Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Swapping Guardian Blue to Pyrestone Orange?  (Read 2338 times)
NatRomanova
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« on: December 06, 2017, 08:22:17 AM »

Hello there! I was wondering if it's possible to do this? New to forum and saber scene so I'm not sure if this has been covered before, but if someone could help me out with what to do, that would be great.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 10:45:57 AM »

Just need some solder. It will void your warranty.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

NatRomanova
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 07:29:07 PM »

I already voided the warranty when I aged it, so that's no issue. Is it the same for going to a tri-Cree?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 07:43:59 PM »

What do you have? That will let us know what you have to work with.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 09:15:14 PM »

You wouldn't void the electronics warranty by weathering the outside of it, just FYI.

In order to get better answers you need to give us more details.

What saber do you have?
Do you have quick disconnect?
Do you have a Tri Cree now?
Do you have FOC?
Do you want FOC?
Etc...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

NatRomanova
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 04:33:23 AM »

It's an initiate le v4 with Obsidian lite. It appears to have a regular resister in it, I'll have to check the exact ohm later. No flash, just pretty basic.

NatRomanova
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 04:36:38 AM »

And I want Foc, but I'd like it to flash red or silver, two colours that don't seem compatible with Pyrestone

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 02:02:55 PM »

It's an initiate le v4 with Obsidian lite. It appears to have a regular resister in it, I'll have to check the exact ohm later. No flash, just pretty basic.
And I want Foc, but I'd like it to flash red or silver, two colours that don't seem compatible with Pyrestone
Warranty aside, I believe you have a single color LED setup, and FoC requires a multi-LED. This can be achieved in 2 ways.

1) Email US and get an estimate of what it will cost you to send in for an upgrade.

2) Take your life in your hands and tweak it yourself. Tongue

Personally, I always leave it to the experts.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

NatRomanova
Force Sensitive

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 07:35:48 PM »

I'd rather do it myself. I have been a steam punker for years and have some experience soldering. Is it possible to get Pyrestone in FOC red, or would I need to have different saber for that?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 07:45:08 PM »

I'd rather do it myself. I have been a steam punker for years and have some experience soldering. Is it possible to get Pyrestone in FOC red, or would I need to have different saber for that?
You'd have to know the right resistance mix, and have an RGBA cluster.

Sig by For Tyeth

NatRomanova
Force Sensitive

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2017, 07:26:29 AM »

Would a buckpuck solve resistance mix issues? If that wouldn't  I don't think I have a choice other than sending it in.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2017, 02:46:51 PM »

Would a buckpuck solve resistance mix issues? If that wouldn't  I don't think I have a choice other than sending it in.
No. (Speaking with limited small electronics knowledge) The Buckpuck regulates power to the system and keeps light and sound consistently level until there is not enough battery life to sustain operation. When certain LED colors are mixed, resistors are put on the inputs of certain colors to limit the amount of power for them to shine. For instance, Arctic Blue and Sun Rider's Destiny are both made using G+B LEDs. AB (I believe) is 100% on both G and B, if not then the G has a small resistance added. SRD, on the other hand, is biased to let more green through, so a heavier resistance is applied to the Blue LED.

Make sence?

Sig by For Tyeth

NatRomanova
Force Sensitive

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2017, 01:07:59 AM »

I understand what you're saying. Basically I would be upgrading to essentially a diamond saber to do what I want to do with it.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2017, 03:48:41 PM »

I understand what you're saying. Basically I would be upgrading to essentially a diamond saber to do what I want to do with it.
No no no. You can get a MLS in forum colors, I have several in my collection. All the Emerald board does is allow for variable resistance to be applied in order to change the emitted color. If you know that you only want the one color, you can add a fixed resistance to the (+) of the individual LED in order to limit its output. If I remember, I'll try to get you a pic of what I'm talking about.

Also, if you went to Diamond or Emerald, you would have a cluster LED consisting of Red, Green, Blue, and White/Amber. Hence RGBW/RGBA. IMO, the single LEDs are plenty bright, but to each their own.

I'm not sure if they offer such a setup, but if I'm understanding what you want (Tri-Cree PO with red/silver FoC?) then I think they can do a cluster of 2Red and 2Amber LEDs. If they can, then it is just a matter of wiring the board for FoC to turn off one color during the Flash. I think PO is R+A. I also think that PO flash to FO would look best.

But again, I have limited knowledge of electronics, so you might try emailing US to see (a) if it's doable and (b) how much.

[email protected]

Or if you are set to try undertaking this transformation on your own, I recommend consulting Isola815, JediXIX, or RevanReborn. I haven't heard much from them lately, but they are active members. They would be my go-to for mod wisdom.

Sig by For Tyeth

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2017, 07:42:46 PM »

Depending on your setup, yeah, since Pyrestone uses red and green dies.  You could basically have the red flash brighter on clash, or even have it be the only die used during the flash.  To be honest though, I'm not overly familiar with the capabilities of the Obsidian Lite, so I couldn't say for sure if you'd need to wire it differently.

Sending you a PM now.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: