Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Yet another spinning video  (Read 3193 times)
Darth Rifter
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -200

Darth Rifter and Jedi Keldor...Darn it I forgot.

« on: June 24, 2012, 07:27:22 AM »

My first. I was hot, and not warmed up completely, so my form is not it's best, but i try to do as best as I can.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaQcWz9h8HU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaQcWz9h8HU</a>

Big Andy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -173

Dark side points please.

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 07:35:16 AM »

Looked great to me. Grin

The Jedi are simple minded fools who try to avoid there feeling when feelings are the path of true power. The Sith on the other hand are just as foolish in only using anger to fuel there power. To unlock true power one must utilize all of one's emotions.

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 11:33:51 AM »

Absolute fabulous time to do a video.  You could see all of your moves and your blade was quite bright.  What time did you record this?

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Darth Rifter
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 04:28:09 PM »

around 8:30 in a park. I was in a tree high area. so it really worked out well.

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 09:44:56 PM »

Eh, you can do the Obi-Ani, something I cannot seem to do correctly even with an Initiate V3 and 32'' blades.

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

Master VorNach
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 176

Mendicus esset tamen suus candeo.

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 01:27:16 AM »

Darth Rifter,
Thank you for sharing your work, especially using enough light to let us see what you are doing.

My first. I was hot, and not warmed up completely, so my form is not it's best, but i try to do as best as I can.

You might appreciate this particular video:
http://youtu.be/NuRYp3l1UhQ

Thanks again!

Cower not within yourself; whatever he says unto you, do not react to it; fight earnestly for yourself thusly;

https://sites.google.com/site/terraprimelightsaberacademy/
http://annarborsword.com/

KoolKenobi
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 07:12:40 AM »

You picked an excellent time and place to shoot that!
I really like the behind-the-back spinning, very cool.

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 296

Jedi Knight of the Old Republic

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 07:21:52 AM »

Great video! Can't wait to see more!

Darth Rifter
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 07:55:30 AM »

Thanks for all the kind words. The main attraction is the obi-Ani. I am practicing the walking Anakin strike. But other than that, all I can really do regular spins, inverts, and my own way to get out of inverts. I'd love to learn more spins though,( but really only with my right hand. My left hand is pretty weak, but I don't know how to solve it since weakness on my left side was a temporary side effect after a surgery. Still I hope I can strengthen it for it doesn't have good grip.)

Solinus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -209

Black Star Sabers

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 10:29:41 AM »

I think you did an absolutely fantastic job! I'll tell you what though.. that behind the back spin really does a number on your forearms! I can really only do it for a little while before my arm starts to get tired. You seemed to have it very well under control. Great job!

Keep it up and be sure to show us more!

Control your fear. Give in to your hate. Let it guide you along the path and soon you shall find yourself... home.

**Dark Side points appreciated.**

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 03:07:44 PM »

It's looking good!  First off, the color and brightness of that blade looks fantastic... you certainly picked the perfect lighting for the video.  Second, you really do have the Obi-Ani down, which is impressive.  It seems like a simple enough maneuver, but it's actually quite hard to get used to the around-the-body movement required while keeping the spinning momentum.

One thing I do that you could look into is combining spins.  Work on your basic figure 8 spins (forwards and backwards) then incorporate them into the Obi-Ani as smoothly as you can, just focusing on keeping the blade momentum going.  Once you learn to do that, you can chain all kinds of combinations together for a unique and impressive spinning display that I think you'll have a lot of fun with.

Keep up the good work!

Big Andy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -173

Dark side points please.

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2012, 09:29:27 PM »

Thanks for all the kind words. The main attraction is the obi-Ani. I am practicing the walking Anakin strike. But other than that, all I can really do regular spins, inverts, and my own way to get out of inverts. I'd love to learn more spins though,( but really only with my right hand. My left hand is pretty weak, but I don't know how to solve it since weakness on my left side was a temporary side effect after a surgery. Still I hope I can strengthen it for it doesn't have good grip.)

I know your feelings about a year and a half ago I was in a bike crash and busted my right arm in 3 place, after the 3 months in the sling were over my arm was significantly weaker and I had a hard time using it for any kind of saber spins or whatnot, however I continually exercised it in the backyard with my sabers and now its finally back to where it use to be. It will take time and work but you possess the ability to get the strength back in your arm. Good luck.  Grin 

The Jedi are simple minded fools who try to avoid there feeling when feelings are the path of true power. The Sith on the other hand are just as foolish in only using anger to fuel there power. To unlock true power one must utilize all of one's emotions.

KashiAtaru
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 21

Size matters not, only skill.

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 01:24:01 AM »

Eh, you can do the Obi-Ani, something I cannot seem to do correctly even with an Initiate V3 and 32'' blades.

Try watching my tutorial. I believe this describes the "Obi-Ani" quite well. If not a quick search on You-tube could help. Cheers!-Kashi

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=7210.0

LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE! Cheesy
CG Aggressor-"Tank"
AB Dark Standard Issue-"Blue Fire"
VA Dark Standard Issue-"Glitch"
BR Red Anodized Elder-"Lygnan"
Anakin Skywalker ROTS Force FX
Luke Skywalker ROTJ Master Replica

KashiAtaru
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 21

Size matters not, only skill.

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 01:27:20 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaQcWz9h8HU#ws

Great job Rifter! I like the spins A lot! Just be patient with the left arm, you'll get it to where you want it soon!-Kashi

LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE! Cheesy
CG Aggressor-"Tank"
AB Dark Standard Issue-"Blue Fire"
VA Dark Standard Issue-"Glitch"
BR Red Anodized Elder-"Lygnan"
Anakin Skywalker ROTS Force FX
Luke Skywalker ROTJ Master Replica

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: