Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Ordering my first US this week...HELP!!!  (Read 1983 times)
Dark Mal
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 70

TWIN GOATEE

« on: November 13, 2012, 10:37:41 PM »

After a long deciding proccess, I'm going with the new Monticore as my first US. Now as for as color I'm down to two...GB or PO!! Questions i have are: Does it come with the LED button option? I wont be dueling much and stuff so will I need a charch port and kill key and all that stuff that I have no idea about. There are other things on the order part of it I dont understand but whatever. Does it come with the disconect option to get more colors down the road? Any advice would be helpful before I screw up $300ish saber order!!! THESE ARE WELL WORTH IT...RIGHT???

I'm getting the Obsidian soundboard of course!

WHEN THE POWERS OF GOOD OR EVIL ARE IN YOUR PATH, DO NOT GO AROUND THEM MY FRIENDS. STAND FAST..ONLY BY GOING STRAIGHT THROUGH THEM WILL EVER LEARN TO MASTER WHO YOU  TRUELY ARE.

Lord Cooler
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -80

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 10:53:22 PM »

IMO the Manticore has a more "Sith" feel to it, being based on Maul's saber and all, so PO seems like a solid choice for it. GB is also extremely awesome though, being my favourite color and all.

The LED Switch would be the AV Switch, which yes it can be installed on it as long as it has sound. It's under the "Sound" option with 4 different types: Green, Red, Blue and Non-illuminated.

You won't really need the recharge port if you won't use it much. It's easy enough to just remove and charge the batteries.

The Quick Disconnects can be installed. Just select "Sure, add them![Add 15.00$]" under the respective option.

And finally, YES. THEY'RE WORTH IT. I own 7 Ultrasabers and love every single one of them.

RGB Raven "Stalker"
BR Overlord "Doombringer"
GB Prophecy "Salvation"
BR Malice "Reaver"
SRD Bellicose "Protector"
DVA Dominix v3 LE "Corruption"
GB Raven "Azure"

Dark Mal
Knight Lieutenant

TWIN GOATEE

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 11:35:34 PM »

Thanks for the info...so I could just order both colors if I have quick connect?
Also..what's a blade plug??? Is this good first saber or would you recommend something else? I was talked out of The Monarch lastwlast week...so many I like!!

WHEN THE POWERS OF GOOD OR EVIL ARE IN YOUR PATH, DO NOT GO AROUND THEM MY FRIENDS. STAND FAST..ONLY BY GOING STRAIGHT THROUGH THEM WILL EVER LEARN TO MASTER WHO YOU  TRUELY ARE.

Lord Cooler
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 11:48:40 PM »

Quick Disconnect allows you to quickly and easily disconnect the LED unit in your saber, and connect a different one. So yeah, if you order your saber in PO and a separate GB MLS unit with Quick Disconnects, you can freely swap between both.

Blade plug is a little protector for when you want to display the hilt without the blade in. It shields the eyes against the powerful light of the LED, which hurt like hell if looked upon without protection.

I don't have a Manticore, so I can't say if it's a good saber, but US has yet to disappoint me so I guess it's good. It can swap both emitter and pommel and has Quick Disconnects, that's a big plus over the Monarch right there. My only problem with it is the saber's coloring, full-silver pommel and emitter in a full-black body looks kinda weird IMO.

RGB Raven "Stalker"
GB Prophecy "Salvation"
BR Malice "Reaver"
GB Raven "Azure"

Dark Mal
Knight Lieutenant

TWIN GOATEE

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 01:06:07 AM »

Ya I thought of that too but I love the emitter on this saber! Can you recommend a differenth saber to put this emitter on?? Maybe the Shock...Dark Shock!!

Lord Cooler
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 02:14:19 PM »

I'm planning on buying one to use on my Overlord, which I think would look perfect with it. A full-silver hilt, such as the Arbiter or Shock, would look amazing with it as well.

RGB Raven "Stalker"
GB Prophecy "Salvation"
BR Malice "Reaver"
GB Raven "Azure"

Jare Tal’onidir
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 27

I am a Jedi..but the Dark Side has the best toys!

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 03:46:27 PM »

As Lord Cooler says, IF you like the silver/black look, this is a great saber. If your really, really into dueling, something like the Prophecy or Liberator might better suit your needs. However, that said, I have no problem dueling with the Manticore. The balance and weight are amazing, and it's one of the shorter sabers which I find helps in a duel. It is great for swapping out parts on...I'm going to get a Malice emitter here one of these days 'cause I think it could almost pass as a Malice saber.
Here's Pyrestone Orange though:

My Sabers:
FO Aeon v2: DVA Prophecy v3; SY Consular; VA Nickle Monarch; AS Shock; BR Malishock, AB Graflex, PO Manticore FOC with Obsidian; CG Liberator AS FOC with Obsidian; and a GB Nickle Prophecy v3 with Obsidian

Dark Mal
Knight Lieutenant

TWIN GOATEE

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 07:11:22 PM »

WOW thanks for the pic it gives me a good visual to consider!!

Dark Mal
Knight Lieutenant

TWIN GOATEE

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 09:16:58 PM »

One more saber I want to throw in the mix that I'm strongly considering...THE BANE...RGB.
Anyone...lots of commits please!!!

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 10:55:35 PM »

One more saber I want to throw in the mix that I'm strongly considering...THE BANE...RGB.
Anyone...lots of commits please!!!

Before I decided on the CG Bellicose, I seriously considered the Bane in RGB. What turned me on to the Bellicose over the Bane was the emitter shape. I prefer slanted emitters/emitter shrouds, and the Bellicose had the shape I was interested in. Because of the different shape on the hilt/emitter on the Bellicose, I opted for a straight CG/AS FoC rather than the RGB option. Had I gone with the Bane, it would have been an RGB setup just to fill up some of the room on that two-hander.

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Dark Mal
Knight Lieutenant

TWIN GOATEE

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 02:28:49 AM »

Ya the Bellicose is badASS looking to. I'm 260 lbs so I'm thinking a two handed saber might be more for me. My choices are Bane...Bellicose...Arbiter!!! Guardian not for me! So hard to decide...

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 03:01:38 AM »

Ya the Bellicose is badASS looking to. I'm 260 lbs so I'm thinking a two handed saber might be more for me. My choices are Bane...Bellicose...Arbiter!!! Guardian not for me! So hard to decide...

For a two-hander, I've seen reviews that said the Arbiter is an awesome beast, and that both the grenade grip and bottom grips on it are comfy and great to hold on to. The pommel and emitter are MHS compatible too, so there's customizations galore possible down the road. I can only change the pommel on the Bellicose; I'm [very, very happily] stuck with my Bellicose's emitter.

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

DarthAsphyxious
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

Come to the Dark Side...... We have bacon~

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 03:43:04 AM »

Pyrestone looks absolutely beautiful! I would probably go with classic Blazing Red/PO FoC, possibly a two hander. Ad likely a Malice or DWG body with Raven claws, if possible.

Will work for Dark Side Points.

Dark Mal
Knight Lieutenant

TWIN GOATEE

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 08:48:54 PM »

Ya I'm leaning towards the Arbiter just don't know if I want all silver are the dark one! I know the Monicore emitter would look pretty sweet on the saber!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: