Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Winter raffle 2 third prize win: Aeon v3 (pic heavy)  (Read 1349 times)
Lo-Thar The Murderist
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 28

« on: March 12, 2014, 01:07:16 AM »

Second review for the day! Third prize winner in the winter raffle 2, an Aeon v3 in violet amethyst with li-ion battery setup. This saber is just....wow. For one of their "lower end" sabers (price point anyway), this thing is incredible. It might look a bit plain from a distance, but up close and in person, it is designed extremely well, and it was designed for DUELING! This is, so far, the most comfortable saber I've held in my hands. I have an Archon, a Standard Issue, and 2 initiates.  The Aeon has 2 choke points, with the power switch in between them.  It's so comfortable and lightweight. It maneuvers like a dream and spins like it has ball bearings! The machined grooves are a nice touch and add some stability to your grip. I would love to see this saber WITHOUT the grooves. I think with the 2 choke points, if the grooves were left out it would look sleek and beautiful. Think Liberator, only better because of the choke points!
I definitely think that at some point, I'll be sending this baby in to get sound added to it. I can see myself using this as a main practice saber because it's so comfortable. It came with a 36" mid grade blade. Even without the ultra edge, it's very bright and evenly lit.  The color absolutely gorgeous. My wife and kids say they like the Arctic Blue I got with my Standard Issue better, but I'm all about the Violet Amethyst. The blade held up extremely well against my Archon's heavy grade blade this evening whilst dueling with my kids. That video should be posted up in the gallery here shortly.  Check out my video review of this saber, too. Link will follow the pics.

video review
 http://youtu.be/OzQHxmljU0s

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/8a8da7e458e73980.png[/img]
One who has betrayed the dark and has seen the light, knows not of betrayal, but of integrity; and in the mind of the betrayed, is one to be feared.

Archon v2.1 GB-Aeon v3 VA-SI AB-Dark Initiate v3 LE BR-Initiate v3 LE VA

jabiscaro
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 26

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 09:57:08 PM »

Saber looks great! Point!

Owned:
Aeon V3 with Sound in BR
Dominix V2 in GB
Initiate V3 in VA
Dark Initiate V4 with sound in CG
Dark Apprentice V4 with sound in Tri GB
Apprentice V4 LE in FO

Wishlist:
Menace SE in CG
Shock in GB

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 01:32:48 AM »

Nice saber. I like it. Point for the cute curious kid. Lol. I heard her ask what is that. Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

SteampunkSith
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -53

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 03:10:10 PM »

Gah, that VA blade is stupendous.  Point!

"He cares nothing for the Sith or its teachings… or the Jedi. And when the Jedi are dead, he will feed on the galaxy, the Republic, and eventually, consume the Sith as well."
My UltraSabers:
Dark Initiate LE v3 BR
Dark SI v3 w/Sound BH
Dark Prophecy GB
Manticore w/Sound AV
Aeon LE v3 BR
Aeon v4 BR

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: