like they have much grip. I was eyeing off the archon as I love it's pommel, neck and emitter, but I'm unsure about the lack of grip. Has this been a problem for anyone?
 I also like the look of the prophecy and shock le, but they are calling to me as a 'second saber' choice Tongue probly with guardian blue

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 03:11:08 AM »

aaannnnddd after readings blues archon v2.1 review im now back to unsure which one to get- the consular, or the archon! sigh, why do ultrasabers make so many awesome looking sabers? it makes it hard for a girl to choose!  Wink

maybe ill win lotto and can get both.....

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 05:18:41 AM »

They really do make it difficult don't they? Like I said in Blue's review, I personally like the looks and the grip of the Archon more, but the ability to remove the shroud from the Consular gives it a bit more variability. Ultimately though, it comes down to what saber and setup speaks to you personally. I can honestly say from experience that you'll be happy with anything you get from US. You really can't go wrong with any of their products because they are so well-made. If all else fails, you could just flip a coin and let fate decide. Wink I will say that when I'm in the same kind of dilemma and have to choose between two hilts, I head over to Youtube and watch as many reviews as I can find of each saber. When I'm done with that, I come here to the forums and look up as many reviews/comparisons/pics/videos as I can of each saber. That will give you the opinions of others who own them and will give you a general "feel" of each saber and how it is rated within the community. The theory is, the more reviews you watch or read, the more information you get about each and the more likely you'll be persuaded to one or the other. I hope that helps and I wish you good luck. Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: