Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 1395 times)
Spyrogue
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 26, 2018, 02:50:19 AM »

Hello, I'm Daze and I'm a new member to the UltraSaber community. I currently do not own a saber of my own but I am looking to purchase one soon. I'm actually organizing an event with a bunch of my friends to purchase a mass order of grab bags/mystery boxes and have a day of lightsaber dueling in the park! The main problem I see with this is that not many high school students (seniors, this event is going to be a part of our graduation celebration) just have $75 to spend on sabers, and shipping also adds quite a bit to the cost.

I'm wondering if anybody has tips on how to save money; is there a discount for ordering a large quantity of sabers at once? Is there a way to know when a sale might come on so I can plan to order it during that time? I'm new here so any information anybody has on how to make purchases more affordable would be greatly appreciated Smiley

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 03:41:23 AM »

Welcome to the forum.
To my knowledge, there are no 'volume discounts'

As to finding out about specific sales, subscribe to their mailing list

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 06:51:25 AM »

Welcome to the forum. Do high-school kids not work anymore?

In all seriousness y'all should try asking your parents. If my kids told me they wanted it for that use I would much rather spend the money on that then say a new pair of shoes for my kids.

Or do a event, car wash, bake sale. Go around you neighborhood cutting grass, do yard work. Hell go to your local warehouse store and buy the big fund raising candy boxes and start selling.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 08:06:22 AM »

Hello, I'm Daze and I'm a new member to the UltraSaber community. I currently do not own a saber of my own but I am looking to purchase one soon. I'm actually organizing an event with a bunch of my friends to purchase a mass order of grab bags/mystery boxes and have a day of lightsaber dueling in the park! The main problem I see with this is that not many high school students (seniors, this event is going to be a part of our graduation celebration) just have $75 to spend on sabers, and shipping also adds quite a bit to the cost.

I'm wondering if anybody has tips on how to save money; is there a discount for ordering a large quantity of sabers at once? Is there a way to know when a sale might come on so I can plan to order it during that time? I'm new here so any information anybody has on how to make purchases more affordable would be greatly appreciated Smiley

ordering as a group does save money, 1 flat shipping fee for all the sabers compared to the same price they would all have to pay if bought seperately. other than that, the only way to save money is to wait for a sale.
oh, and welcome to the forums.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 12:18:56 PM »

Hello and welcome   Smiley

As for discounts, TJ is right: sign up for the US email and they will regularly send "Flash Sales" (that's how I got 20% off of my Archon v3.1), as is bB: if you can, buy in bulk.  A single shipping fee amortized across multiple purchased sabers means you're spending less per unit.

If I may suggest: peruse the other threads in the forum, especially the Saber Artistry & Combat, Costumes, and Fan Fiction sections.  Some excellent threads are there  Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 03:39:35 PM »

Welcome to the forum.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 07:46:02 PM »

Welcome. I have no information for you that hasn't already been given, but I do agree with tx_tuff. If you want something, save your money. That is what I did for my sabers. I saved for nearly 4 years before I could buy my first. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. We do ask that you first use the Search Function (picture with magnifying glass) to make sure that the questions hasn't already been answered, but if you can't find what you need, ask away. Someone will quickly come along to help out.

Again, welcome.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

IjediOctar
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 54

Death is only the beginning.

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 06:34:09 AM »

Cool welcome

Be apart of the force I shall in this existance in life  and the hereafter.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2018, 10:58:36 AM »

Welcome! You could rob a bank... but that'd probably stop you graduating, so don't do that Wink

You have a few months to save up - and the cheapest Initiate hilts start at $55, from memory, so that's a little cheaper. It sounds like an awesome event, especially if you have graduation robes and do the robe drop thing as a group before the fight starts Grin

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -580

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2018, 08:05:42 PM »

Welcome to the forum! There MIGHT be a sale coming up for May 4th Wink Shoot me a PM if you ever need an avatar made for ya

Want a custom avatar? Shoot me a PM, you can view my work here!

Blacktooth25
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -92

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2018, 12:43:19 AM »

Hello there and welcome!

Current Sabers:
Manticore (Diamond)
Dark Apprentice V4 (Obs Lt) Consular Green
Dark Initiate LE V4 (Obs Lt) Blazing Red
Dark War Glaive (Stunt) Guardian Blue

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -141

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2018, 06:54:30 AM »

Welcome to the forum.

Please look at all that it has to offer, it has saber help, it has an off topic forum to keep you talking and it has an RP forum if you want to live out your secret Jedi/Sith life.

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: