Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Kylo Ren Sound Font  (Read 30035 times)
Terronium-12
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -18

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2016, 05:27:35 PM »

Already working on fixing the clashes and swings. Should be good to go at some point today or tomorrow.

If you will not fight, then you will meet your destiny.

ArtoriusaurusRex
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 41

From the Ashes a fire shall be woken...

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2016, 05:57:47 PM »

Already working on fixing the clashes and swings. Should be good to go at some point today or tomorrow.

How do you go about it? I'm trying to fix a font I downloaded from Saberfonts with the same problem.

Best I can figure is to take the first second of hum, cut it off, and put that under each swing and clash.

A Light from the Shadow shall spring...

Terronium-12
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2016, 06:23:19 PM »

How do you go about it? I'm trying to fix a font I downloaded from Saberfonts with the same problem.

Best I can figure is to take the first second of hum, cut it off, and put that under each swing and clash.

Exactly what you're thinking is what I'm trying.

Terronium-12
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2016, 07:15:26 PM »

Old link is invalid, use this one now: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pby46dfh0h4dkbl/Kylo%20Ren%20TFA.rar?dl=0

And DeadRed, there's no way for any of the crossguard sabers to do that without delaying power to the other two LEDs. Hint, hint, Ultrasabers.... hint, hint.  Grin

While that link is still live, here's an updated one: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pby46dfh0h4dkbl/Kylo%20Ren%20TFA.rar?dl=0

The newer files are marked with 'f'. So "clash1f" and "swing5f" as examples.

LitLuke
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2016, 02:37:45 PM »

So I got my Flamberge wich is absolutely awesome, and I installed the sound font now, the only problem that I have is that,
if you swing or hit something with it you can clearly hear the start of the hum if it goes back to idle. I tried to fix it with audicity but the only thing
I accomplish is that it's not THAT obvious, could anyone help me (us) with that problem? I will still keep trying but I don't think that I am able to fix this.

Anyways awesome sound font, still the best so far Cheesy

another off-topic question I have a problem, if I want to deteach the main blade, I need to turn out the main emitter out of the hilt just like
the 2 side emitters, but this thing is so fixed in the hilt that I am not able to move it. So I don't get the main blade out of the hilt, anyone has a tip for me ? :T

I know exactly what you're talking about. I tried to fix it with audacity too but I got nowhere. I'll keep trying to tweak it but if anyone comes up with a solution, please let us know!

Also, I have a single blade saber so I managed to alter the sound of the ignition. It is still Kylo's main blade sound but I took out the ignition sound of the side emitters. I just didn't need them. If I had the Flamberge(?) I would keep them. If anyone else has single blade sabers but would like this type of ignition, I could try to link it here in the forum.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2016, 02:31:35 AM »

Sorry for the stupid question but are these files actually ready to use on your saber or is more work required to get them into a workable sound font?

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

LitLuke
Force Sensitive

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2016, 05:36:52 AM »

Sorry for the stupid question but are these files actually ready to use on your saber or is more work required to get them into a workable sound font?

They do work. Just not perfectly. I currently have them on my saber and enjoy them quite a bit. It's just not as smooth as we would like. Feel free to toy with them yourself if you'd like. I'm just trying to ease the transition from a swing/clash back to the hum. That seems to be the only problem. But yes, they work.

Calculon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 435

We Will Win!

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2016, 03:15:51 PM »

Love the feel of it.

I have a request though for a non crossguard saber. Could you please make the crossguard sound the activation sound for the main blade of a non crossguard saber?

The Wolfpack Lives!

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2016, 03:49:45 PM »

They do work. Just not perfectly. I currently have them on my saber and enjoy them quite a bit. It's just not as smooth as we would like. Feel free to toy with them yourself if you'd like. I'm just trying to ease the transition from a swing/clash back to the hum. That seems to be the only problem. But yes, they work.

Pardon my ignorance, but I've seen that font files can come in two formats and these are WAV files.  You don't think it has to do with their not being LSU files, do you?  That may have nothing to do with it...it's just a stray thought.

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

ArtoriusaurusRex
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 41

From the Ashes a fire shall be woken...

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2016, 04:07:02 PM »

Pardon my ignorance, but I've seen that font files can come in two formats and these are WAV files.  You don't think it has to do with their not being LSU files, do you?  That may have nothing to do with it...it's just a stray thought.

Eh, I tried that. Doesn't make any difference.

Where are the veteran sound font creators? Surely they could advise...

A Light from the Shadow shall spring...

Hobbit Ent
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -1

The Dark Side is calling...

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2016, 08:13:09 PM »

Eh, I tried that. Doesn't make any difference.

Where are the veteran sound font creators? Surely they could advise...

The main reason for clicks and sounds not blending well is where the audio file starts and ends in frequency, or "Zero Crossings".

If you use audacity then you can go here: http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/faq_editing.html for an explanation.

US Dark Prophecy v3 - TRI Blazing Red - Obsidian v4
US Dark Initiate v3 - Fire Orange - Stunt Saber

LitLuke
Force Sensitive

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2016, 10:07:15 PM »

Love the feel of it.

I have a request though for a non crossguard saber. Could you please make the crossguard sound the activation sound for the main blade of a non crossguard saber?

I did this a week or two ago just to see how it sounded and it didn't sound too good. The cross guard ignition sound plays off of the main blade ignition sound. If you isolate the cross guard ignition sound it sounds as if it was cut (audio cut). I can do it with audacity but to be honest, I don't know how to link stuff in this forum. I can give it a shot though.

By the way, I'm not an audio wizard. I've had audacity for about two weeks now. I hardly know anything still. If you are able to install audacity, you may just have the same luck I do with getting audio the way you want it to sound!

Calculon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 435

We Will Win!

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2016, 11:15:25 PM »

Thanks Ent, I'll mess with it then when I get a chance. I am still not past marveling at the different effects I can produce to sync with hums. I am almost there though. I am hitting a wall as far as fonts I can install and customize into a single bank of awesomeness goes. Lots of fun stuff though.

The Wolfpack Lives!

Hobbit Ent
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -1

The Dark Side is calling...

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2016, 11:19:53 PM »

snip

No problem. I love the sound that these give off so I will also try and mess with the sounds for the greater good.

US Dark Prophecy v3 - TRI Blazing Red - Obsidian v4
US Dark Initiate v3 - Fire Orange - Stunt Saber

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2016, 05:53:11 AM »

Sweet...the more eyes (ears!) on it, the better!  I look forward to hearing soon that this font is all the way up and running!

--Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: