Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 559   Go Down
Author Topic: Venting.  (Read 1288813 times)
ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #930 on: May 24, 2014, 10:58:39 PM »

I would suggest that we move on.  Rehashing both what one person meant when they posted (subjective to their view) and how others interpreted it (subjective to theirs) is not the best use of one's time or one's posts.  Continuing to react back and forth will only lead to a great deal more annoyance for everyone.

Or, putting on one's mod hat - be nice, or I'm turning the forum around, and no one goes to Wally World.

Awww, but I NEED to get a funnel cake....

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #931 on: May 25, 2014, 08:38:04 AM »

I would suggest that we move on.  Rehashing both what one person meant when they posted (subjective to their view) and how others interpreted it (subjective to theirs) is not the best use of one's time or one's posts.  Continuing to react back and forth will only lead to a great deal more annoyance for everyone.

Or, putting on one's mod hat - be nice, or I'm turning the forum around, and no one goes to Wally World.

I'd say that's a good idea. In my opinion the original post that sparked all this was a little rude anyway, because unless the original poster had two similar conversations in the same time period which is entirely possible, it was regarding a what we thought was friendly conversation with other forum members OFF forum (who are choosing not to snap back and make a deal of it on here even though we have just been given some unfair labels), and I do not think it was very appropriate. Please, it happened off forum, lets keep it off forum.

That's my two cents said, I feel a little better now.

In other vents... my car is now dirty and muddy.

ok so not such a vent  Grin though a little less rain and wind while camping would've been nice lol.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

TheHobbitofDune
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 473

« Reply #932 on: May 25, 2014, 03:51:11 PM »

^ If you wish to keep it off forum, then you shouldn't have posted this message in the first place. The original poster (as in, ME) did not reply back for quite some time now. He never felt the need to. All was over and done with until you had to go back and call me out for being rude and for believing that I was being unfair.

Also, they aren't choosing to make a big deal out of it... but you are. *shrugs* OH WELL.

Perhaps a better means of venting your frustrations with me would have been to email it to yourself rather than attempt to cause escalation in a topic in which everyone else had already decided to drop it.

Just saying.

Now I'm going to ignore this thread for a while and drop it myself.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #933 on: May 25, 2014, 05:30:55 PM »

Hobbit, if you have an issue with me please bring it up with me out of here, dont run away from a chat off forum because we don't agree with you then come here.

Mods, perhaps the best course of action would be to delete any posts regarding to this discussion? Thankyou and I apologise for any hassle or unrest this has caused.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

The_Ronin_Jedi
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 5

I'm not much for following the Order.

« Reply #934 on: May 25, 2014, 09:26:07 PM »

Hobbit, if you have an issue with me please bring it up with me out of here, dont run away from a chat off forum because we don't agree with you then come here.

Mods, perhaps the best course of action would be to delete any posts regarding to this discussion? Thankyou and I apologise for any hassle or unrest this has caused.

Deleting any posts won't make a self-appointed issue disappear, it will just make your issue seem like it is an ACTUAL issue, when it was just a kind little conversation.

Either way... I want to be able to order by bloody Reaper.

Unlike the Jedi, Sith don't limit their potential when it comes to the Force.

I only need two strikes to win a duel: One to make my opponent open to attack, and another to exploit that opening.

My custom saber: Oxyx Ignis

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #935 on: May 25, 2014, 10:29:31 PM »

Deleting any posts won't make a self-appointed issue disappear, it will just make your issue seem like it is an ACTUAL issue, when it was just a kind little conversation.

Either way... I want to be able to order by bloody Reaper.

OK - I asked nicely.  Move on - everyone.

No more references, veiled or otherwise.  New vent.

If you have issues with one another, handle via PMs like adults or outside the forum entirely.

I'll give you a topic - it is Memorial Day weekend, and I have tomorrow off.  My sinuses decided to celebrate by inviting mucus to the party.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #936 on: May 25, 2014, 10:53:10 PM »

Ya know what I REALLY hate? People who don't use proper spelling and grammar on the Internet. It's not THAT hard to at least make a readable post, especially since you are A NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKER.  Even if you're not, spell check practically does all the work for you these days.

Mistakes happen, I get it. Heck I've made them myself plenty of times, none of us are perfect. Just pay attention to the squiggly red line, and use a period so you're entire wall of text isn't one giant sentence. That's all I ask.

(Sig by me!)

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #937 on: May 26, 2014, 01:44:41 AM »

Ya know what I REALLY hate? People who don't use proper spelling and grammar on the Internet. It's not THAT hard to at least make a readable post, especially since you are A NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKER.  Even if you're not, spell check practically does all the work for you these days.

Mistakes happen, I get it. Heck I've made them myself plenty of times, none of us are perfect. Just pay attention to the squiggly red line, and use a period so you're entire wall of text isn't one giant sentence. That's all I ask.

[In my very best RedNeck impression]  Now TJ, you sound just like that dang ol teacher I had in high school.  I told her that I only needed to know 3 letters, U, S, and A. 

Here is my vent:  Why is it that when you try to move on with your life, some old girlfriend, ex-wife, ex-employer and such feels the need to continue to bash?  I (and others like me) are out of your life.  Why do you demand to bring us back in your life when we got the message loud and clear to get out???  I (and others like me) are done with you.  We are enjoying our new lives of freedom.  Why is it that I have to hear from new people about what you think my faults are?  Do you have proof?  Oh you don't?  Then take a long walk off a short pier.  I often here people spouting off that I need to treat others as I want to be treated.  Well, when is that going to be reciprocated?  Huh???  If you withdraw enough money from the bank without putting anything back in to replace it, the account becomes empty and the Bank of Blue sure doesn't have an overdraft protection plan. 

Peace all!!

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -141

« Reply #938 on: May 26, 2014, 05:59:32 AM »

Blue I hear you,

It appears your main issue is that you have became an adult and moved on, many people never get to that stage.

Since my recent move into a house owned by my in-laws (which my wife and I are buying from them) I have spent most of my weekends with a two and a half year old as they finish the basement and remodel the kitchen.

What I have learned is that it is all about control a two and a half year old can't contol much so he/she controls what he can. I will only eat what I want to eat until you cave and feed me what I want. Sure you think I should wear pants and shoes, but how many times will you put my pants back on before you cave. Sure if I don't but my shoes on you will pick me up and bring me back into the house but how many times will you do that before you cave.

Some people even though they have reached the age of being a legal adult never move beyond that mentally. If they can't beat you they try to wear you down on the edges, because they know you will try to react as an adult and an adult struggles to live in a childs world, an adult doesn't have the time to dedicate all its efforts to one cause.

My vent, when you buy the decent but not great, (and for the price it should be okay but not great) surrond sound system and you are putting the system in an older, thus smaller living room house, shouldn't you have more then enough speaker wire? I know speaker wire is the expensive part of the surrond sound system (obiously that is tongue in cheek) so that's the thing you should skimp on.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 06:05:33 AM by Darth Severus » Logged

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Knight Commander

« Reply #939 on: May 26, 2014, 08:25:05 PM »

Blue I hear you,

It appears your main issue is that you have became an adult and moved on, many people never get to that stage.

Since my recent move into a house owned by my in-laws (which my wife and I are buying from them) I have spent most of my weekends with a two and a half year old as they finish the basement and remodel the kitchen.

What I have learned is that it is all about control a two and a half year old can't contol much so he/she controls what he can. I will only eat what I want to eat until you cave and feed me what I want. Sure you think I should wear pants and shoes, but how many times will you put my pants back on before you cave. Sure if I don't but my shoes on you will pick me up and bring me back into the house but how many times will you do that before you cave.

Some people even though they have reached the age of being a legal adult never move beyond that mentally. If they can't beat you they try to wear you down on the edges, because they know you will try to react as an adult and an adult struggles to live in a childs world, an adult doesn't have the time to dedicate all its efforts to one cause.

My vent, when you buy the decent but not great, (and for the price it should be okay but not great) surrond sound system and you are putting the system in an older, thus smaller living room house, shouldn't you have more then enough speaker wire? I know speaker wire is the expensive part of the surrond sound system (obiously that is tongue in cheek) so that's the thing you should skimp on.

Thanks for the support Severus.  My biggest complaint is that I was given a very weak reason for losing my job.  I apply for unemployment as my son was born 21 days after losing my job.  My former employer has contested allowing me to collect unemployment by adding a charge against me dated after my termination date.  So now, I have to appeal and jump through more hoops because my former employer is essentially lying at this point.  

For those that remember, I brought a walking stick to work and someone freaked thinking it was a sword.  The investigation cleared me of bringing a sword but I did get tagged for violation of the weapons policy that basically states, "You cannot bring a firearm or other weapon to work.  No exceptions."  The unemployment investigator calls the day my son is born to tell me that my former employer is reporting I was terminated due to cussing a co-worker out during night shift on May 1st.  I was sent home on the night of April 30th and terminated May 1st at 1pm via telephone.  I never called or set foot on my former employers grounds after 10pm on April 30th so how could I have cussed someone out between the hours of 7pm and midnight on May 1st?

I didn't contest that weak excuse they gave me simply because I knew they were going to do everything possible to stall my paternity leave because my boss believes that men cannot bond with children.  They got their wish, I was gone.  Now they decide to interfere with my unemployment on top of my paternity leave.  Although I currently have no proof, I am sure they are trying to black ball me from working as my field is pretty limited in the first place.  Three phone calls and I have no job prospects in my chosen field.  I have placed 16 job applications in two different states and only have received 2 replies.  Both were "You don't fit what we are looking for."  17 years of experience and a Master's degree and I don't qualify?Huh

I certainly hope that Karma is real and that people do get paid back three times what they put out there.  I am definitely not so proud that I won't work in another field or even go back to school to enter a different one.  It is just the principle of this whole thing that annoys me.  

I certainly hope that people can give me pointers on how to kiss butt properly so that I can work another 25 years and get top marks without actually having to do anywhere near the 14 hour shifts I had been working.  
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 08:32:22 PM by Master Bluespike74 » Logged

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #940 on: May 26, 2014, 08:53:26 PM »

Blue,

I totally feel you.  I had to jump through hoops to get unemployment when I was unjustly terminated in August.  Basically I had been injured, I was released back to work, but because it was Work Comp, I caused an increase in their insurance rates, so they made up a bull$h*t reason and fired me.  It took from August 1st until October to get through the appeals process, mind you this was over $235 per week, I won the first appeal, I got two checks, they contested the outcome of the appeal, so everything halted until the next appeal hearing.  I didn't get another check until the week before Thanksgiving, but I won the second appeal.  I then was paid weekly from the week before Thanksgiving until December 31st.  On Jan. 1, 2014 my unemployment was stopped because the state claimed there were no more funds.  Now remember, I'm supposed to be eligible for 26 weeks of unemployment, I received a grand total of 8 weeks.  I haven't seen a dime since last year.  I am back in school, so I have that going for me, but I still have at least another year to finish a degree, as for work, I keep sending out resume's and I keep getting the same BS back, "You're overqualified..."  "You're undervaluing your skills..."  "You don't fit quite what we're looking for..." My wife works full time, but it's not enough to keep everything going, our savings is almost 100% depleted and I was even denied a minimum wage job at McDonalds because I'm not bilingual... talk about a serious kick in the jewels...

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Knight Commander

« Reply #941 on: May 26, 2014, 09:13:56 PM »

What has truly happened???  I remember a time when it was your productivity levels and not your social circles that gained you prestige in a job.  I have worked with guys at a pole mill where the one with the worst language and biggest attitude toward women received the highest raise every year.  Why?  He brought the company more money than anyone else.  Did I think it was right?  No.  Yet, I understood what the company valued. 

Now, you have my wife being passed over for a top raise because she failed to bring in doughnuts at all during 2013.  Seriously??? Doughnuts pays the bills???  She is the first person to be board certified at her employer in over 25 years.  Didn't count for jack. 

SMH.  Correct that.  Beating my head against the wall.  I think I am beginning to understand why so many Americans have been renouncing their citizenships here lately. 

JEStucker
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 340

Founder - The Underfunded Force (Light Points)

« Reply #942 on: May 26, 2014, 09:33:19 PM »

What has truly happened???  I remember a time when it was your productivity levels and not your social circles that gained you prestige in a job.  I have worked with guys at a pole mill where the one with the worst language and biggest attitude toward women received the highest raise every year.  Why?  He brought the company more money than anyone else.  Did I think it was right?  No.  Yet, I understood what the company valued. 

Now, you have my wife being passed over for a top raise because she failed to bring in doughnuts at all during 2013.  Seriously??? Doughnuts pays the bills???  She is the first person to be board certified at her employer in over 25 years.  Didn't count for jack. 

SMH.  Correct that.  Beating my head against the wall.  I think I am beginning to understand why so many Americans have been renouncing their citizenships here lately. 

I think a HUGE problem with the job market lies at the feet of the Internet.  Yes, I love the internet, but I think these corporate run websites where you submit applications or resumes are the downfall of a lot of job prospects.  Back in the day, you had to find out who was and wasn't hiring through friends, family, people you knew, etc, and that would go a long way to getting your foot in the door somewhere, but someplace along the line we computerized the process.  Now there is no face to face interaction with potential employers, so there is no first impression.  You're data on a page, you won't even be looked at by a human unless there are certain words that appear in your resume.  Then, don't forget the quizzes and online personality tests that go along with many applications.  If you don't answer the psychology double talk questions just right, regardless of your honesty, you're red flagged and denied further review.  A very good friend of mine is the assistant manager at the local Office Max, he knows I'm looking for work, he told me they needed part time help, I even used him as a reference and he helped me fill out the application so it was exactly what they wanted.  I got red flagged at the corporate level and they can't interview or hire me... all because some computer didn't like the answers on a personality quiz.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!

Dominix v2 Fire Orange
Aeon v3 Guardian Blue/Obsidian

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Knight Commander

« Reply #943 on: May 27, 2014, 12:17:15 AM »

I think a HUGE problem with the job market lies at the feet of the Internet.  Yes, I love the internet, but I think these corporate run websites where you submit applications or resumes are the downfall of a lot of job prospects.  Back in the day, you had to find out who was and wasn't hiring through friends, family, people you knew, etc, and that would go a long way to getting your foot in the door somewhere, but someplace along the line we computerized the process.  Now there is no face to face interaction with potential employers, so there is no first impression.  You're data on a page, you won't even be looked at by a human unless there are certain words that appear in your resume.  Then, don't forget the quizzes and online personality tests that go along with many applications.  If you don't answer the psychology double talk questions just right, regardless of your honesty, you're red flagged and denied further review.  A very good friend of mine is the assistant manager at the local Office Max, he knows I'm looking for work, he told me they needed part time help, I even used him as a reference and he helped me fill out the application so it was exactly what they wanted.  I got red flagged at the corporate level and they can't interview or hire me... all because some computer didn't like the answers on a personality quiz.

Damn, this is so me right now. 

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #944 on: May 27, 2014, 09:33:54 AM »

Three phone calls and I have no job prospects in my chosen field.  I have placed 16 job applications in two different states and only have received 2 replies.  Both were "You don't fit what we are looking for."  17 years of experience and a Master's degree and I don't qualify?Huh

Don't worry dude. Sounds to me like they just want some youngster out of college that they can hire for Burger King wages.

(Sig by me!)

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 559   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: