Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1298933 times)
TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #390 on: June 26, 2013, 06:27:14 PM »

@B1ondeange1: Yeah, you're right. I have the exact same issue that you have, actually. I try not to sound like a know-it-all, and I know that about a year ago, I managed to thoroughly frustrate one of my good friends on here, and that wasn't even my intention Sad So since then I've worked on toning it down... by a lot. Actually, come to think of it, this site, as well as all of you, have helped me work on a lot of my issues. lol. Go figure.

@Blue: Huh, I never thought about the possibility of sports being rigged, but that is definitely a cause for concern. I too believe that cheerleading is a sport. If only I could get my friend to play a game of Halo, or watch a match from MLG (Major League Gaming), just so that he can learn to appreciate what the pros do. Oh, and as for expressing opinions, it's nice to know what someone on the other side of it has to say about the issue. Thanks a bunch.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 06:30:52 PM by TheHobbitofDune » Logged

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #391 on: June 27, 2013, 11:17:20 PM »

I think I broke my ankle today at work... went to the work comp doctor and they didn't see any break, but I am in miserable amounts of pain... I think I want a second opinion...

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #392 on: June 28, 2013, 05:07:06 PM »

Did you get xrays? Maybe you could get a ct scan if they can't see much on the xray. Second opinions are often a good idea .
feel for you, ankle injuries suck big time. Even soft tissue damage can be incredibly painful. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #393 on: June 30, 2013, 11:14:09 PM »

When am I gonna learn not to be such an idiot, and finally get my ass in gear! I blew yet another opportunity, just like I always do.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #394 on: July 01, 2013, 04:24:40 AM »

When am I gonna learn not to be such an idiot, and finally get my ass in gear! I blew yet another opportunity, just like I always do.
*hug*

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #395 on: July 01, 2013, 06:48:19 PM »

Attention Business Contact:

I swear by Almighty Zeus and on Odin's beard, if you don't learn how to use the "Reply All" feature on your email, I'm gonna rip your vocal cords out through your rectum and then use you like a puppet!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 06:55:20 PM by Jev Moldara » Logged

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #396 on: July 01, 2013, 11:59:13 PM »

I seriously need a new job...

My ankle is severely sprained, I'm on Doctor's orders for "seated work only" (which of course can't seem to be accommodated) until I see the Doctor again tomorrow.  My boss has copies of these orders, his boss has copies of the orders, the owner of the company knows because he had to authorize the treatment in the first place.  Daily, mind you I'm on crutches and can't drive (right ankle,) I get phone calls "We need you to come in, you're really screwing us by being off for this."  Now, again, this is Work Comp, these are Doctor's Orders, but everyday I'm getting cussed at because I got injured at work.

I'm so ******* tired of doing the work of three people, while I have coworkers who take their company vehicles home daily and spend HOURS at their homes while on the clock (yes I do lunch at home from time to time, but never more than 45 minutes.)  Yet I'm treated like crud even though I come in when I'm sick and always try to do everything that's ever asked of me...

If I didn't need the money I'd quit in a heartbeat, but I don't have another job yet.  I seriously need to hear back from one of the resumes I've sent out so I can get out of that negative environment.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #397 on: July 02, 2013, 12:53:32 PM »

Yesterday me and all the other maintenance personnel got our asses chewed out by the managers because of what the other shifts refuse to do. We bust our asses to get the place spotless, and everyone else screws us. Today is the day the inspectors come in to check if we are doing our jobs. Most of us worked our asses off today, but one girl lied right to us and said we didn't need to clean in one area because she already did it. Well my coworker and I checked while we were getting the trash and she didn't even touch the place. I went back and confronted her about it and she blatantly lied to my face about it. She then said she would go do it again... AGAIN. She never touched it. Well I went to check again and it was a half ass job done. Mind you, I had to do a walk by because everyone, including myself, was swamped with work for 9 hours straight. She had one job... ONE! So now we're gonna hear about it tonight when I go into work.

We also had to clean up paint near the compacter because some dumb ass decided to put four gallon buckets of paint in the dinkiest trash bag they could find. So we mopped it up, and being that it was latex paint being cleaned up with stripper and water, there was NO way it was going to stick to the bucket. Well my coworker left the mop in the bucket with the paint water because we had more important things to finish first. He had every intention of cleaning it. He even brought it up as we were walking back to the maintenance closet. Then one of the other guys, who just the other day when we got yelled at, acted like he was the target and told someone that the rest of us do absolutely nothing and he does all the work. This is my eighth day in a row of work. I'll be working ten days before my first day off. He's had four days off in the last two weeks. He starts pissing and moaning about the bucket for 7 minutes. I could hear him in the next room while we were finishing our work. Instead of taking the literal two minutes to empty it, rinse it with hot water, and refill it; he bitched for seven minutes. Yes I counted. I tell you what, it's like high school. Don't get me wrong, I like my managers, most coworkers and the job. They welcomed me like I was family, but the select few really screw the rest of us. The only difference between some of these people, and the same type of people in high school is in high school, I would have already split all nine of my knuckles on their jaw.

Sorry for the super long rant. I just... UGH!

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #398 on: July 02, 2013, 01:09:33 PM »

I seriously need a new job...

My ankle is severely sprained, I'm on Doctor's orders for "seated work only" (which of course can't seem to be accommodated) until I see the Doctor again tomorrow.  My boss has copies of these orders, his boss has copies of the orders, the owner of the company knows because he had to authorize the treatment in the first place.  Daily, mind you I'm on crutches and can't drive (right ankle,) I get phone calls "We need you to come in, you're really screwing us by being off for this."  Now, again, this is Work Comp, these are Doctor's Orders, but everyday I'm getting cussed at because I got injured at work.

I'm so ******* tired of doing the work of three people, while I have coworkers who take their company vehicles home daily and spend HOURS at their homes while on the clock (yes I do lunch at home from time to time, but never more than 45 minutes.)  Yet I'm treated like crud even though I come in when I'm sick and always try to do everything that's ever asked of me...

If I didn't need the money I'd quit in a heartbeat, but I don't have another job yet.  I seriously need to hear back from one of the resumes I've sent out so I can get out of that negative environment.
I feel for you. Just getting over my last ankle sprain, at 6.5 weeks since doing it and I'm walking pretty well but I still need to sit and rest, I'm limping by the end of each day. Thankfully my work are mostly decent about it, but I keep getting asked if I can work on the floor and I the look I get when I say no. Its hardly like I hurt myself to inconvenience them. Hope things get better for you and your ankle improves soon! I'm just waiting for my ankle to get better so I can find another job.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Pagru
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #399 on: July 02, 2013, 05:29:51 PM »

Oooooooh a place to calmly rant, must.

Ordered my first sabre recently, I know they take time to put together and that's fine, problem is, they'll email me when it ships so now every time my phone plays my email alert I'm diving after my cell phone like a speeding bullet to see "New E-Bay advertisement" nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -273

« Reply #400 on: July 02, 2013, 06:26:11 PM »

I have SOOOOOO much I could vent about, I'd still be hear in 5 hours typing!

Where do you really want me to start? My life SUCKS!!!! There literally doesn't seem to be one good thing in my life at the moment and it's been like that for years. I seem to not be allowed to be happy, because the powers that be (whether you believe in them or not) just do everything they can to spoil it!!!

Case in point, my brother has NEVER shown an interest in sabers, or at least, not since we both got plastic toys as kids. He discovers that I have a stunt saber (all I could afford) and now has engineered a situation where he is getting a full-tilt custom saber, with sound and all the bells and whistles, for  only slightly more than I paid for my stunt!!!!

Additionally, I'm waiting on the STUPID inland revenew people of my country to decide how much extra it is going to cost me to have MY first saber with sound, all because of a mix-up.

To say that I'm "upset" (please insert about a THOUSAND PROFANITIES HERE!!!!!!) Is putting it mildly.

It REALLY sucks being me, and you know what? I'm about ready for quitting this ride!

"The Dark Side is a pathway to many abilities!"

Venom "Durance of Hate"
Scorpion "Durance of Rage"
Dominix LE "Acolyte of Vengeance"
Phantasm LE "Twins of Tyranny"
Gladius "Acolyte of Agony"

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #401 on: July 02, 2013, 06:46:25 PM »

It REALLY sucks being me, and you know what? I'm about ready for quitting this ride!

Don't you think you are being a bit... extreme? Not trying to belittle you or anything, but there is always a way to work past your problems. And honestly, there are a ton of people in this world who have it so much worse. Some people can't even afford sabers, or food, or clothes, for that matter.

Besides, who cares what your brother does? He is just being a brat, and is most likely trying to feed off of your negativity, by the looks of things. Don't give him that opportunity; just smile, laugh, and walk away. Besides, he is spending money on something that'll probably just collect dust in his closet. LOL. His loss.

But hey, you aren't alone. I've suffered, everyone here has suffered, we've all suffered. But we can either choose to fight, or just give up and think about what could have been. There is always a choice. And hey, most of us have turned out pretty okay Wink

Darth_Arkanus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -273

« Reply #402 on: July 02, 2013, 06:50:24 PM »

Don't you think you are being a bit... extreme? Not trying to belittle you or anything, but there is always a way to work past your problems. And honestly, there are a ton of people in this world who have it so much worse. Some people can't even afford sabers, or food, or clothes, for that matter.

Besides, who cares what your brother does? He is just being a brat, and is most likely trying to feed off of your negativity, by the looks of things. Don't give him that opportunity; just smile, laugh, and walk away. Besides, he is spending money on something that'll probably just collect dust in his closet. LOL. His loss.

But hey, you aren't alone. I've suffered, everyone here has suffered, we've all suffered. But we can either choose to fight, or just give up and think about what could have been. There is always a choice. And hey, most of us have turned out pretty okay Wink

All true. Anyway, the thread said "Vent" and I really didn't expect it to solve anything...cos' it never does. As for my brother, this has been his MO our whole lives, I should be used to it by now.

Fight or give up? A choice still not made.

"The Dark Side is a pathway to many abilities!"

Venom "Durance of Hate"
Scorpion "Durance of Rage"
Dominix LE "Acolyte of Vengeance"
Phantasm LE "Twins of Tyranny"
Gladius "Acolyte of Agony"

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #403 on: July 02, 2013, 07:04:48 PM »

Fight or give up? A choice still not made.

Neither.

Just realize that your brother is merely aping you and laugh about his own lack of self.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 296

Jedi Knight of the Old Republic

« Reply #404 on: July 02, 2013, 08:06:39 PM »

That and dude, your brother bought a lightsaber because you got one... Talk about flattery. Lol

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: