Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Raffle prize questions  (Read 6138 times)
DarkSideBlues
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -30

He always looks like he’s judging my posts....

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2018, 11:58:15 AM »

Hi.  All good answers and I'm sure that we have already created a standard go to post that addresses practically every raffle related questions usually asked.  Viv/DSB... get to it and find that thread please lol.  Wink

One other item worth mentioning.  If you get email notified that you have won a lower tier prize such as a 3rd or 4th place stunt saber... you can quickly with lightning speed... contact US to let them know that you would pay to upgrade to sound.  You might be able to choose your LED preference but I'm not absolutely sure on that.  You will not be told in advance what saber you have won... therefore you take another chance with your upgrade decision.  

Oh the fun never ends.  Grin

Actually there isn’t, because the all of the questions are answered in each raffle announcement. Like this sentence from the current raffle announcement post:

“Prizes will be shipped to the same shipping address on the order # with the winning raffle ticket and will ship with your order once the raffle ends.”

This thread: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=39343.0 , two paragraphs and a sentence above the ergo spinners.

You only live once?
WRONG.
You only die once.
You Live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you ALIVE and truly living, or just watching life go by you?

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2018, 12:49:12 PM »

But, that's not necessarily the case. As we've seen, some raffle orders ship before the raffle has ended. Obviously, if that person wins a prize, they would be required to ship it in a separate package.

DarkSideBlues
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -30

He always looks like he’s judging my posts....

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2018, 01:15:47 PM »

But, that's not necessarily the case. As we've seen, some raffle orders ship before the raffle has ended. Obviously, if that person wins a prize, they would be required to ship it in a separate package.

Yes, I've always been confused about that.

When I first started entering the raffles, I thought that the order was held until after the raffle winners were picked, which is why I always waited until the last day to order.

Then I saw people who entered say they had received their order. The superstitious side of me always thinks that this means they will not win a prize. I have no evidence of this, and it's probably not the case, but it's the first thing I thought.

My opinion is, based on what Deep posted, to always presume that your raffle entry order will be held until the winners are picked. If it turns out you get your order early, and still have a chance of winning, that's just a bonus.

You only live once?
WRONG.
You only die once.
You Live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you ALIVE and truly living, or just watching life go by you?

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2018, 01:29:57 PM »

My opinion is, based on what Deep posted, to always presume that your raffle entry order will be held until the winners are picked. If it turns out you get your order early, and still have a chance of winning, that's just a bonus.

Yeah, pretty much. I always enter on the closing days, when I actually enter raffles. So, I get my orders after the thing is over, even on the one where I didn't win anything. Though, even if I did enter the first day and had to wait the full time for my order to ship, I'd be cool with that. If it hasn't shipped, you figure you've got a chance, right? Smiley

One thing that has also occurred to me is how many people whose orders ship before the end forgot a step. For example, maybe they entered the code but forgot to put their forum name in the notes section. Remember, they sent an e-mail reminding people to do that about a week into this raffle. I'd imagine they were getting a lot of orders where people forgot that step. Since that disqualifies you from raffle contention, it's obvious you'd get your order sooner.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2018, 08:32:18 PM »

If you realize your mistake and email Marlena... if possible she has been very helpful for manually adding one's forum name to connect with that all important invoice #.  Also assists those who totally forgot to enter the raffle.  No guarantee though that this correction will take place... but the staff do their best to help us out.  Smiley

It always amazes me how some members have the Force luck on pretty much every raffle they enter.  I on the other hand belong to the other group.  lol  Sad

For those members who have entered the raffle for the 1st time... here are the general guidelines and expectations:

Sometime after midnight using Texas time zone a computer generated random draw will take place from all the tickets.  Your invoice number will be entered into a tier level along with your forum name.  Whether the program starts with the top winners and then goes down to the 4th level is not clearly known but most likely.  If you have entered more than once... there is a possibility of being drawn multiple times.  Being a double winner is no longer all that rare over the years of raffles... a load of free sabers given away by US.  Grin

If all goes well and if you are a winner... you should receive an email from US indicating this and what prize level you have won.  Be aware that there is no specific set time but often around 6 - 8 am on the next day... 14th for this one.

However... since US are also busy with cons there is the chance that notification could take a complete day and even more... so try to get some sleep and don't panic if there is no news about the raffle results.  Smiley

There will be a complete list of all the fortunate winners posted in the Announcement thread.  The members have x2 different main threads which will be started in the Gallery section.  The first is to share your saber winning for this draw and the other is to share your saber raffle entry and all the freebies if you received any.  This is more photo heavy and not for lots of details about your saber choice.  Save that for your own thread if you want to have more conversation.

May the Force be with everyone who enters... and enjoy all the new sabers that are coming your way.  Cheesy

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2018, 09:33:42 PM »

Nice bit of info for the first timers, D7. Have another point.  Cool

Yeah, Marlena is awesome. Every time I've e-mailed customer service, she's been right on the spot and gets back quickly, usually with the answers you need. If anybody can make it happen, she can.

I'm 50/50 on the two raffles I've entered prior to this one. Just got my order in the first one, which was fine. However, I won a 3rd place saber in the second. Smiley

CruentoNox
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 464

We are what they grow beyond

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2018, 10:50:59 AM »

Thank you Dauntless Seven for the information. It's very helpful for those like me who are entering a raffle for the first time. Have a point!  Wink

Sabers Owned
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, SRD with AB FoC, windows and Green-Illuminated A/V Switch
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, AB with windows
- Dominix LE V4, Stunt, SRD with windows
- Aeon V4, LITE sound, GB with AS FoC, windows and Non-Illuminated Silver A/V Switch
- Dominix V4, Stunt, BR with windows
- Bellicose, LITE sound, AS with AB FoC, Black blade holder, Bronze button, Long grooves pommel and White-Illuminated A/V Switch

TR-77477
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -361

Join The Darkside ( We have cookies)

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2018, 11:33:29 AM »

Patience, Patience, even for Jedi there is time to eat. This is my 5-6 entry in a raffle. Some times it takes time to announce the winners. If you win you get a saber you did not expect, that is reward enough.

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Wish list---Consular--Flamberge V2--Omen

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB
Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR -- Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR

Gifted

Dominix V4--- Initiate V4---Graflex SE SD---Dark Apprentice v4 GB
Dark Standard issue CG at Dcon 2018---Six Mystery Boxes at dcon 2019

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2790

Grey Assassin

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2018, 12:09:41 PM »

This is my first raffle so that was great information on how it works and how UltraSabers pulls winners into slots.  Thanks, Dauntless, any questions I had was answered.   Point.

MTFBWY
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 01:10:11 PM by Infinit01 » Logged

superspartan117
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2018, 07:33:21 PM »

This is my first time entering a raffle, and was curious about the second place prizes. I know its a random hilt with random features with sound, but is the sound obsidian lite, or Premium? Also is flash on Clash included? Any answers would be appreciated please!

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2018, 07:43:19 PM »

I think it's Premium, but I don't know for sure. What I can definitely say is that Flash on Clash counts to those "random features", so there's no definite answer if it's included or not Wink

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2018, 08:41:07 PM »

This is my first time entering a raffle, and was curious about the second place prizes. I know its a random hilt with random features with sound, but is the sound obsidian lite, or Premium? Also is flash on Clash included? Any answers would be appreciated please!

I'd assume "random" means it could be any combination of sound types and features.  IIRC, there have been both V3, V4 and Lite versions of sound.  And FoC can be included, but isn't always.  Smiley

There!  Clear as mud!  LOL

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2790

Grey Assassin

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2018, 10:56:09 PM »

I'd assume "random" means it could be any combination of sound types and features.  IIRC, there have been both V3, V4 and Lite versions of sound.  And FoC can be included, but isn't always.  Smiley

There!  Clear as mud!  LOL

Exactly, with so many customization options one can have when ordering a saber, what you may receive can be quite a bit of different builds which makes the raffle much more fun since it's a mystery until you open the box and power the saber on for the first time.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2018, 12:35:46 AM »

Based on the ones I've seen in the past, they do indeed vary as our friends here have indicated. I'm in the second place prize club too, so I guess we'll find out when we get them. I'm just happy to have won a free saber, and one with sound is even cooler. Cheesy

superspartan117
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2018, 04:44:49 AM »

Based on the ones I've seen in the past, they do indeed vary as our friends here have indicated. I'm in the second place prize club too, so I guess we'll find out when we get them. I'm just happy to have won a free saber, and one with sound is even cooler. Cheesy

Yeah I'm super excited to see which one I got, just hope I don't get another red sentinel. I've already got two!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: