Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 583   Go Down
Author Topic: Suggestion Box/Wishlist: what do we want from Ultrasabers?  (Read 1495407 times)
Saber Rake
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 24

Light Side points please!

« Reply #3600 on: September 17, 2015, 03:20:35 PM »

Doesn't your blade hold it tight?

"I'm not testing you, Obi-Wan. Life tests you! Every day it brings you new chances for triumph or defeat. And if you pass the test, it doesn't make you a Jedi. It makes you human."
―Qui-Gon Jinn, to Obi-Wan Kenobi

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3601 on: September 17, 2015, 03:21:58 PM »

The thing on my wish list is a set screw for the LED assy. to keep it from rattling around in the emitter.

What model do you have?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

oldgamefreak
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #3602 on: September 17, 2015, 09:49:42 PM »

I have the Sentinel LE v4. I'm not saying i'm not happy as hell with it but I don't think you should need to force it into place and use the blade to hold it in place. if it moves this can cause flexing in the wires attached to the LED. The more the wires move the more likely you are to have issues with the connections or getting a wire pinched. Maybe it's a non issue but I have an electronics degree and did board level work for years. It's just a possibility that could be eliminated with a 1/4-20 set screw.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3603 on: September 17, 2015, 09:55:03 PM »

That would actually be a cool idea. How about a smaller size crossguard saber of some kind? Like either Sentinel or Dominix V4 variant type thing. Just an idea though

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3604 on: September 17, 2015, 10:18:33 PM »

I have the Sentinel LE v4. I'm not saying i'm not happy as hell with it but I don't think you should need to force it into place and use the blade to hold it in place. if it moves this can cause flexing in the wires attached to the LED. The more the wires move the more likely you are to have issues with the connections or getting a wire pinched. Maybe it's a non issue but I have an electronics degree and did board level work for years. It's just a possibility that could be eliminated with a 1/4-20 set screw.

I would suppose, if you're careful, you could pop the MLS out and drill and tap another hole where you want it.

But I think that kind of mod voids the warranty.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

oldgamefreak
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #3605 on: September 17, 2015, 10:27:38 PM »

Meh.. Not too concerned about the warranty. It's nice they have one but it's a stunt saber so it's just an LED, battery, switch and some wire. If I ever pop the LED or anything I'll probably just do the work myself. And a set screw shouldn't do anything to the structural integrity of the emitter.

OGF

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3606 on: September 18, 2015, 07:55:58 PM »

Meh.. Not too concerned about the warranty. It's nice they have one but it's a stunt saber so it's just an LED, battery, switch and some wire. If I ever pop the LED or anything I'll probably just do the work myself. And a set screw shouldn't do anything to the structural integrity of the emitter.

OGF

The LED actually lower than the emitter, like down in the neck. There should be just enough wire to get it out the emitter, or at least out of the way. Then to put it back, I recommend pulling the battery harness out the end keep the wires out of the way while reinserting.

Sig by For Tyeth

oldgamefreak
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #3607 on: September 18, 2015, 11:46:19 PM »

AH nice tip. Point for you.

Thank you!!!

Lady J
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 64

Nothing lasts forever...

« Reply #3608 on: September 18, 2015, 11:49:05 PM »

Not sure if this has been suggested yet (tho I'm sure it has been) but I'd really like it if they made an LE hilt option that has black where there is gold. I'd be all in for that!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #3609 on: September 19, 2015, 08:50:14 PM »

I like that idea. Reverse color contrast. But how about a more sorta accurate Anakin ATOC hilt done? I know the Prophecy is close but that would be a cool one to do too though =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3610 on: September 21, 2015, 09:31:42 PM »

Not sure if this has been suggested yet (tho I'm sure it has been) but I'd really like it if they made an LE hilt option that has black where there is gold. I'd be all in for that!

Kinda like they offer 2 types of CE, normally. Like in the case of the Manticore or Monarch, the CE is both Silver or Nickel, and you choose what you want. Only you'd be able to choose LE1, LE2, LE3 depending on how many options they offers. I wouldn't mind an Apprentice LE in red. Shocked

Sig by For Tyeth

Lady J
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 64

Nothing lasts forever...

« Reply #3611 on: September 21, 2015, 09:49:08 PM »

Kinda like they offer 2 types of CE, normally. Like in the case of the Manticore or Monarch, the CE is both Silver or Nickel, and you choose what you want. Only you'd be able to choose LE1, LE2, LE3 depending on how many options they offers. I wouldn't mind an Apprentice LE in red. Shocked

Exactly!! I would love it if they did that  Grin

Lady Mineva
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 76

I rarely act my age.

« Reply #3612 on: September 21, 2015, 10:55:50 PM »

Maybe they could make a "Crimson Apprentice" for Christmas or something and see how it sells?

Determination is my strength, patience is not always my virtue.
Initiate LE V4(SY) w/Sound "Chasm"

Drakul
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -3

In war, truth is the first casualty.

« Reply #3613 on: September 22, 2015, 06:08:30 AM »

Staggered activation!  Grin
After seeing the Kylo Ren FX, I think we need this for the Flamberge and Renegade.

"This cannot be. Is... Is it an omen?"

Sarich Belmont
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 54

I am legend.

« Reply #3614 on: September 22, 2015, 02:14:10 PM »

Different battery options. Like being able to choose between the dual 14500 or a single 18650. I think a more rugged style chassis system would be good as well.

"I don't aim to be like you, Master, not at all. I aim to be better." Jacen Sarich, then-Padawan. (From my old Star Wars D20 days.)

Under Construction...

Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 583   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: