Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: David Prowse, our Lord Vader passes at age of 85  (Read 3277 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1559

I Survive through the Force.

« on: November 29, 2020, 07:14:44 PM »

Today my saber bleeds and I am a Sith.

As the title of this thread says, David Prowse the unseen legend behind the mask of Lord Vader has passed away after a short illness. He was a giant in the galaxy of film even if he didn't get the full recognition he could or should have gotten. David not only appeared as Vader (making the character) he also appeared in numerous Hammer Horror studios films (as Frankenstein's Monster and a Mummy and a Minotaur) and acted alongside Malcom MacDowell in Kubrick's "A Clockwork Orange". This is my small tribute to the gentleman giant that terrorised the galaxy.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, friends and Star Wars fans around the globe....and on this day I hold my bleeding saber aloft as a Sith.

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 08:13:48 PM »

T_T

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Darth Rage
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -78

Fear leads to....ooh a donut!

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 08:37:13 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fear leads to....ooh a donut!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 08:48:28 PM »

Hello Darths Rage and  Rondoudou,

@DarthRondoudou I feel exactly the same way. May the Force embrace him forever.

@Darth Rage, Oh wow man, you met the Dark Lord! I can't believe it, I think you only just recently posted this fantastic image earlier this week didn't you? So glad you got the chance and he had such an impact on you.

Thanks for the comments and shares.

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 110

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2020, 01:01:18 AM »

Certificatied autograph witnessed in England with sticker on back in wooden photo frame on my wall next to my Lost Grey.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VBm5xNobrs" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VBm5xNobrs</a>

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2020, 02:15:16 AM »

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2020, 05:59:14 AM »

The ORIGINAL Sith Lord shown in the series, the definition of terror throughout the galaxy. Ironically his passing isn't helping us rest any easier. He's followed after the iconic voice (James Earl Jones) at last, and left our galaxy a bit more empty. One noteworthy star vanishing from the night sky, but the images he left are similarly burned into out hearts and minds for all time. May he truly know peace, and his family one day find some measure of it as well. Billions mourn the loss of a titan. The first Darth to step out of the shadows and begin a legend.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 603

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2020, 06:18:51 PM »

Agree with all, he will be missed... Sad

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/s & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/s an silver foc
 Archon CG w/s an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/s an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite s and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/s an silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Free)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (Raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (free)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Sound in my Guardian, Dark Prophecy BR

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2020, 01:50:09 AM »

Agree with all, he will be missed... Sad

True that.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2020, 02:28:38 AM »

Hi Everyone

To DarthProdigal, MavRick and MercuryKungFu thanks for the adds and shares. It is nice to see tributes made with respect. I just heard about some pretty disrespectful comments and opinions left on social media so seeing you guys remembering Dave in this way made me feel better.

And to MercuryKungFu, that is one heck of a poster - you got him to sign it as both Darth and himself!

(I got a signed photo of Tim Rose (Admiral Ackbar and Salacious B Crumb) and he signed the front to For Tyeth then he signed the back tome using my earth name.)

points to you all.

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2020, 08:51:33 AM »

Hi Everyone

To DarthProdigal, MavRick and MercuryKungFu thanks for the adds and shares. It is nice to see tributes made with respect. I just heard about some pretty disrespectful comments and opinions left on social media so seeing you guys remembering Dave in this way made me feel better.

And to MercuryKungFu, that is one heck of a poster - you got him to sign it as both Darth and himself!

(I got a signed photo of Tim Rose (Admiral Ackbar and Salacious B Crumb) and he signed the front to For Tyeth then he signed the back tome using my earth name.)

points to you all.

Thanks, For Tyeth. It's an 8x10. Went online and found it.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2020, 11:50:13 AM »

Yeah some people simply tend to act like children or animals for whatever reasons, I stopped caring long ago what rationale (or lack there of) motivates their behaviors. It's juvenile in so many ways to be blatantly disrespectful for shock value or seeking attention. Uncontrolled anger, hate, or senselessly tactless comments are generally deplorable even by Sith standards. It hints at substandard intelligence and won't get one very far in any culture. Don't get me wrong, my sense of humor is black as night on many an occasion; but leaving people to their grief only makes sense since generally you have nothing to gain upsetting them. The man beneath that mask set the standard, his movements became iconic and legendary. Even if you're not a SW fan seeing that "Force choke" move is recognizable or hearing the name Vader means something generally speaking. Fear not, those who disrespect him have earned the wrath of every Sith everywhere. They may not know it quite yet, but I'm sure they've already triggered an avalanche of backlash for such foolishness. Not that I can condone such, it's merely the nature of the world. Action and reaction, karma can be savage to the ignorant. I just hold the fervent desire that his family, friends, and fans focus on the monumental outpouring of support rather than the feeble minded scathing remarks. Thank you for setting up this topic to inform any unaware (as I was the first time I read it), and as a medium to share such great memories/memorabilia. May the Force continue to serve you well.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2770

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2020, 02:22:30 PM »

The ORIGINAL Sith Lord shown in the series, the definition of terror throughout the galaxy. Ironically his passing isn't helping us rest any easier. He's followed after the iconic voice (James Earl Jones) at last, and left our galaxy a bit more empty. One noteworthy star vanishing from the night sky, but the images he left are similarly burned into out hearts and minds for all time. May he truly know peace, and his family one day find some measure of it as well. Billions mourn the loss of a titan. The first Darth to step out of the shadows and begin a legend.
Not to belittle the sentiment, but JEJ is still alive.

Yeah some people simply tend to act like children or animals for whatever reasons, I stopped caring long ago what rationale (or lack there of) motivates their behaviors. It's juvenile in so many ways to be blatantly disrespectful for shock value or seeking attention. Uncontrolled anger, hate, or senselessly tactless comments are generally deplorable even by Sith standards. It hints at substandard intelligence and won't get one very far in any culture. Don't get me wrong, my sense of humor is black as night on many an occasion; but leaving people to their grief only makes sense since generally you have nothing to gain upsetting them. The man beneath that mask set the standard, his movements became iconic and legendary. Even if you're not a SW fan seeing that "Force choke" move is recognizable or hearing the name Vader means something generally speaking. Fear not, those who disrespect him have earned the wrath of every Sith everywhere. They may not know it quite yet, but I'm sure they've already triggered an avalanche of backlash for such foolishness. Not that I can condone such, it's merely the nature of the world. Action and reaction, karma can be savage to the ignorant. I just hold the fervent desire that his family, friends, and fans focus on the monumental outpouring of support rather than the feeble minded scathing remarks. Thank you for setting up this topic to inform any unaware (as I was the first time I read it), and as a medium to share such great memories/memorabilia. May the Force continue to serve you well.
Considering that he was voiced over, his physical performance had to sell. And it did.

What exactly are the trolls saying?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2020, 03:26:50 PM »

Not to belittle the sentiment, but JEJ is still alive.
Ok, mind officially blown, I feel like I just stepped out of a parallel universe on that one... I can't imagine who I was thinking of then? Since all I've seemed to hear recently is bad news, that's great to hear. I appreciate it. Didn't mean to lead off topic here.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2020, 08:12:28 PM »

What exactly are the trolls saying?

Hi Darth Logos, some "individuals" decided it would be appropriate to bring UK politics onto the platform tribute page they posted on because of some of the views/opinions Mr Prowse expressed in the past year. It led to a few other people calling them out and setting the troll straight but they shouldn't have had to if the political comments hadn't been made in the first place.

It's the problem with "keyboard cowards" unfortunately - they're amonymous behind a screen.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: