Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: looking for a sparring partner or session in the UK midlands area  (Read 9081 times)
Darth_Vyndrol
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -4

« on: August 22, 2015, 09:58:11 AM »

Hi, i am looking for a sparring partner (or sparring group) based in the east and west midlands of the united kingdom.
if there are any midlands based sparring groups or people looking for a sparring partner then hit me up via email on here.

here is a bit about my martial skills

i am a re-enactor of history and have trained with swords (real ones -non sharp- -high carbon steel type) so i know my way about safely and how to strike them safely and without causing injuries (which can happen in full contact re-enactment -trust that i know this firsthand-)
i am fairly proficient with an ultrasaber as a result of this and i seek to find as my post mentions a sparring partner or group.
note i am not proficiient with a saberstaff (double bladed saber) as i only ever use single blade sabers.
also i have 3 ultrasabers in my collection (so far)
i have (in order of acqusition)
1 aeon w/green colour led and silver flash on clash and sound (32inch, blade mid grade)
1 dark initiate w/ red colur led and sound -no flash on clash- (32inch, blade mid grade)
and one that will be arriving on tuesday that is the following
Guardian w/blue colour led and silver flash on clash and sound (32inch, blade mid grade)
sorry for the long post by the way (to anyone who reads this)
regards
Darth_Vyndrol

DARTH CH3M15T
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -69

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 11:53:49 PM »

Hi i'm based in the uk. North west though near chester dude so probably a bit far. I mainly do spinning tricks and showboat stuff. occasionally i'll get the masks and gloves out to fight with my mates. I've choreographed only like a short 20 move sequence with a mate once too. thats about it. i do get a lot of use out of them though. Cheesy
I have Aeon RGB stunt. Initiate sliver stunt (broken Sad ) and a dark initiate red stunt.  Various blade lengths all midgrade, and coupler aswell.

Heres the latest thing i've done with my ultrasabers.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz59D2sRRsE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz59D2sRRsE</a>

Chemist the Phantom Menace, the kinda Sith that smoke spliffs.
Witnessing my foes getting wiped from existence
Rolling doobs,  grow the finest down in naboo, lyrical kung fu focus attack. just like windu.
I also got a bong in the shape or R2D2 with efficient badass chrome droids rollin in my crew

Darth Zhar
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -19

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 07:35:32 AM »

Im based in Birmingham england

I've been trying to start a group but it's hard.

Currently I have a dark war glaive and a azure reaper. Both with mid grade blades.  I have 2 heavy grades waiting for me in October Comic con.

I've done a little bit of dueling, but don't really have anyone to duel with so my skills are limited.

wargame_insomniac
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 48

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 05:50:49 PM »

Hi. I'm just outside Leeds.  Not been able to do any proper sparring - lack the fitness, the skills and a regular opponent.  Did try some Saber bashing with a friend but without protective gear so more about just having a laugh with Flash on Clash.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

wargame_insomniac
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 48

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 05:51:59 PM »

I did think about trying out some real basic Shii-Cho choreography for next time though.  Any suggestions??

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

toms te gurke
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2015, 06:42:44 PM »

hi I,m based in Bedford. and looking for sparing partners, also trained with swords as I was with a dark age group years ago so know the basics for sparing. looking mainly beds bucks herts areas. but if someone in the northants area is out there maybe we could all hook up.

Raging Abe
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 15

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2015, 12:55:56 PM »

I'm based in Bradford. Have my first Lightsaber en route, a Initiate LE V4 with 24" Fire Orange blade.

I'd love to have a bash at duelling or choregraphy.

"Here's to swimmin' with bow legged women"

Lightsaber: Initiate LE v4 with Emitter Windows, 24" Fire Orange Blade & Obsidian Lite Soundboard

Connah
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light, Dark, both extremes annoy me

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 01:35:25 PM »

you may find this helpful
https://www.facebook.com/groups/938046822894911/

theres a few people from the midlands lurking about, including me

"there's no such thing as overkill. It's just making sure"

Dominix V4 VA with sound
Scorpion R+B Emerald with sound

Pages: [1]   Go Up