Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Darth Vader  (Read 2405 times)
SithLord45
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -24

« on: December 08, 2012, 06:09:22 PM »

Ok so I have pondered this a long time and I have tried to search to see if I can find the answer.  But my question is:  How powerful would Darth Vader be if he beat Obi-Wan on Mustafar?  The only answer I got was from ROTS when Sidious says to Yoda "He will become more powerful than either of us."

~Dark Side points would be appreciated~

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 06:15:46 PM »

Vader would have be nigh unstoppable if his body hadn't been devastated the way it was.

He was the chosen one and had the power to go along with.

I'm pretty sure that he had not lost, Vader would have gone on to become emperor.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 06:18:52 PM »

I'm pretty sure that he had not lost, Vader would have gone on to become emperor.

I concur.  He said as much right before the fight, when he said he brought peace to "my new Empire".

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 111

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 02:11:55 PM »

Yes, I think he would defeat Old Flabby and take his place. And that Empire of his would be an easier enemy for any rebels and Jedi remnants, because for all his power Anakin lacks Palpatine's calculating mind that made his Empire so effective and efficient. Anakin's Empire would be all "Attack! Attack! Attack!", with little if any strategical planning, political management and security.

BBL AND PROUD! The Expanded Universe - the old, the true, the brave!

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 06:39:01 PM »

And that Empire of his would be an easier enemy for any rebels and Jedi remnants, because for all his power Anakin lacks Palpatine's calculating mind that made his Empire so effective and efficient. Anakin's Empire would be all "Attack! Attack! Attack!", with little if any strategical planning, political management and security.

I have to disagree with that. Though I don't think his Empire would be nearly as organized, I don't feel that there wouldn't be any strategy. He WAS a war general after all. He wouldn't be as successful as Palpatine but I feel he could hold his own.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Faa-Yal Dragu
Knight Lt. Commander

Jedi knight, wandcrafter, heathen

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 12:26:35 PM »

hmmm... he would have learnt everything he could from palpatine/sidious/wrinkle-face and then done away with him. face to face too, not killing him in his sleep, like someone i could mention.
then i think he would have done just as well, but never turned to the light. he would still be ruling for hundreds of years, just being a ruthless ass.

The jedi only use their powers to defend and protect,
although (waves hand) You will give me lightside points.

Rina Ascura
Knight Commander

Please keep it at 100!

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 05:33:52 PM »

He WAS a war general after all. He wouldn't be as successful as Palpatine but I feel he could hold his own.

I mean political strategies. No one doubts his military acumen, but even Pestage could play this man like a guitar in the political sphere.

BBL AND PROUD! The Expanded Universe - the old, the true, the brave!

Oramac
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -256

Dark Side, please. I like the cookies.

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 06:43:45 PM »

I mean political strategies. No one doubts his military acumen, but even Pestage could play this man like a guitar in the political sphere.

This is true. Sidious's plan took literally decades to mature.  Vader would have trouble forming a political plan that lasted more than a week.

None can doubt his military prowess though.

I give stealth points.  You may get one without ever knowing it! Muwahaha!

Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red/AS FOC [or FO/VA FOC]
Initiate v3 with Obsidian - Blazing Red
Initiate v3 - Consular

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: